kingroach

X-S Hacker

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,741 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 22 August 2004 - 03:16 PM

when the hdd is connected to the pc u lock/unlock hd with xboxhdm.

I was inactive past few weeks, i am gonna update the guide to xboxhdm ver 1.9 as in ver 1.9 xbox dont reboot after it creates F:\ drive.

#152 skatermaggot

skatermaggot

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 August 2004 - 11:24 PM

I am currently upgrading my xbox to a brand new hard drive. I downloaded Slayers 2.5 and i was wondering if i can use that for all my backup files for my xbox (even the eeprom file) , since i don't want to take any chances with the original hard drive in case something does goes wrong. So i am wondering if i can just use the slayers 2.5 for all the backup files for my new xbox hard drive. And if this will not work can you give me another way i can make the hard drive upgrade without messing with the original one.

thanks for your help

#153 kingroach

kingroach

X-S Hacker

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,741 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 23 August 2004 - 11:44 PM

Yes, you can use slayers disk for backup files for xbox hard drive but you have to use the original eeprom from your xbox.

#154 crazybeans128

crazybeans128

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 August 2004 - 09:39 PM

Okay, I've already unlocked my hd and i made the cd. when i boot with it in, it will boot to the main screen where you have the 1-4 options, but when i choose anything, my comp reboots and takes me back to the same screen. i can't get anywhere in this. help!

#155 crazybeans128

crazybeans128

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 August 2004 - 05:52 PM

Never mind to my previous post, my comp was just too slow. i tried a faster pc, and it worked fine and my xbox is up and running again thanks to idot and the many tools and tutorials made by him and others. i have a fun phrase for him now too.
Think you X-Box is dead? Have no fear, Idot is here!

#156 Zemathar

Zemathar

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 August 2004 - 02:21 PM

Sorry but I'm kind of new to this.

I have a XBox V1.6

What happends if I make a new harddrive from scratch let us say a 30Gb large one.
What else do I have to have beside the Xboxhdm ?

All I have to do is to make an ISO of the original HD and then make a new clean harddrive. Reboot from the CD/DVD with my ISO?..

Then copy it all back?

Do I really have to use "Firefuckers x-disk" ?

Edited by Zemathar, 27 August 2004 - 02:24 PM.

#157 triggernum5

triggernum5

X-S Messiah

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,655 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 27 August 2004 - 03:06 PM

Well, Do you have a chip? Or a softmod? You don't quite make an iso of the hdd, You include the hdd contents in an xboxhdm iso.. You can then build a new hdd from scratch. No need for Firefuckers or any other disk like that..
But I warn you, Firefuckers XDisk has messed up many xboxes.. If you are going to use a disk like that ever, it should be atomiX, or Slayers/

#158 Zemathar

Zemathar

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 August 2004 - 03:14 PM

Sorry, I have a softmod version.. with Evox M8 BIOS.

So I only have to make an bootable disc from my old harddrive? As it says in the toutorial.

Then just use Xboxhdm to make the new filesystem and to get the HD formated...

Is there anyway I can use FTP instead?

#159 triggernum5

triggernum5

X-S Messiah

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,655 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 27 August 2004 - 04:31 PM

You can't use ftp because you would need to boot from the new hdd to do that. You can't do that until you prepare it. Ftp your current hdd contents to your pc and include them in the xboxhdm cd.. You will also need to include your eeprom.bin .

#160 kof2002

kof2002

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 31 August 2004 - 04:35 AM

will it work to not use the c drive content from the slayer disc and just copy my current xbox hdd's c drive content as a substitute?

#161 kof2002

kof2002

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 31 August 2004 - 07:20 AM

has anyone got it working using primary master as xbox hdd and secondary master as cd rom drive and does it work?

#162 witte

witte

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 89 posts
  • Interests:your sister, and from time to time your mother, if she's up for a threesome
  • Xbox Version:v1.2

Posted 31 August 2004 - 03:13 PM

Hi, i just succesfully installed UDE2 on a 1.6 xbox (thx idots, u rox)

now if i want to upgrade hd :

1) what is maximum size ?(evoxm8 bios)
2) i ftp'd all files on C & E drives to my pc, do i just put those in the linux/C&E dirs on bootcd, so that hdm will copy these to the new HD-drive? will this also work as the softmod is completely copied, or do i still have to reinstall ude2 ? can i use the same bootcd (only with diff eeprom) for other xboxes ??
3) i'm from belgium, therefore in PAL-zone, so i have to put region to 1 using itools before installing ude2. now if i want to softmod a new xbox and upgrade the HD, i suppose it's best to upgrade the HD first, then use 007/memcard to change regio and install ude2, rite ??

thx wink.gif

#163 krayzie

krayzie

X-S Elysian

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,340 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 31 August 2004 - 03:42 PM

1: I thought it was like 300 GB

2: you probably can just use the existing versions of C and E. then the exploit is allready up and running on your new HD. And yeah the bootcd will work on other xboxes as well as long as their region is right. Make sure you don't use it on a xbox with a kernel lower as 5713.

3: you can just as well first switch regions and install the exploit and then upgrade. Be sure to use the EEPROM from AFTER the region switch in that case.

Edited by krayzie, 31 August 2004 - 03:44 PM.

#164 witte

witte

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 89 posts
  • Interests:your sister, and from time to time your mother, if she's up for a threesome
  • Xbox Version:v1.2

Posted 31 August 2004 - 03:49 PM

thx m8

ps ben jij toevallig fs-krazy v q3 ? tongue.gif

#165 krayzie

krayzie

X-S Elysian

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,340 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 31 August 2004 - 03:52 PM

nee sorry ik ben gewoon krayzie. Ik ken geen fs-krazy en ook geen q3.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users