#1 triso07

triso07

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 81 posts

Posted 15 July 2004 - 04:48 PM

Hey Guys,

Im on step 2 following the readme file for MAMEoX. I'm attempting to open the MAMEoX.sln solution and i keep getting the same error from VS.NET :

Project 'C:\whatever the file path' failed to open.

I dont get why its not opening it. Its a solution file. Anyone have any advice ?

#2 pelago

pelago

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 641 posts

Posted 15 July 2004 - 04:50 PM

So you're trying to compile it? Do you have the Xbox SDK?

You might want to ask on the MAMEoX development forums at http://mameox.sourceforge.net/forums/ as this forum is more for end-user discussion.

#3 triso07

triso07

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 81 posts

Posted 15 July 2004 - 04:56 PM

Im just a littel confused with MAMEoX. Im not 100% clear if i need to follow the readme file and open the MAMEoX.sln file in VisualStudio.NET and follow what they are saying or not. Every other emu, you pretty much just make an xiso and transfer however you like.

PS -- I cant even compile it, VS.NET wont even open it. It says "cannot find project"

#4 VampX

VampX

X-S Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,149 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:none

Posted 15 July 2004 - 05:05 PM

QUOTE (triso07 @ Jul 15 2004, 08:56 PM)
Im just a littel confused with MAMEoX. Im not 100% clear if i need to follow the readme file and open the MAMEoX.sln file in VisualStudio.NET and follow what they are saying or not. Every other emu, you pretty much just make an xiso and transfer however you like.

PS -- I cant even compile it, VS.NET wont even open it. It says "cannot find project"

Why dont you just download the compiled version from xbins?

#5 triso07

triso07

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 81 posts

Posted 15 July 2004 - 05:10 PM

I think im such a clown that i downloaded both rolleyes.gif . I got MAMEoX_binary, and MAMEoX_sources. Binary is the one im looking for right ?

#6 VampX

VampX

X-S Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,149 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:none

Posted 15 July 2004 - 05:27 PM

QUOTE (triso07 @ Jul 15 2004, 09:10 PM)
I think im such a clown that i downloaded both rolleyes.gif . I got MAMEoX_binary, and MAMEoX_sources. Binary is the one im looking for right ?

yes

#7 triso07

triso07

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 81 posts

Posted 15 July 2004 - 05:34 PM

Thanks, its funny how i think im right about something but dont listen to myself everytime. I originally got the right zip, then i got the readme file as well, so when i started reading the readme im like shit there must be another zip that has the source. So i get that, and im saying this doesnt make sense, the binary should be the compiled source. Ah well, its good for a laugh at myself, and another stupid thread for the forum. I think im up to like 3 now laugh.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users