• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPip
  • 472 posts
  • Interests:PROGRAMMING,XBOX...
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 11 July 2004 - 09:54 AM

QUOTE (XaRaNn @ Jul 11 2004, 09:36 AM)
if you guys are talking about Counterstrike : Source, thats cs 1 running on the source (hl2) engine. wich means its not hl1 code

and about a hl1 port, well it pretty much seems impossible, but you have to remember hl1 still uses quake 1 engine, wich has been ported to xbox no?

if you guys are talking about Counterstrike : Source, thats cs 1 running on the source (hl2) engine. wich means its not hl1 code

and what is CS1 ?? it's simply a modified version of HL1.So yes,it's indeed HL1 code! Your message should be like this :
if you guys are talking about Counterstrike : Source, thats CS1(modified HL1) running on the source (HL2) engine,which means it's (modified) HL1 code ported to the HL2 engine...

and about a hl1 port, well it pretty much seems impossible, but you have to remember hl1 still uses quake 1 engine, wich has been ported to xbox no?

nope.I remember HL1 using the Quake2 Engine.I know that Quake2 has already been ported to XBOX.But a HL1 port would (in my oppinion) be a different thing (considering the fact, that there are no official sources available at all).

#17 VampX

VampX

X-S Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,149 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:none

Posted 11 July 2004 - 07:16 PM

QUOTE (XaRaNn @ Jul 11 2004, 11:36 AM)

Actually we were talking about the stolen HL2 source code which also included the entire source code for HL1.

#18 deathx88

deathx88

X-S Hacker

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,338 posts
  • Interests:xbox stuff, guitar stuff, pc stuff, and hacking stuff
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 11 July 2004 - 07:59 PM

OMG
vamps in another forum!
i gotta go tell the guys back at the pub

#19 VampX

VampX

X-S Legend

• 5,149 posts

Posted 11 July 2004 - 08:28 PM

QUOTE (deathx88 @ Jul 11 2004, 11:59 PM)
OMG
vamps in another forum!
i gotta go tell the guys back at the pub

I have always been very interested in ports of what i consider good games,
Half-Life, Doom, Aliens, etc.

i just never had much to say in here tongue.gif

#20 deathx88

deathx88

X-S Hacker

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,338 posts

Posted 11 July 2004 - 09:19 PM

half-life
good game but as soon as ones ported then everyone will want the other 15 half lifes made
its like a fork and cake, half life is the fork but soon your going to want that damn cake. (very bad analogy)

doom
damn lantus for the torture
best old school fps game ever

aliens
if your talking about aliens vs. predator then i would like to see this game but i don't think anyone will do this *hint* make the words in your sig BIGGER tongue.gif

games that need to be ported
blake stone
planet strike
wolfenstein
descent
soldier of fortune

damn i wish i could port sad.gif

#21 VampX

VampX

X-S Legend

• 5,149 posts

Posted 11 July 2004 - 10:35 PM

I wouldnt mind a port of the DoomsDay Engine wink.gif

user posted image

#22 jackster

jackster

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 285 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 12 July 2004 - 08:10 AM

HL1 is a bonus add-on in HL2?

#23 ideas_man69

ideas_man69

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 156 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 12 July 2004 - 11:57 AM

I wouldnt mind a port of the DoomsDay Engine

that'd be fuckin sweet. i just got it the other day and put in hexen, heretic and doom and its great. that would be a great port.

#24 deathx88

deathx88

X-S Hacker

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,338 posts

Posted 12 July 2004 - 03:19 PM

QUOTE (VampX @ Jul 12 2004, 12:35 AM)
I wouldnt mind a port of the DoomsDay Engine wink.gif

user posted image

whats that blink.gif
never seen that before

looks awesome though biggrin.gif

#25 total_ass

total_ass

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,000 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 12 July 2004 - 03:46 PM

HL1 uses a heavily modified mixture of Quake 1 and 2 for its engine. CS does indeed use the EXACT same engine as Half-Life as it is simply a multiplayer mod with different maps and models replacing the Half-Life ones.
Counterstrike: Source is indeed just CS running on the HL2 engine. The source code of CS has not been ported, just the character models and maps, so it cannot be used to port HL1, as it is a completely different engine altogether. Same goes for HL1 running on HL2, they are both completely different engines. ('Source' is the name of the HL2 engine, it has nothing to do with source code).
Simply put, if we want HL1 on the xbox, we need the source code for either HL1 or CS1, not HL2 or CS:S.

#26 RcbUK

RcbUK

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 17 August 2004 - 03:17 PM

Thinking about it, there was Half Life on the dreamcast which was never released officially, how did this work?

#27 total_ass

total_ass

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,000 posts

Posted 17 August 2004 - 04:26 PM

The half-life dreamcast story was very strange. they actually had the game finished, a proper full working version that was virtually ready for release, but strangely they canned it at last minute and no one knows why. i think it was leaked though so in a way it did make it onto dreamcast laugh.gif

#28 PENiX

PENiX

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 252 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 17 August 2004 - 07:03 PM

Yep. I was just playing HalfLife on my dreamcast the other day. I was practicing bunny hopping.... Bunny hopping is fun.

The loading times really kill it though, seriously it loads ALL the time, and takes forever. Im wondering if its cuz its not on GD-rom (cd-r for me)

#29 total_ass

total_ass

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,000 posts

Posted 17 August 2004 - 07:57 PM

i have half life for the pc, it is supposed to load maps frequently when in-game. though if you have a fast computer its so fast you barely notice it, must take quite long on the dreamcast. good game though, i hope we see an xbox port someday, it's easily one of my most favourite games of all time (next to mario brothers 3, zelda ocarina of time, jedi outcast) lol.

#30 Ed_209

Ed_209

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 252 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 17 August 2004 - 11:51 PM

Interesting fact about Half Life on dreamcast is it works with the keyboard and mouse! Another cool thing is virtually ALL of the console commands from the pc version of half life work on the dreamcast version. They never made a deathmatch mode from the leaked version that I tried, but if you are in the single player game and bring up the console and type "map boot_camp" or whatever it is to change maps a lot of the pc versions deathmatch maps are hidden on the dreamcast version! Too bad I never had a network/broadband adapter to see if there was a way to make two dreamcasts link up to deathmatch somehow.

Anyways back on topic, the only way you can port Half Life on the xbox is with stolen source code... and no one out there is going to do it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users