6 replies to this topic

#1 KAC

KAC

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 403 posts

Posted 05 July 2004 - 02:14 AM

I just recently switched from MXM to Ava and am experiencing lock up when launching certail apps and games.

For example, if I try to launch Fight Night from Ava, the LED turns RED then the box freezes and I have to do a hard reset. In order for me to play Fight Night, I have to launch UnleashX or MXM from Ava first. It also happens with some other games and apps as well. What could possibly cause this?

Any ideas would be appreciated! Thanks.

#2 MikesTooLz

MikesTooLz

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 05 July 2004 - 04:41 AM

what bios are you using?

#3 Thraxen

Thraxen

X-S Hacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,691 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 05 July 2004 - 05:45 AM

How long are you waiting? My Ava seems to hang up on loading sometimes, but if I just wait 5-10 seconds it will finish the load.

#4 KAC

KAC

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 403 posts

Posted 06 July 2004 - 10:56 AM

I'm using X2's 4981.

I've waited as much as 1 minute and it's still frozen.

The LED turns RED and stays RED.

#5 Thraxen

Thraxen

X-S Hacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,691 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 06 July 2004 - 07:35 PM

Hmmm... not sure what the issue is then. I also use the 4981 BIOS and I haven't had any real problems loading other than the occasional pause I mentioned.

#6 Xustu

Xustu

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 08 July 2004 - 01:27 PM

I've also noticed this problem. Although I've been just blaming it on my 2 year old hdd, I tried switching to another dash for a while and the problem vanished. Usually in avalaunch I try to clear out the cache before I launch things but I doubt that makes a difference.

The part that makes it a giant pain is the fact that it's pretty random and hard to reproduce. Sometimes it's just a few games that give me problems. Other times it may be every app I try to boot. So for, I'm lost on it but whatever. I'm just glad the ava guys created this dash and let us use it for free.
biggrin.gif

-xustu

#7 joeshmo2002

joeshmo2002

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 August 2004 - 01:22 AM

I have the same problem. All other dashboards run the games and programs fine but for some reason avalaunch freezes when they load at times. If I reinstall avalaunch everything works fine for a short time then it starts up again. My HDD is locked and I have a 200 GB WD hard drive.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users