mkjones

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,427 posts

Posted 06 July 2004 - 05:58 AM

This is on the main page:

Xbox v1.6 Debug Bios
Yoshihiro, a Gueux'Net developer, made a Debug Bios booting on Xbox v1.6 which is currently in BFM (Boot From Media) version only. You can see a video here.

It's a BFM version so he is first using EvoX M8 (not released to public yet) to boot from his dashboard his own bios loader (like/modified Phoenix bios loader) that will then load his BFM v1.6 Debug Bios.

Gueux'Net/Yoshihiro would like to thank NghtShd for XBtool(info), paulb for XbFlash(info), Hampti from SmartXX & EvoX team for M8.

The part I find interesting is the line:

to boot from his dashboard his own bios loader (like/modified Phoenix bios loader)

As far as I can see, all 1.6 Xboxs run the latest KERNAL and DASH therefore:

Has Yoshihiro worked out how to run PBL on the latest Kernal or what?? blink.gif

#2 ldots

ldots

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 06 July 2004 - 06:11 AM

Saw the news on Guex.net yesterday smile.gif
I could be wrong but I think he is running an Evox M8 bios (that supports the v1.6, not released yet) and from here runs a modified PBL to load his own debug BFM bios.
Running a modified PBL from an Evox M8 bios is not the same as running PBL from the v1.6 retail bios.

Edited by ldots, 06 July 2004 - 06:11 AM.

#3 mkjones

mkjones

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,427 posts

Posted 06 July 2004 - 06:23 AM

QUOTE (ldots @ Jul 6 2004, 08:11 AM)
Saw the news on Guex.net yesterday smile.gif
I could be wrong but I think he is running an Evox M8 bios (that supports the v1.6, not released yet) and from here runs a modified PBL to load his own debug BFM bios.
Running a modified PBL from an Evox M8 bios is not the same as running PBL from the v1.6 retail bios.

So it looks like he is running PBL from a chip not the origional Kernal eh?

For some reason I assumed he would be running it all from a gamesave hack or similer...

The video is a little bit confusing blink.gif looks very interesting tho!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users