5 replies to this topic

#1 mrlogik

mrlogik

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 05 July 2004 - 02:12 PM

Hey Guys,
I am using the UDE exploit. I have done this on a few other xbox's before. I used a matrix mod chip with an evox boot CDRW and ftp'd into the xbox. Edited all the files as I have done before to make UDE work, turned it off, and put the chip into disable mode. Turned it back on, and PBL loaded -> evox. Great! I then removed the chip, and tried to turn it back on again and now it does the on.. off.. on.. off... on flash Green/Red. I checked all the wires and Im really lost. Any ideas please

Thanks
Logik

#2 kennelbound

kennelbound

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 63 posts

Posted 05 July 2004 - 04:15 PM

Your bios is hosed. Try putting the chip back in, and turning it on. I don't know how you managed to kill your bios, but the only way to repair an onboard bios failure is to chip it, then reflash the TSOP. Either that, or you've fried some wire or another.

Good Luck! smile.gif

#3 mrlogik

mrlogik

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 05 July 2004 - 05:40 PM

When I put the chip back in it still does the same thing. I looked at all the wires and everything seems fine. If putting the chip back in does nothing it cant be the onboard bios can it?

Logik

#4 ftothe3

ftothe3

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 05 July 2004 - 07:14 PM

QUOTE (mrlogik @ Jul 5 2004, 06:40 PM)
If putting the chip back in does nothing it cant be the onboard bios can it?

Logik

right. you messed something else up. your xbox is prob. toast

#5 jjff8844

jjff8844

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 63 posts

Posted 05 July 2004 - 10:19 PM

It happens to me before with the matrix modchip. I used to reflash my matrix a lot because the bios gets corrupt frequently. After few times installation, i think it damaged the d0 point or onboard chip. I think you have to buy a new motherboard like, and i recommend to get a new chip. Don't use matrix.

#6 mrlogik

mrlogik

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 06 July 2004 - 01:32 AM

I see what you're saying about the d0 point getting damaged. But I only had the chip in for about 5 min. I have fixed a motherboards "traces" before. But I can't see any damage. It's really frustrating. I'm going to continue to play around with this board and I will update with whatever I find.

Logik

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users