• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Superdoop

Superdoop

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 09 July 2004 - 02:31 PM

I was running Evox on my machine for the last three months and after months of my friends whining about how Avalaunch was so much better I decided it was time to change.

I installed Avalaunch onto the F: drive and ran it as a program from Evox, but the thing hung when I tried to run it (I found a post elsewhere stating that this could be due to the two programs both trying to control the network settings) so I reflashed my bios with Avalaunch as the primary dashboard, the thing still hung.

I noticed this time that there was an error in the "Requesting DHCP" section at the bottom of the screen.

I had a evox disk laying around so I threw that in and reflashed my bios back and installed xselector as the primary off of the Bios and Evox as the secondary. Now it boots into xselector and I can choose Avalaunch, but the thing still hangs and gives at the requesting DHCP prompt.

I was using a static IP on my evox dash, but I can't seem to get the Avalaunch dash to accept a static IP, since it always looks for DHCP.

Any suggestions?

#2 Totalled

Totalled

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 23 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 10 July 2004 - 01:42 PM

I had a similar problem when i updated to 49.03. I fixed the problem by deleting all the files for avalaunch and redownloading making sure i had the latest version.

I think i had a mix of versions running so maybe it may be worth a try of putting it all back on from fresh.

I would also edit the avalaunch.xml file before moving it over to the xbox. That way you can tell it to use static and put the address in before.

Hope it helps.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users