9 replies to this topic

#1 ml2

ml2

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 06 July 2004 - 05:29 PM

I've been looking at the NKPatcher for replacing the PBL that came in UDE. I'm concerned with the post about NKPatcher and its ~ 137GB limit on drive F. I have about 155GB total in that drive and need to know whats going to happen if I change over to NKPatcher. Will I lose all my data on F from corruption, will I just lose sight of about 18GB, or what might happen?

#2 krayzie

krayzie

X-S Elysian

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,340 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 06 July 2004 - 05:35 PM

You would definately cut in on the space. I don't think you would loose the data but you simply just cannot reach it. When you switch back to pbl again it should reappear. why do you even want to switch over. There are new cool versions of pbl out (re)made by ldots and tomilius.

#3 Angerwound

Angerwound

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,719 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 06 July 2004 - 05:45 PM

Yes, if you drive is that large, stick with the mini pbl.

#4 ml2

ml2

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 06 July 2004 - 05:50 PM

Is the newest PBL more compatible with backups? I'm currently having issues with a couple of backups that from what I've been able to find, do work with NKPatcher. Also, last time I messed around with changing off of the PBL that came in UDE, I ended up destroying my hack.... had to pull the drive and repair with Xboxhdm. rolleyes.gif

So if you guys do suggest I stay with PBL, which version and how does it need to be signed for UDE?

#5 krayzie

krayzie

X-S Elysian

• Head Moderators
  • 9,340 posts

Posted 06 July 2004 - 06:10 PM

I now use the beta6 version by tomilius which is pretty cool. It is pre signed so you wouldn't need to sign it. If you want to switch between the nkpatcher and pbl for the reasons that pbl sometimes (very few) has problems with some games you could create a switch in the action scripting feature of the dashboard. Or you could use the dual-habibi.xbe to make the traystate decide which exploit is triggered.

#6 ml2

ml2

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 06 July 2004 - 06:27 PM

Ok, OK... that just flew right over my head blink.gif

I'm curious, where did you get that version of PBL? The usual place only seems to only have 1.3, 1.31, 1.41, and some other audio and font signed versions of the same. I know numbers might be off a little there, but basically... it doesn't have what you're mentioning.

As far as switching loaders, I can probably just do it manually until I do understand what you just said. biggrin.gif

#7 krayzie

krayzie

X-S Elysian

• Head Moderators
  • 9,340 posts

Posted 06 July 2004 - 08:11 PM

lol. I thought allready it might be too much in one time. You can find tomilius pbl in the "pbl should be fixed" topic. It's somewhere around. ldots pbl is in the pinned section under pbl lite or something.

#8 rmenhal

rmenhal

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 06 July 2004 - 08:22 PM

QUOTE (krayzie @ Jul 6 2004, 07:35 PM)
You would definately cut in on the space. I don't think you would loose the data but you simply just cannot reach it.

Actually, data corruption may be possible since the size of the File Allocation Table depends on the partition size. Things would be out of place. Nkpatcher shouldn't be used if F drive has been previously formatted larger than 137 GB. Similarly, you shouldn't use an X2 .06 version if you have previously formatted your F drive 137 GB, but the disk is actually larger. Kernel's idea of the partition size and the actual formatted size must match.

#9 krayzie

krayzie

X-S Elysian

• Head Moderators
  • 9,340 posts

Posted 06 July 2004 - 08:27 PM

Gz okay thanx Rmenhal for making my info totally useless. biggrin.gif

#10 ml2

ml2

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 07 July 2004 - 06:02 AM

Knowing that data corruption is possible (Thank you rmenhal), I have another question. If I were to backup everything on drive F so that it could be wiped, is there anything I can do to make Drive F 137GB and move the rest to Drive G? What if I used XBTool to change the the LBA48 support so partition 7 takes up the rest of the space. Would that rewrite the partition table and let me format drives F and G?

Again, thanks for the info... biggrin.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users