#1 arhemed

arhemed

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts
  • Interests:bored

Posted 14 January 2003 - 04:49 AM

been reading and posting for a while now, just got matrix in the mail today. sorry for the lenght

problem 1. when trying to flash the chip, takes almost 6-8 minutes but finishes fine no errors(most tutorials say 2-3mins max)
problem 2. after installing chip and allighning, green light flashes on chip(means ok right?), ms dash boots up no matter what position the switches are
problem 3. after burning 5 diffrent copies of evox on cd-rw at 2x, cd doesnt wanna boot, ms dash says disc dirty and replace the disc

i also have external switches solidered in, i followed the little pic explaining the soldeiring. i have tried with both the switches on the actual chip on and off and still no luck.

i really dont know where to start fixing the problem. is the a bad flash? or is my xbox just having problems reading cd-rws? i dont have and copied dvds to try.
any help or links would be appriciated. thanks in advance.

ps. i use the bios from soki's site(vers. 2.3) and the same with evox dash (vers 1.8.458) his website is the only one i could find to download the bios and the dash. if there are any other places, please advice.

#2 arhemed

arhemed

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 14 January 2003 - 06:00 AM

update on problems, i have reflashed the chip with evox bios D.6 +ejectfix and burned another cdrw with 1.8.3285 evoxdash with no luck. i get the same error message dirty disc crap, replace disc.
matrix chip is allighned with green light flashing, internal swtiches are set to off and external are in mode 2 (on)
thanks for everyones responce

#3 arhemed

arhemed

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 14 January 2003 - 06:52 AM

well i want to thank everyone for replaying and helping me out, I have figured it out on my own. the problem was with the external switches i made, they DO NOT WORK. once i switched on the internal ones, everything is fine. well at least i learned something, right?

#4 crackz0r

crackz0r

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 14 January 2003 - 07:00 AM

right! good for you man!! see?? outside help is overrated..

#5 arhemed

arhemed

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 14 January 2003 - 07:36 AM

QUOTE (crackz0r @ Jan 14 2003, 07:00 AM)
right! good for you man!! see?? outside help is overrated..

haha, aight

now i need some help figuring out what i did wrong with the switches.

#6 majik655

majik655

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,525 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 14 January 2003 - 08:32 AM

SCREW SWITCHES ON THE MATRIX!!

use mode 3 .. damn it is waay easier to start a game and press eject..

but hey most people do not realize..

in mode 3 on the matrix you can install the controller reset switch and EVERYTIME you touch it ..it switches bios'.. it is a easy switch to install and really easy to switch between bios' with a push of the button.

user posted image
sorry about image quality. but you get the picture.

Edited by majik655, 14 January 2003 - 08:34 AM.

#7 senator

senator

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,574 posts

Posted 14 January 2003 - 09:28 AM

Posted on Jan 14 2003, 08:32 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SCREW SWITCHES ON THE MATRIX!!

use mode 3 .. damn it is waay easier to start a game and press eject..

but hey most people do not realize..

in mode 3 on the matrix you can install the controller reset switch and EVERYTIME you touch it ..it switches bios'.. it is a easy switch to install and really easy to switch between bios' with a push of the button.

That's all well and good but how you plan on flashing bioses to the chip with out opening the xbox all the time..when you can't get it in to mode 4...

Use the search function arhemed and there are plenty of pictures showing how to do external switches... I got it and it makes life much easier flashing bioses and mode changing etc....
To have the switches external. The matrix ones must be in mode 1... ITS EASY....

#8 majik655

majik655

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,525 posts

Posted 14 January 2003 - 10:00 AM

yep you always have to update the bios.
enough to solder points to the motherboard and almost screw it up?
I am talking about people that are only doing it because they see tutorials about it and don't really try it first..to get a understanding.
really you don't change the bios that much.. for what? IGR no need with evox but yes some MUST have the bios IGR wooop deee doo
thats half peoples problems.
do what works and stay with it until absolutely necessary to change,

but I am sorry. I understand doing it just because. it is a hobby to some smile.gif
just understand you take the risk ..when you do too much.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users