#1 RobomewRob

RobomewRob

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 100 posts

Posted 12 July 2004 - 04:24 PM

Hello All,
Just wondering if anybody has ever tried to heat up glass or bend it to make curves cause i need tips on how i should do it biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

#2 theprasc

theprasc

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 70 posts

Posted 12 July 2004 - 04:38 PM

Plexi: very slowly with a heatgun. It helps if you mold it over a shape you've previously welded together out of metal.

REAL glas: YOU need to mold it over a metal shape. So get your welder out and start working on the metal. Then get a torch. Oh and before I forget it..get good gloves!! and then use good tools to touch the glass. then heat up the glass. Unlike the plexi, dont heat up the entire piece o glass but only small parts and press the glass onto the metal shape.

one more thing: dont try it with real glass unless you've seen someone do it before.

-prasc

#3 RobomewRob

RobomewRob

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 100 posts

Posted 12 July 2004 - 04:42 PM

Ok i get hwo to do it now nut does the heat gun burn the plexi or what? And a "heatgun" where can i ge tone of those? Are the yexpensive? i'm a newb but I think i can do it. biggrin.gif biggrin.gif beerchug.gif

#4 theprasc

theprasc

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 70 posts

Posted 12 July 2004 - 05:16 PM

the heatgun can burn the plexi!!! thats why i said heat it up slowly, so hold the heatgun in a save distance from the plexi and move the heatgun back and forth, heating up the entire piece of plexi.

you can get a heatgun in every hardware store...prices vary greatly, depending on the features of the guns. some have exact temperature control. a cheap one will do though.

-prasc

#5 blinx

blinx

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 403 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 12 July 2004 - 05:47 PM

The fumes can be hazardus if the plexi burns but other wise maybe a oven might work tongue.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users