10 replies to this topic

#1 jwrhinehardt

jwrhinehardt

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 53 posts

Posted 05 July 2004 - 04:50 PM

I get an error that says " There is a problem with the disc you are using. It may be dirty or damaged" when i am trying to play games from the hdd. I have about 20 games on my hdd and the games play fine when i use the discs but i get that error when i try to play from the hdd. Ne ideas?

#2 addyb

addyb

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 218 posts
  • Interests:Football, Boxing and of course xbox
  • Xbox Version:v1.5

Posted 06 July 2004 - 11:15 AM

Try changing your xbox mode to PAL or NTSC depending on what its already set on with Enigma video switcher (check out this website for more details on it)
ALSO another thing you can try is
to FTP the game folder back to your pc, create an iso in qwix and then ftp it back, now i know this doesnt make sense but it did work for me!!

#3 Helios

Helios

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,097 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 06 July 2004 - 01:03 PM

it could be a number of things... Make sure that your discs are not scratched, might be your DVD-ROM (If you have a Thompson then that could be your problem) then again it might be the program you are using on your xbox to burn them.... Might of been a bad image or something??? Anyway I hope that gives you a few ideas dude

#4 jesus_clone

jesus_clone

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 80 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 06 July 2004 - 01:12 PM

I've had a wierd problem with that sort thing, try using different programs to burn it on there.

#5 dirtybox

dirtybox

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 06 July 2004 - 01:31 PM

Jwrhinehardt,

I had that problem but only with Rallisport Challenge 2 (PAL UK). All my other HD games work fine.

When I bought the game it played from the disk with no hassle so I copied it to my HD and went to bed (it was late). The next day I tried to play it from the HD but I got a dirty disk error. WTF I thought, from the HD? I put the original game disk in the DVD drive thinking that would play but it didn't. I even deleted the game from my HD but the original still wouldn't play.

I tried all my copying tools, PxHDD, dvd2xbox, X-copetc but all had the same problem everytime

The way I got round it, which you might not like, was to copy the game from original disk to my friends HD, then copy it from there to my laptop then back onto my xbox!

It works perfect now, from the HD that is. I'm too scared to use the actual disk incase it ruins the HD copy. So I just leave it to gather dust on a shelf!

I still haven't figured out what caused the problem, perhaps as mentioned above - A dvd drive problem (my crstal came with the new Phillips drive). I hope not cos the xbox is less than 2 months old! Good excuse for a Samsung though!

Good luck getting it work! I'd be interested in hearing if you manage.

Dutty

Edited by dirtybox, 06 July 2004 - 01:34 PM.

#6 oxjeremy334

oxjeremy334

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,844 posts
  • Interests:Being a Rhinestone Cowboy

Posted 06 July 2004 - 01:34 PM

Helios Posted on Jul 6 2004, 03:03 PM
  it could be a number of things... Make sure that your discs are not scratched, might be your DVD-ROM (If you have a Thompson then that could be your problem) then again it might be the program you are using on your xbox to burn them.... Might of been a bad image or something??? Anyway I hope that gives you a few ideas dude 

I think you need to read more carefully, he is only having these issues when booting games from the hdd and not the discs.

One thing you may want to check is whether the games that do not play have any long file names that your ripper renames. You may need to patch the default.xbe on these games.

#7 addyb

addyb

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 218 posts
  • Interests:Football, Boxing and of course xbox
  • Xbox Version:v1.5

Posted 06 July 2004 - 01:47 PM

well said jeremy, i had the exact same problem with my NBA ballers, it would not run off the original disc so i just ftpd the folder over to my pc, patched the xbe and then created another xiso and ftpd that back to my xbox HD and problem was solved. Another mate of mine also had the same problem but he had to switch his mode from PAL to NTSC, strange tho!

#8 dirtybox

dirtybox

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 07 July 2004 - 10:52 AM

Hmmmm, this is strange. I tried to play RSC 2 last night and got the dirty disk error again. I remembered the video mode being mentioned as a potential problem. I have the Engima video mode switchdisk in my evoX apps but 1st I thought I'd try something else, so I went into M$dash thru evox and changed the video mode to 60Hz. I booted back to evoX loaded the game and it worked perfect again. No need to use Enigma.

My xbox is usually set to 60Hz but when I take it round to my mates house I have to set it to 50Hz. I forgot to change it back and this seemed to cause the problem, despite it playing fine on his 50Hz telly the day before. I do leave my xbox unplugged for long periods of time and this seems to reset the dash settings.

I don't understand this at all but at least now I can fix it, which is enough for me!

Give it a try.

Dutty

#9 selfscience

selfscience

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 21 July 2004 - 10:03 AM

Use qwix for iso extraction not isox

#10 omegajedi

omegajedi

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 599 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 21 July 2004 - 04:23 PM

QUOTE (dirtybox @ Jul 6 2004, 08:34 AM)
I had that problem but only with Rallisport Challenge 2 (PAL UK). All my other HD games work fine.

You probably need to set your clock in the MS Dashboard. Worked for me.

#11 spgurley

spgurley

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,687 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 21 July 2004 - 06:00 PM

Helios, you didn't read anything but the post topic, did you...

And don't just start fucking around with your video mode, you're going to screw up your Xbox if you don't know what you're doing.

There have been problems like this before, so the answer might be somewhere in the older posts. Its worth checking.

Edited by spgurley, 21 July 2004 - 06:03 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users