2 replies to this topic

#1 the_Watchers_eye

the_Watchers_eye

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 12 July 2004 - 06:09 PM

Yes I know I should upgrade.... blah blah.....

anyway, i have finally sorted out the chip.... however for the past couple of days when I use the xbox for about 10 minutes, the screen goes blank and the eject switch flashes orange constantly...... nothing else happens.....

can someone give me some idea what that means please, i think it is something to do with the motherboard needing re-soldering in parts from getting scratched by the pins? Is there a list that explains what the lights mean? Thanks....

#2 JesseWHHS

JesseWHHS

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 427 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.5
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 12 July 2004 - 10:28 PM

hey, i have an xbox sitting here w/ no case and it did same thing, most likely means its overheating. need to add a fan or make it run faster man. dont wanna have ur xbox over heating like that all the time...................

#3 the_Watchers_eye

the_Watchers_eye

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 13 July 2004 - 06:44 PM

ok i have removed the modchip and am using the stock HD which has been untouched from new.....

After 20 minutes of playing a dvd the screen went blank and the eject switch flashed orange.....

now i know its not over heating, as all the fans are working and the 2 fans that i installed over a year ago to the front [where the HD sits] is still working....

I am going to have a closer look at the motherboard..... hope someone else can give me some more info, thanks.

edit: http://www.xbox-scen...ticles/leds.php

After checking that out I am quite sure its something to do with the motherboard track..... think it might have been scratched by the modchip pins...... gonna have to do a DIY job this weekend....

Edited by the_Watchers_eye, 13 July 2004 - 07:09 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users