• This topic is locked This topic is locked
26 replies to this topic

#1 V-O-I-D

V-O-I-D

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 05 July 2004 - 05:35 PM

From www.xboxdash.net - BLACKSTORM BASTARDS!

Here we were. Us tHc guys, waiting with anticipation to see the unfolding of an impressive looking new app that could take the msdash down into the depths of death with a mighty bellow from its metaphorical fog horn after hitting the iceberg of limited possibilities.

So JbOnE, Gcue and myself downloaded BlackStormX today with anticipation, bated breath and a deep desire that this dash would be "the shiznit."
The dead give away should have been the fact that the rar file was password protected for absoloutly no reason?
were these guys homosexual or hiding something?

I turned on my xbox (running tHc with a hack so that it reads .xbe names). Where was it ?
No BLACKSTORM X xbe's in sight.
I looked closer, but I couldn't see any mention of blackstorm x. "Strange" I thought. Finally I noticed a tHc LITE xbe showing up that shouldn't have been there.

Blackstorm X. A blatent rip off of tHc? yes. A sloppy rip off of tHc? HELL YES.
The .xbe name actually reads "tHc LITE" - I tried launching from Ava, UnleashX and EvoX, and exactly the same happened. They didnt even rename the name of the xbe they nicked off us !!!!.
If I was a psychologist I'd have said "this explains the pass-protected archive" :/

Damn i thought.

Meanwhile, JbOnE was taking a look at this "next generation" (LMAO!) dashboard and noticed the readme gives credit to tHc for ...
"-AutoAdd
-Skins archieving from skin.xip
-Hard Drive Space (hack by fuck_db and implemention initally by thc)"

(BTW Bob - the HD space mod was not just a fuck_db's patch - JbOnE and db worked together to make that patch so FINAL would have drive info - and then db made US a patcher - it only was released to public when FINAL was put on the back burner. Once again, get your facts straight.)

The LED xbe hack is stolen code from tHc member (who is not mentioned because he wants to remain anonymous until FINAL is released). Its not new and it certainly isn't your's.

As if that wasn't enough to make us hate the dashboard, the .xap's are bloody rip offs too!
They didnt even code their own xips the gits.
All of BobMcGee 's code was either cut and pasted from ours (he did think far enough ahead to rename some functions and variables lol) - or he had Gcue "help him to do it" while he still said he intended it to be a "tHc add-on".

Next, the screensaver! (YES- THERE'S MORE!)
Is that really an original groundbreaking idea?
NO.
This screensaver concept is the original work of JbOnE who was working on it for FINAL before he made the mistake of trusting BobMcGee with it, who immediately posted to the public his "original" idea.

BlackstormX is...
ZogoChieften: his color mod code gives no credit as to it's origins -> VulgusProfanum.
BobMcGee: has blown us away with his incredible, shamless theft.
AcidBath: has made the only ORIGINAL contribution to the dash with his meshes (someone should tell him to bail b4 he goes down with the "BSX" ship lol).

To be honest, we're absolutely appalled and blown away that any one could do this to us.
The xbox scene seemed special before today, each member of it is working together to achieve something, hundreds of members help newbs each day to get to grips with the system, we pride ourselves on sharing, helping and free software.
We never expected to see plagiarism on this scale anyware, least of all in the xbox hacking community.

Please don't host this dashboard or send it to anyone.
Please don't hype this dashboard.
Please don't repost what has been placed on their site.
This is infriging our intellectual rights for the hell of it and we aren't happy about it at all.
Remember the release of OutRun X (which was taken off Shenmue II). Xbins refused to host that game and the community pulled together to give a one finger salute to the plagerist.
We hope this will happen with blackstorm too, and the community we have developed for for so long will help us.

As we aren't some corporate giant and as what we do is essentially "legally questionable", we're unable to take legal action against BlackstormX for the amount they have stolen from us.
Instead, we ask the xbox community to prevent them from gaining any satisfaction from what they have stolen from us. We're counting on user loyalty (and brains - it's not gonna take you guys long to see you've been handed a knockoff). You want a better dash to work with - grab the wip BobMcGee got his education & ideas from in the usual places. Don't support plagiarism - support creativity.

#2 Odb718

Odb718

X-S Freak

• Last Chance
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,589 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 05 July 2004 - 06:27 PM

Who posted that?

#3 tayior7

tayior7

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 05 July 2004 - 06:35 PM

discworld

#4 SSChevy2001

SSChevy2001

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 05 July 2004 - 06:44 PM

JBone when are you going bring out tHc Final and show why tHc is the best?

#5 quall

quall

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 903 posts

Posted 05 July 2004 - 07:51 PM

When they are good and ready. He should say summer of 2005. That way, people won't think that tHc devote their lives to the dash, and others will be very happy if it is released earlier than expected.

#6 Loto_Bak

Loto_Bak

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 537 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3

Posted 05 July 2004 - 09:19 PM

Ok 1st....

Yah they should have given props to thoes who worked on it....
Passing others work off as their own is sad,

that said

Where does thc get off accusing others of intilectual properly infringment!??!

This is infriging our intellectual rights for the hell of it and we aren't happy about it at all.

Well i dont think they did it for 'the hell of it' They did it so they could use your code, add a few little tidbits and release it as their own hacked xbox dash. You infinged on MS rights. You think they were happy about it?

we're unable to take legal action against BlackstormX for the amount they have stolen from us.

You stole the entire MS dash! How can you get mad at others who do the same to your project as you did you MS.
Jesus virtually every xbox has copywrited code in our modified bios's. Infringment.
Copies games on the hard drive. Infringment.
Emulators (roms). Infringement.

Anything built with the xdk is infringing on MS IP rights. So don't go crying when your project is stolen just like you did to others.

Boo hoo you lost credit for your project. MS (and other game developers) are loosing tons of MONEY (read : puts food on table, your credit for code doesnt - aka money more important)

If you want to bitch about not giving credit where it is due thats fine (and I agree) but to bitch and moan about IP crap is just retarded. Look at yourself before you accuse others of what you've done yourself

#7 Infamous_One

Infamous_One

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 05 July 2004 - 09:30 PM

QUOTE (Loto_Bak @ Jul 5 2004, 11:19 PM)
So don't go crying when your project is stolen just like you did to others.

WTF?

dry.gif The Dash is from MS , yeah , but all the additional code added to THC and THC LITE was done by THC Team , none of the code that THC Team added was code from MS. so THC code is not stolen from anybody , BullShitX Team stole THC code and made it like they added it. so shut the fuck up.

muhaha.gif DEATH TO BULLSHITX , LONG LIVE THC , THC LITE AND THC FINAL.

#8 XVegitto

XVegitto

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 68 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 05 July 2004 - 09:32 PM

totaly true.

u think the people who own the actual legal rights were happy when u did this?

its true that they totaly copied your work but apart from expecting people to shun them what else can you legaly do?

wink.gif

#9 JbOnE

JbOnE

X-S Expert

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 526 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 05 July 2004 - 09:36 PM

@Loto_Bak : you started out good then went right into the crapper lol. obviously you have no clue what goes into a hacked dash - yet you felt compelled to comment anyways. nothing in a tHc dash came out of the xdk or any other MS lib. xap code is watered down c making it the "intellectual property" of the person who writes it - so no one "stole the entire ms dash". quite contrary - we turned it into something they never intended it to be (like gasclown reminded us all about hacked bioses). and the dash puts no food in anyone's mouth ya ding dong lol - it's the ui for their hardware - no extra $$$ is made off of it, it's part of a system.
now get your facts straight - then come back and make an informed - well articulated post jester.gif
everyone thinks their an expert hehe

@XVegitto : legally nothing - just like he said - discworld gets very enthused in his writing - don't take him word for word wink.gif

Edited by JbOnE, 05 July 2004 - 09:38 PM.

#10 XVegitto

XVegitto

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 68 posts

Posted 05 July 2004 - 09:42 PM

Response to the Rantings of thc
It's shameful that I even have to dignify the unfounded slander posted recently by Discworld, the semi-retarded mascot of thc, with a response. First of all, Gcue had nothing to do with the post. He knew nothing about it, so to say that thc has an issue with our group is flawed. thc consists of Jbone and Gcue and any remarks made by people outside this circle should be tossed in the trash rather than posted on xbox-scene. If there is anyone who is angry, it's JbOne who has been acting like a 3 year-old not wanting to share his ball with the other kids. Gcue has been in our channel chatting quite a bit without any negativity.

Every member of BSX spent the preceding year doing work on the thc dash. IceCool was one of the main admins for their site. I wrote the game found in thc lite. Zogo and acid have also made contributions to the thc scene. The origional BSX dash was built on thc lite and intended to be an addon for lite. The first code for it even had switching for the menu to toggle between thc lite and the BSX style dash. We were quite content working on advancing the thc dash and never had any intention of forming our own group in the first place. Then we woke up to find that all our admin privledges had been revoked and Jbone was regulating what could be shared with others. MSdash hacking has always been synonymous with thc. It only seems fair that if we are going to put work automatically labeled generically as "thc" that we can post the work ourselves.
Despite the fact that Jbone has contributed little to the msdash scene other than insults for some time and had announced his "retirement" on several occasions, he continued to try to interfere with anyone attempting to get credit for their work, labeling it as "stolen code." Who would want to do anything for the dash under those conditions? Hence the formation of BSX.

With that said, it should come as no surprise that all links to thc with regards to code aren't completely severed. Great effort was taken to remove as much thc code as possible from the thc lite copy on which we had origionally based the dash. Discworld seems to think the fact that the xbe says thclite internally is significant. While perhaps sloppy, it definitely does not indicate theft. MS wrote the xbe...I can patch anything I want in it but it doesn't mean I wrote it.

Credit for the few functions which were used, such as auto add, skins from the skin.xip archieve, and the HD space was given in both the readme and within the comments in the code itself. If there was anything left out they feel they should have gotten credit for a simple e-mail, or PM on mIRC will clear it up, but Jbone would rather throw a temper tantrum then talk like an adult.

Now the topic of this screensaver is just plain stupid. Jbone spazed out earlier when I tried to release this claiming I "stole" his code. When confronted on the his blatent lie, he changed his story saying the "IDEA" of a screensaver was his. Ya right, and I have an idea for a magic flying car... according to thc I should get credit for this magic flying car if anyone builds it.

Bottomline is that BlackStormX is going to continue to write code whether or not Jbone likes it. It can cry all he wants....pout...sulk...whatever manchildren do for attention...and its not going to change anything. If Jbone wants to talk, we are always available, will be receptive to his concerns and will address them accordingly. As for the lies drummed up by a retarded mascot...I have recycling bin on my desktop.

Reply By BlackstormX

#11 nmajin

nmajin

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 422 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 05 July 2004 - 09:44 PM

All i can say is THC is the shit...i love thc lite and even if blackstormx did "create" their own code for it's dash i would still pick thc over blackstormx...i dont even think you guys have to argue against blackstormx team because i bet 99.9% of xbox-scene users would pick thc lite over blackstormx...thc lite is fucking beautiful beerchug.gif

#12 muerte

muerte

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Posted 05 July 2004 - 09:47 PM

now about that xbe name hack... this would definately get me to switch over to THC.

#13 XVegitto

XVegitto

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 68 posts

Posted 05 July 2004 - 09:48 PM

No one asked people what they prefer, do you see a question asking you which is better? NOPE wink.gif so dont start fucked up flaming by some other fucktard who likes Bsx

ph34r.gif

#14 Infamous_One

Infamous_One

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 05 July 2004 - 09:52 PM

QUOTE (XVegitto @ Jul 5 2004, 11:48 PM)
No one asked people what they prefer, do you see a question asking you which is better? NOPE wink.gif so dont start fucked up flaming by some other fucktard who likes Bsx

ph34r.gif

hmm , lets see who how many users like THC and how many user like BullshitX.

#15 bucko

bucko

Super Moderator

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,996 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 05 July 2004 - 09:55 PM

Long live THC.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users