1 reply to this topic

#1 Crypty

Crypty

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts

Posted 05 July 2004 - 01:35 AM

I have a 120gb hdd and I was wondering how the cach works. Is it like a set ammount of space and when it fills up, older stuff is erase, or does it clear whenever you boot a new game? Can I increase the cache size so that...say.... When I play ninja gaiden, then play other games, and go back to ninja, the load times wont suck? I know that it takes about 2 mins to load a level after playing some other game. But if I were to play ninja gaiden, shut it off and play it again, the load would be really fast.

#2 AlTheKiller

AlTheKiller

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,513 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3

Posted 05 July 2004 - 02:06 AM

each game uses the cache differently. they are usually hardcoded a partition to use and clear it out before loading their files (if the files already there are from a different app). so if you play 2 games that use the same cache partition they will delete each others files.

PS: you cant resize the cache partitions or MSDash wont load, and im pretty sure the bios doesnt support it anyway. besides its kinda like the way the xbox uses RAM, the games are programmed to use the default ammount so increasing it would probably have no effect.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users