• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 rogueakula

rogueakula

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 July 2004 - 03:24 AM

Alright I admit it it I am a nOOb when it comes to creating a skin. I have been working with dashboards for a while and I have become rather proficient at it. I think now its time I give making skins a try, but I have no (read: absolutly no) idea how to go about doing it. Can someone please point me in the right direction? I have all of the programs that people have created their skins with but thats about as far as I have gotten. Thanks in advanced.

#2 tandylyons

tandylyons

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 254 posts
  • Interests:XBOX
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 15 July 2004 - 03:32 AM

You will need something hand like photoshop CS. Get to know it well. and Learn to be crafty with it. Also helps to have 3D Studio Max 6.0 I use it for some little 3d things I do in my skins.

#3 rogueakula

rogueakula

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 July 2004 - 05:40 AM

Thank you for the quick reply....I already have the photoshop CS and I think I can use it fairly well, but after that how do I put it all together? I am at a loss on how I can add all the elements, menus, rss feeds, etc... I have some really good idea that I want to share with people.

#4 tandylyons

tandylyons

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 15 July 2004 - 06:41 AM

You use UX architect.

#5 rogueakula

rogueakula

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 July 2004 - 07:56 AM

Right on!!!! I cant wait. I hope you dont mind if I have any questions in the future. Thanks again! beerchug.gif Cheers to you!

#6 tandylyons

tandylyons

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 15 July 2004 - 12:41 PM

Sure. Feel free to PM me or MSN or whatever. Im new to UX skinning. I did a few EvoX and MXM skins. Recently I have been doing Themes for my T610 which you can see at my website. Im working on a skin for UX right now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users