#1 Mp3Markel

Mp3Markel

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 14 January 2003 - 04:58 AM

[FONT=Arial][COLOR=gray][B]
Yes, I'm new to the X-Box scene and need some questions answered, if you all would be kind enough to help me, biggrin.gif Anywayz, I've looked through the tutorials and just got flooded with all this stuff. First of all, this is all i want out of my modded X-Box, Play my backed up games that I own, play DIVX movies and still be able to connect to X-Box Live. I recently purchased the X-ecuter 2 Lite chip and will recieve it within 3 days. Now let's make believe it's all installed, What do i do next? What's this EvoX all about? I think it's something called a dashboard which is the main menu of the X-Box. Correct? Why do I need EvoX? What's the current version of it also? Now what do I need to do to connect with X-Box live without gettin banned? I need to disable my mod chip right? How would I do this with a X-ecuter 2 Lite? If I do get banned is it possible to ever get back on? Thanks for any help! And if I haven't mentioned something I need to know please inform me! Thanks alot!

#2 vyan28

vyan28

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 14 January 2003 - 05:12 AM

i cant help you with xbox live because i rather play for free with xbconnect than pay. But i can helo you with your evo x questions.

evox is a dashboard replacing your MS dashboard. if you have the auto slayers evox auton installer 1.0 or 2.0, it will give you a dvd media player, wich enables you to play dvd movies without the dvd movie kit. It also lets you scroll through your harddrive by using the program called boxplorer. Another option is play games off your hdd. These are some of the features for evolution x.

#3 Mp3Markel

Mp3Markel

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 14 January 2003 - 05:16 AM

XBconnect? Is this some type of server for X-Box Live or something? How do I get on it? Also, what version of EvoX should I get? Is there anything else I need besides EvoX and my mod chip to play backed up games? Thanks

#4 itmbo

itmbo

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 14 January 2003 - 11:00 AM

there are alot of different versions of evolutionX dashboard so let me first tell you that version 1.8.2594 is newer than 1.8.458. it seems backwards to me but thats the way they do it. with that said i think 1.8.2594 is the newest but i am not sure. i've used both of these versions and i think the newer one(1.8.2594) is the best. just my opinion

and that is all u need to play backups just evoX and a modchip

good luck

#5 whiffin

whiffin

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,133 posts

Posted 14 January 2003 - 11:25 AM

Yes, I'm new to the X-Box scene and need some questions answered, if you all would be kind enough to help me,

Welcome

First of all, this is all i want out of my modded X-Box, Play my backed up games that I own, play DIVX movies and still be able to connect to X-Box Live.

OKay - all possible. When you install your chip you must have a switch. You CAN'T play XBLive when the chip is on, meaning you need originals to play XBLive. But I assume you know that.

XBConnect is similar to XBLive, it runs thru a PC and allows you to use backups instead of originals. It also allows you to play over the Internet on games that don't support XBLive such as Halo and Serious Sam. It treats it like a system link up.

I recently purchased the X-ecuter 2 Lite chip and will recieve it within 3 days. Now let's make believe it's all installed, What do i do next?

First you wanna check it's working. When you turn teh chip on it should say XEcuter2 instead of MS below the 'X'. Also - you
could try a game backup (if you have one)

If it's all hunky-dory, you want EvoX.

This is a dashboard that replaces the M$ one. It looks different and allows you to FTP to your XBox - run games from the HDD etc. etc.

The current version is definately: 1.8.3285

The old ones are 1.8.4XX - then it went back to 1.8.2XX - now it's goping up aain. There are three kinds, the normal one (says "Matrix inside"), the mod that just displays "MS" and custom ones (like mine) which say something different. They all do the same though.

There are loads of tutorials on how to install EvoX - and you'll need that if you wanna play DivX movies without copying them to CDRWs all of teh time (the other option is to copy them, and XBMP to a CDRW)

Now what do I need to do to connect with X-Box live without gettin banned? I need to disable my mod chip right? How would I do this with a X-ecuter 2 Lite?

The middle jumper on your X2 - take it off. Get a simple toggle switch and connect it to this jumper. A good place to stick the switch is the air vent. I cut holes 5&6 in the metal from the front on the right hand grill (2nd layer up) and put it in hole 6 - plenty of space. Then cut the plastic case at the bottom and hey-presto.

Wen the switch is one way, it will be modded, when the other way, you can play XBLive. DO NOT HAVE THE MOD ON WHEN YOU ARE ON XBLIVE - NOT EVEN FOR A SECOND AS YOU WILL BE BANNED FOREVER

If I do get banned is it possible to ever get back on?

Not at the moment

Thanks for any help! And if I haven't mentioned something I need to know please inform me! Thanks alot!

The next step will be to get a larger HDD - this means ytou can backup orioginals to the HDD and run them directly off of it. This really is the mutts-nuts

#6 Mp3Markel

Mp3Markel

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 14 January 2003 - 02:56 PM

Hey! Thanks alot for that post! It really helped! I think I actually understand it now. You don't have pictures of that switch you made do you? Alright, thanks again!
-Mark

#7 whiffin

whiffin

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,133 posts

Posted 14 January 2003 - 03:18 PM

Ummm, hang on ... I'll take one

#8 whiffin

whiffin

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,133 posts

Posted 14 January 2003 - 03:22 PM

... infact, no I wont, my mate's gone skiing with my Digicam ohmy.gif

Take the case off, and look om the left hand side air vent.

Goto the second row up, and cut holes 5 and 6 togther (from the front of the case). Put a toggle switch in it.

Then slide the case on, and you'll see that it needs the groove slightly largened with a dremmel for it to work right.

It's quite obvious, and only takes a few mins ... honest dry.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users