2105 replies to this topic

#1501 Necris

Necris

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 62 posts

Posted 10 June 2006 - 05:05 AM

Thanks for trying to help me man! greatly appreciate it!! but I read the imfo I needed and still it sounds comfusing, as he gives different directions than the directions this one gives http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=496263 yeah I know, I am a N00b with modding.. but well I've never done it before, and this was the easiest (100% free) Tutorial I could find. I tried connecting the PC and the xbx like this http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=244043 (see the picture there?... I did that, I thought that was correct [I don't know]) but the PC just started normaly and my xbx went to a screen that said call technical support in about 7 languages. all the other steps are fine besides the connecting of this!! but seriously man, THANKS!! I'll read that link you gave me, I'll see if I do get it right!! pop.gif

Edited by Necris, 10 June 2006 - 05:07 AM.

#1502 ocean the funk

ocean the funk

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 68 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 25 June 2006 - 10:15 PM

How do you disable the security feature on the harddrive i have a western digital 160gb, i always get security enabled when i go to lock the harddrive but not hd lock how do disable the hd security?

#1503 Dr Dimento

Dr Dimento

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 120 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 25 June 2006 - 10:43 PM

If i remember right (and it was just last night) security enabled means locked. To unlock i believe it was unlockhd -a

That will use the eeprom from the box you locked it with to unlock it.

#1504 mtotho

mtotho

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 78 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 28 June 2006 - 05:57 AM

i have the error 16, so i did 2 , rebuild c partition or whatever, after that was done, i turned of my xbox andput the hd back iin, and it didn work, i still got error 16

note: i unlocked the hd by unplugging the dvd drive, to get error 16, so would i have to lock it again?

#1505 tmntmasterdon

tmntmasterdon

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 July 2006 - 05:34 AM

yeah I definitely formatted an 80gb hard drive, did all the partitions right, and when I go to turn on my xbox, it gives me an error 5. Now I know this means that the xbox needs to be locked, but when I choose option 3 on the linux cd for the locking utilities, I type in 'lockhd' and then it gives me a list of options like -a to lock hard drive automatically from eeprom -p to type in password manually and -f to obtain password from a file. Now it says Usage: Lockhd [-a] [-p] [-f], and I've tried all combinations (like -a, [-a] lockhd [-a]) and none of them work. When I do -a or [-a] it just says command line can't be found. When I do lockhd [-a] it just repeats itself with the same list and goes nowhere. I've tried all the other options and nothing is working. wtF do I do to solve this? oh yeah and I do have the eeprom in the eeprom folder.

Edited by tmntmasterdon, 02 July 2006 - 05:36 AM.

#1506 Epaige

Epaige

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 02 July 2006 - 06:07 AM

QUOTE(tmntmasterdon @ Jul 2 2006, 12:41 AM) View Post

yeah I definitely formatted an 80gb hard drive, did all the partitions right, and when I go to turn on my xbox, it gives me an error 5. Now I know this means that the xbox needs to be locked, but when I choose option 3 on the linux cd for the locking utilities, I type in 'lockhd' and then it gives me a list of options like -a to lock hard drive automatically from eeprom -p to type in password manually and -f to obtain password from a file. Now it says Usage: Lockhd [-a] [-p] [-f], and I've tried all combinations (like -a, [-a] lockhd [-a]) and none of them work. When I do -a or [-a] it just says command line can't be found. When I do lockhd [-a] it just repeats itself with the same list and goes nowhere. I've tried all the other options and nothing is working. wtF do I do to solve this? oh yeah and I do have the eeprom in the eeprom folder.

It is lockhd -a theres a space between d and -

That will do it if it doesnt thats the first time ive heard of that not working.

#1507 Deathspank

Deathspank

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 July 2006 - 09:27 PM

I'm in need of some assistance. I'm trying to get back on Xbox Live with my new EEPROM and HDD, but I fucked up my first time around because I put the new unbanned EEPROM in the xboxhdm/linux/eeprom folder instead of the one that was on my Xbox, thinking that I had to put together the new EEPROM and HDD together simultaneously. So I put it in my Xbox, got some kind of error code, took the HDD out, tried to reformat the HDD again with a new burned CD that has the proper EEPROM on it, and once I get to the "xboxhd" part, the first 5 or 6 options are disabled, rendering me unable to "Build a new Xbox HD from scratch". Can anyone please assist me?

EDIT: Nevermind, I figured out how to solve the problem.

Edited by Deathspank, 03 July 2006 - 09:31 PM.

#1508 kingroach

kingroach

X-S Hacker

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,741 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 03 July 2006 - 10:26 PM

your hard drive is fine. You need to change the eeprom on your xbox with the new eeprom. After you do that the hard drive will work on your xbox.

#1509 Soul_Sick

Soul_Sick

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 04 July 2006 - 12:07 PM

I tried to upgrade the hdd this weekend but i had some problems.
I backup the eprom with evolutionX, and then copy the eprom from c:\backup to the disc. Also i copy the c folder and e folder to the disc like it was said in the tutorial. Easy, I thought!
"In the c:\backup directory i also saw a .txt file that has the hddlockdisabel password and some other info. I decided to print the file, lucky me!"
With th cd created i connect the discs to my pc. The xbox original in primary master, the new 120Gb in primary slave, and the cd drive in primary slave. Also i connected the cable power from the xbox to the the xbox original drive.
I connected the pc and the xbox.
Also i disable the autodetect option in the bios and disconect all the usb hardware(printers/usb hubs), only the network cable was connectd.
New startup on th pc.
"The leeds on the xbox blink, green and orange. I supose it's normal, because the drive its not connected to the xbox motherboard."
Now come the problems, in the first boot menu when i chosse option 3 to unlock/lock the xbox hdd drive. I tried to unlock the original drive using the option unlockhd -a , to use the eprom in the cd, but sadly this don't work. So i tried to use unlock -p 'password' and use the password in the .txt file that i print and for my astonishment it worked, also i tried to lock with this password from the .txt file and also works.

What's going on? Is more than one eprom in the xbox?
The c:\backup folder isn't the right place to get my eprom after i backedup with evolutionX ?

These are some question, but i have more. Well continuing my xbox adventure tongue.gif

With the orginal xbox drive unlocked i boot up my pc "always with the xbox on to not disconect the original drive", and the i choose option 1 in the first boot menu "Boot VGA Console". Then like it's said in the tutorial i wrote xboxhd to jump to the next menu. Then with the xbox drive already unlocked i used the "clone existing xbox hd", waited for 3 hours and then automatically it returned to the (clone/rebuild, etc..) menu. I reeboot the pc and choose again option 3 and locked the original drive (note again: the lock/unlock option for me was -p "password" since -a dind't work because it seems the eprom was wrong, don't know why!?!).
Disconect all and putt the original xbox drive in the xbox, connect it and works perfectly. At least the original is ok i think.
Then i connected the pc again putting the new 120Gb cloned drive in primary master. The i went to the lock/unlock option and locked the new drive, but when i shuted down the pc and connect the drive to the xbox this didn't work.
I'm doing the steps all in right order and the only problem is that i don't have the right eprom?
Can someone give-me some hints, for this final steps?

Note: The xbox is a 1.6 version and it's softmoded.

#1510 kingroach

kingroach

X-S Hacker

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,741 posts

Posted 04 July 2006 - 01:38 PM

Its the same password thats embedded in the eeprom.bin file. Its recommended to use the eeprom.bin because people mistype the password. But if typed correctly, both works.

As dor the new drive, what error number do you get after connectiong.

#1511 Soul_Sick

Soul_Sick

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 04 July 2006 - 02:43 PM

But when i use the option unlockhd -a to unlock the xbox drive, this simple doesn' work. It still stays locked. And if after i try do lock as i expected it gives-me a error saying the drive as security enable.
But if i manually "unlockhd -p password" use the hdddisablepassword from the .txt file in c:\backup that i initially wrotte down, the drive is unlocked and also i can lock it again with that same password.
Because of that i was wondering that if it's possible to exist more than one eprom file in the different particions of the xbox hdd?!?

Other question is if instead of cloning the old hdd to a new one, i use the option "build a new xbox hdd from scratch", since i copied the entire original xbox drive (particion c and e) to the cd.
Supposedly the final product it is almost the same as the clone option, right?
And then the only thing i have to do is a hdd lock (lockhd).

I thing the error it was giving initially after the clone was 09, then i decided to wipe the fatx particion table and do "build a new xbox hdd from scratch", then i booted the pc and then i locked the drive with the password i retrieved from the txt file. It locked fine and when i connect to the xbox gives-me a 06 error.
The new hdd was connect in primary because i tought that i would not need the old drive, after the clone and to lock the new one it has to be in primary, right?

Thanks for the help in advance wink.gif

smile.gif

#1512 kingroach

kingroach

X-S Hacker

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,741 posts

Posted 04 July 2006 - 02:58 PM

error 06 means the hard drive is locked but with wrong password. Unlock the hard drive and make sure you locked it with the correct password. If you cant unlock with the password you typed then it means you mistyped soem letters. Rebuilding HD from scratch with make same hard-drive as your original xbox hard-drive.

#1513 Soul_Sick

Soul_Sick

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 04 July 2006 - 07:08 PM

This is really strange.
I unlocked the new drive with the password i printed from the txt file from the old xboxdrive c:\backup.
Then, i locked the drive again but using the option 'lockhd -a' to automaticly use the password from eprom. It also worked just fine and loked the drive. I connected again the new xbox hdd and continues to give the 06 error.
This is really strange, with the old drive i unlock and lock the hdd perfectly with the password retrieved from the .txt file (i still don't understand why doesn't work with the eprom). Also, the password i retrieved from the txt file and the password from the eprom are not the same. Strange!?!? huh.gif
I really don't know what i'm missing?!?! unsure.gif
More ideias?!?

#1514 kingroach

kingroach

X-S Hacker

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,741 posts

Posted 04 July 2006 - 07:14 PM

install configmagic in your xbox. Then backup th eeeprom. Also match the password configmagic outputs. Evox somethimes give wrong eeprom/password on 1.6 xbox but configmagic always work.

#1515 Soul_Sick

Soul_Sick

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 04 July 2006 - 08:10 PM

I instaled configmagic final 1.6 in the old xbox hdd and compare the hddlockingpassword and then compare with the one that evolution already gave me.
It's the same so i unlocked the new hdd drive, reebot to be sure that was unlocked and then locked again with the hddlocking password that configmagic gaved to me. "i wrote the pass down and compare with the one that evox already gave to me and were the same".
Plugin the new xbox drive and still gives-me the 06 error.
I really don't understand what's going on... huh.gif
At least if the password was right it sould give another error, not the wrong lock password error, right?

unsure.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users