10 replies to this topic

#1 ukaisnakessj

ukaisnakessj

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 14 July 2004 - 12:36 AM

Hello fellas,(she-fellas if it applies wink.gif )
Glad to finally become part of Xbox-Scene.
I have yet to do any type of mod to my xbox yet...cuz its broken(my brother,long story). But i've been planning a long time. I have this old laptop with a 10' screen. I thought it would be cool to cut off the back part of the top xbox case and put the lcd screen face down, flesh with the rest of the case. Then paint it the same color, wire it somehow to the video card or something, use the hinges to make it flip-up.Would be awesome. I have no idea if it will work, has it been done? I dont know if you CAN hook it to the video card. If there is a known way, can someone help? I know ive seen someone put an xbox into a pc case with an lcd on the front showing the xbox video. Anyone can help it would be very much appreciated. Thnx,
KAISNAKE.

#2 cueball13

cueball13

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,010 posts

Posted 14 July 2004 - 12:40 AM

Do a search. Your awesome idea has been proposed a dozen times a month or more and been shot down just as many. If you want to know why it won't work, look at one of the many other threads about it.

#3 Jack_Skellington

Jack_Skellington

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 14 July 2004 - 01:59 AM

I'm not sure about a Laptop screen but i know if you can get your hands on a 15" or smaller flat pannel lcd for cheap you can buy a X2vga+ adapter for the video and somehow fix a hinge to hold the monitor to the case (be creative) or if you can't get a X2vga+ u can do the Vga output mod whichever you prefer but if you do it that way you will have to have a modded bios as well. I have done this and it works wonders on trips when i don't want to bring a t.v. along

#4 Casper1786

Casper1786

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 915 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 14 July 2004 - 02:21 AM

Or You could buy a 7" LCD screen that just attachs 2 the Rear an use that, point is that this has been done already, if you want more then 7" for a screen well do a Mod, if 7" plus Speakers is more then enough, then don't bother modding, especially if u have no idea how 2 hook 1 in or r 2 lazy 2 research, also it doesn't hook into the "video card" direct, you'd rig somthing off the Video Output(can do that Internal if ya want, then plug that into a VGA adaptor, then wire the monitor into that, but u cannot use a Laptop screen cuz the Boards for most screens are combined with the Laptop Mobos, so you can't seperate, you can use a Flat LCD Desktop Monitor tho, cuz the Boards and screen are ofcoarse all speperated from the Mobo, and work from that

#5 smoghog

smoghog

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 74 posts
  • Interests:Halo
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 14 July 2004 - 07:56 AM

I thought a while back of doing the laptop screen mod on my xbox, but after looking into it and asking around on here, I ultimately determined that it would be much cheaper to just get an LCD screen. There's no easy or cost-effective way to put a laptop screen on an xbox

it would be badass if you found a way though

#6 ukaisnakessj

ukaisnakessj

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 14 July 2004 - 12:10 PM

I was looking around at lcd TV's. That would be a little easier to work with than a monitor, eh? I know of these little gadgets that you hook two video game a/v cords to then switch between them. I have one of them and was thinking bout taking it apart, putting it in the xbox and wiring the original a/v and the lcd tv so i could switch between them blink.gif . Think it'll work??? uhh.gif AND THEN!!!! I had this crazy idea of taking one of those 7" screens made for the xbox, and putting a larger lcd screen( my main goal 10"-13") in it....Would be cheaper if it worked. That might be my main squeeze when i get ready to do it. Cuz worse that could happen is that i have a 7" lcd screen, better than nothing right?

Edited by ukaisnakessj, 14 July 2004 - 12:17 PM.

#7 Crucifiedego

Crucifiedego

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 14 July 2004 - 01:07 PM

Just put a tv in your car and hook it to that. Much, much easier.

#8 smoghog

smoghog

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 74 posts
  • Interests:Halo

Posted 14 July 2004 - 01:12 PM

ukaisnakessj, you could keep the power button on the LCD tv with it, so that you can turn it on and off as you please, but splice it into the xbox power supply. and while you're splicing, simply splice the connection in along with the A/V in the xbox, so that both are active at the same time. If a tv is hooked up seperately, you can just hit the powerbutton on the lcd tv to turn the screen off, or have both going at the same time.

#9 sacd3

sacd3

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 14 July 2004 - 02:00 PM

i have an idea, you could crazy clue your whole lap top to the top of the xbox then use duct tape and tape the VGA adapter to it some weres and bam there you go. one huge ass peice of equipment, that looks really ghetto 2!

#10 Exige_

Exige_

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 717 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 14 July 2004 - 02:15 PM

I've seen it be done, but the guy made a whole new case for it.

#11 ukaisnakessj

ukaisnakessj

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 14 July 2004 - 05:25 PM

I figured if i had the lcd screen hooked to the a/v inside the box, when i hooked it to the tv from outside it wouldnt work. So it will send a signal to both you think, without seperating it?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users