X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 322 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 07 July 2004 - 06:54 AM

Frosted Bios Loader 1.0 RC2 (NEW!!!)

Download it here.
Simply click on FBL-1.0-RC2.rar in the DOS-like list. Please give your feedback smile.gif

Major New Features:
  • Skins
  • Splash Images
  • "Screenshot" support (output to JPEG or Bitmap)
  • Support for EvoX M8's 2bl (will work with the bios from rmenhal's metoo m8 package)
  • "Command-line" support
JPEGs and PNGs are supported for skins or splash images. PNG alpha channels are accepted. Paletted images may not work well - too bad. Who uses palettes anyway?

See the default skin, team_, for information on how skinning works. Also, download the skins package available at the listing.

If you're interested in this new version, please reply and I'll describe parameters and junk. Most of them should be described in the boot.cfg - not all, though.

You can find Raebis' latest skins here.

Known bugs:
FBL will not be able to load a random skin if you don't specify the bios to load and the bios's name is different than xboxrom.bin

Skin by Raebis (fbl-glow)
user posted image

Edited by Tomilius, 20 August 2004 - 11:51 PM.

#2 ldots

ldots

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 07 July 2004 - 07:47 AM

So the secret is out biggrin.gif
Congratz Tomilius. I will take FBL for a spin when I get the time.

#3 PedrosPad

PedrosPad

X-S Freak

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,859 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 07 July 2004 - 07:54 AM

Congrats Tomilius beerchug.gif

You might want to write a few lines to help people choose between NKPatcher, PBL, PBL-Lite, & FBL. smile.gif

#4 adil786

adil786

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,088 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 07 July 2004 - 08:05 AM

QUOTE (PedrosPad @ Jul 7 2004, 09:54 AM)
Congrats Tomilius beerchug.gif

You might want to write a few lines to help people choose between NKPatcher, PBL, PBL-Lite, & FBL. smile.gif

that would be good,

does pbl lite have faster booting that fbl?

regards

#5 ldots

ldots

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 07 July 2004 - 09:36 AM

Using the MethodL option of FBL it should pretty much run as PBL-Lite.

While we await the answer and more details from Tomilius, I would say FBL is an all-in-one package. The PBL part can be configured to be anything in between PBL 1.4.1 and PBL-Lite (except for the USB/bios selection menu of 1.4.1), though adding stuff like xbe-file launching and auto-detection of romfile etc.

Tomilius, will FBL automatically run nkpatcher if kernel is above 5101?
I guess when used from a dashboard exploit the 5713 users will not benefit from this, but FBL could be run from a game save exploit like nkpatcher.

#6 Australian Rat

Australian Rat

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 308 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 07 July 2004 - 10:19 AM

Great work. This is near the end of the milestone I think, nearly created the absolutely perfect dash exploit (or XBE Exploit as the new forum names seems biggrin.gif). Modchips will always have the advantage over exploits, but cheapmods and TSOP flashes aren't quite as far ahead in advantages as they used to be. Just need a way to boot the exploits for the latest kernals. Perhaps more research into Xmtaxbox.xbe will provide results smile.gif

Has anyone actually run this file yet? Anyone crazy enough to risk it wink.gif

Edited by Australian Rat, 07 July 2004 - 10:21 AM.

#7 jsrlepage

jsrlepage

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 201 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 07 July 2004 - 11:07 AM

yeah why not

i'll try that tomorrow.

hell, my box is functionning as good as a modchipped one, i don't need a tsop flash! :-)

#8 Tomilius

Tomilius

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 07 July 2004 - 02:37 PM

QUOTE (PedrosPad @ Jul 7 2004, 09:54 AM)
Congrats Tomilius  beerchug.gif

Thanks biggrin.gif Err... you mean sort of a switch that messes with all of the other switches? laugh.gif

Nkpatcher is loaded before any XBE is loaded unless the Nkpatcher parameter is explicitly false, and if you kernel is 5530 and above, the fallback procedure will begin before the BIOS-loading begins, which will attempt to load an XBE, and in doing so will load Nkpatcher. So, on any fatal error (other than kernel crash), Nkpatcher, unless otherwise specified, will be loaded before the XBE (unless no XBE can be found, in which case it will just reboot.)

Edited by Tomilius, 07 July 2004 - 03:50 PM.

#9 Tomilius

Tomilius

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 07 July 2004 - 02:53 PM

QUOTE (ldots @ Jul 7 2004, 11:36 AM)
Using the MethodL option of FBL it should pretty much run as PBL-Lite.

While we await the answer and more details from Tomilius, I would say FBL is an all-in-one package. The PBL part can be configured to be anything in between PBL 1.4.1 and PBL-Lite (except for the USB/bios selection menu of 1.4.1), though adding stuff like xbe-file launching and auto-detection of romfile etc.

Tomilius, will FBL automatically run nkpatcher if kernel is above 5101?
I guess when used from a dashboard exploit the 5713 users will not benefit from this, but FBL could be run from a game save exploit like nkpatcher.

Informating about speed has been added to the first post... I'm not very accurate at timing to the millisecond.

No JPEG support ... I think this was implemented into the BIOS selection screen? Anyway, I don't remember ever seeing a JPEG in PBL 1.4.1 the way I used it.

Right before checking of the Romfile and loading the BIOS:
CODE
if ((ver >= 5530 ) || (entry->HighKrnlSim))
{
 FindFallback(false);
}

If the kernel is 5530 or above, it will attempt to "silently" (hence the "false") find a fallback XBE. And since nkpatcher is loaded before any XBE is launched (if the BIOS is loaded nkpatcher doesn't load) ... Well, there you go.

Edited by Tomilius, 07 July 2004 - 03:08 PM.

#10 Tomilius

Tomilius

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 07 July 2004 - 03:24 PM

QUOTE (Australian Rat @ Jul 7 2004, 12:19 PM)
Great work. This is near the end of the milestone I think, nearly created the absolutely perfect dash exploit (or XBE Exploit as the new forum names seems biggrin.gif). Modchips will always have the advantage over exploits, but cheapmods and TSOP flashes aren't quite as far ahead in advantages as they used to be. Just need a way to boot the exploits for the latest kernals. Perhaps more research into Xmtaxbox.xbe will provide results smile.gif

Has anyone actually run this file yet? Anyone crazy enough to risk it wink.gif

Other than me, I'm not sure. It's not much to risk if you launch it from a dashboard or use it in collaboration with Dual-Habibi.. of course, if you do that, you won't get the tray state checking features until you feel it's safe to use it alone.

#11 afon

afon

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 07 July 2004 - 03:45 PM

Is it just me, or does frosted bios loader sound yummy?

Edited by afon, 07 July 2004 - 04:17 PM.

#12 Tomilius

Tomilius

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 07 July 2004 - 03:48 PM

QUOTE (afon @ Jul 7 2004, 05:45 PM)
Is it just me, or does frosted bios loader sounds yummy?

Hopefully there's enough to fill everyone up! Nobody seems to be in the mood for cake, though.

#13 Grospolina

Grospolina

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 642 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 07 July 2004 - 04:43 PM

QUOTE (Tomilius @ Jul 7 2004, 10:37 AM)
Thanks biggrin.gif Err... you mean sort of a switch that messes with all of the other switches? laugh.gif

No no no. Pedro means to write a few lines in your description about the difference between all the BIOS patchers/loaders, so that they know which one to pick. Not lines of code. tongue.gif

QUOTE (afon @ Jul 7 2004, 05:45 PM)

Is it just me, or does frosted bios loader sounds yummy?

Frosted BIOS Loader: It's Gr-r-reat! -- Tony The Tiger wink.gif

#14 Angerwound

Angerwound

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,719 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 07 July 2004 - 04:57 PM

Went ahead and pinned this up next to PBL-LITE, they are both great accomplishments.
Well Done Tomilius... beerchug.gif

#15 Tomilius

Tomilius

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 07 July 2004 - 05:39 PM

Thanks smile.gif I have version 0.8.0.1 ready to release but I'd rather wait for more... or should I say any... feedback. biggrin.gif I'm happy for the response, but I'm not positive anyone has even tried it.

It fixes some simple issues and adds a few new features.

EDIT: smiley didn't show up, hehe

EDIT: And yet I've decided to put it up anyway...

Edited by Tomilius, 07 July 2004 - 06:47 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users