3 replies to this topic

#1 rcipra

rcipra

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 07 July 2004 - 09:57 PM

ok my thompson died finally so i got a modded samsung which works great. i went to backup a game today (return of the king) and (Harry potter) the problem is that the drive is not reading the backuped disc. I am using dvd+r media.. I thought that may be the issue and it may but when i try to run other games that are on dvd+r media they read as game fine and play fine... I am using flashfxp to copy to the hd and then craxion to make the iso and then i burn the iso using nero or clonedvd2... any input?

huh.gif huh.gif huh.gif

#2 rcipra

rcipra

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 07 July 2004 - 10:44 PM

now i am weirded out just hooked up tyhe old thompson and it is reading the backups fine but the samsung will not? what gives?

#3 A@ron

A@ron

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,380 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 07 July 2004 - 11:22 PM

the samsung 605b firmware cannot deal with dvd+rs you must use dvd-rs or change the booktype to dvd-rom when burning a dvd+r and want it to work on a samsung drive of any sort, running the 605b firmware.

A@ron

#4 rcipra

rcipra

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 07 July 2004 - 11:50 PM

how do i change it to -rom to get it to work found out it is the media will not work with memorex. figures on sale... works with imation like a charme just a ton of memorex to deal with now

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users