Schmoozer

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 133 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 23 October 2006 - 03:51 AM

I'm having trouble locking the 160gb hard drive to work with my cousins xbox. I went into regular xboxhd with the 8 options and chose option 6 (Calculate password etc...) and wrote down the 40digit one. I then rebooted the computer and in the first menu chose option 4 (DOS Command to lock/unlock hard drive). I typed hdlock and a little app ran I chose the 160gb it saw and then typed in the 40 digit code, keeping in mind using lowercase lettering and reg. numbers. When I put my cousins new hard drive in locked to that code I get error 5 (meaning its not lock?!) huh.gif

Please help me!

-Schmoozer

P.S. Jas982345 if it boots up to the MS dashboard it probably means you have not softmodded it since you used stock C folder instead of modded one. I recommend softmodding with Krayzie's NDURE installer Mechassualt/Splinter Cell/007 exploit. When you install it choose UnleashX, there's a function built into it that formats F drive for you if you didn't already do it in XboxHDM. Then you can use all the space on your new hard drive! biggrin.gif

#1682 schlaef420

schlaef420

X-S Young Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 23 October 2006 - 11:42 AM

hey guys fater hours of work i have successfully soft-modded my once not-working xbox(unable to read, tompson drive tongue.gif) to evox. thank you very much for all the info on these forums. currently in the process of using Quix to install xbmc.

an easy question for you veterans: I noticed that under the launch menu in evox there is a tab for games and apps. I've successfully installed a couple apps but the question is, can i rip on of my xbox games on my pc to a simple iso and copy it over to the games folder? is it just like running an app under evox?

i know this question is probably answered in a stickied thread but i cannot find it. any help is greatly appreciated as my box will only read 2 of my games.

#1683 jas982345

jas982345

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 76 posts

Posted 23 October 2006 - 02:31 PM

QUOTE(schlaef420 @ Oct 23 2006, 06:49 AM) View Post

an easy question for you veterans: I noticed that under the launch menu in evox there is a tab for games and apps. I've successfully installed a couple apps but the question is, can i rip on of my xbox games on my pc to a simple iso and copy it over to the games folder? is it just like running an app under evox?

yes you can but you have to use qwix to extract the files from the iso and then ftp them over to ur xbox into the game folder.

QUOTE(Schmoozer @ Oct 22 2006, 10:58 PM) View Post

P.S. Jas982345 if it boots up to the MS dashboard it probably means you have not softmodded it since you used stock C folder instead of modded one. I recommend softmodding with Krayzie's NDURE installer Mechassualt/Splinter Cell/007 exploit. When you install it choose UnleashX, there's a function built into it that formats F drive for you if you didn't already do it in XboxHDM. Then you can use all the space on your new hard drive! biggrin.gif

but i used the stock c folder from a slayers dick when i modded my xbox! what if i use the c folder from my xbox on the disk?

#1684 kingroach

kingroach

X-S Hacker

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,741 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 23 October 2006 - 02:47 PM

@jas982345, yes you can use C drive files from your xbox to mod the new xbox. What exploit did you use to mod your xbox first, if its not ndure or uxe then you can have clock loop problem in the future. Its better to use krazye installer if you have a gamesave or use ndure installer for pc if you prefer hotswap method.

@Schmoozer, use xboxhdm's option 3 to lock teh harddrive. Go to option 3 and type "lockhd -a".

#1685 Schmoozer

Schmoozer

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 133 posts
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 23 October 2006 - 03:00 PM

I tried option 3 and when i do "lockhd -a" it says something about my drive being frozen sad.gif

Thanks for the help, I'm sure I'm just overcomplicating a simple fix. I'm sure the fix lies in the BIOS of my PC but what would I change for the DVD Drive to be unfrozen?

Thanks again,

-Schmoozer

#1686 jas982345

jas982345

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 76 posts

Posted 23 October 2006 - 03:31 PM

QUOTE(kingroach @ Oct 23 2006, 09:54 AM) View Post

@jas982345, yes you can use C drive files from your xbox to mod the new xbox. What exploit did you use to mod your xbox first, if its not ndure or uxe then you can have clock loop problem in the future. Its better to use krazye installer if you have a gamesave or use ndure installer for pc if you prefer hotswap method.

o yea lol i forgot i used uxe on my xbox! ill use the old xboxhdm with uxe in it and the c folder from my xbox and ill post back if it workd

#1687 jas982345

jas982345

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 76 posts

Posted 23 October 2006 - 04:55 PM

YES!!! ok i got it to work!when i softmodded my xbox i used textbooks tut and i forgot so thats why i was so confused when i tryd doing it this way cuz its diffrent! lol thanks for all the help!!!!

#1688 -MtG-

-MtG-

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 October 2006 - 06:17 PM

But how do I get my Xbox version 1.4 Eeprom.bin?

You all say c:\Backup

But i don't understand a thing... in the beginning it already starts with eeprom.bin...

tnx in advance!

#1689 DeeZS

DeeZS

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 23 October 2006 - 06:46 PM

Guys, I'm really desperate...my xbox has an error 16 and the forum search doesn't work and I know that xboxhdm can be used to fix the error but I don't have my eeprom.bin on my pc (I do have it on the xbox cause evox was installed and I saw it there) and don't know what to do....how do I access my xbox hdd and copy eeprom.bin to my pc so I can use xboxhdm?
(I read something about hotswapping but I heard it was dangerous and I don't want to f*ck my drive up....and I also read hotswapping is hard with error 16...HEEEEEEEEEEELP) uhh.gif

#1690 cox377

cox377

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 23 October 2006 - 09:31 PM

As some of you may remember from previous posts i had the problem with my xbox not booting after a the xbox dieing and putting a replacement in. Well the xbox is now giving out error 11's which are dvd drive issues. this seems to be happening for no apparent reason as it used to be error9 or 7.

In addition i did try taking the default c drive files from the slayers disk then making an iso using the xbox hdm but i'm getting this 11 so i dont know where the issue lies.

In addition, i noticed when locking the hdd i see this

IPB Image

It says security locked :No.... would this make any difference?

hope this is clear enough

coxen

#1691 mikevxpx

mikevxpx

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 24 October 2006 - 03:34 AM

Iíve modded a lot of xboxes and Iíve unlocked and lock a lot of drives. But I do have one question. Every time I lock or unlock a hard drive (with xboxhdm) I have to tell it to unlock or lock the drive 5 times before it will. On the fifth time, it will do what Iím asking. Anybody know whatís up with that. Also there is one drive that I lost the eeprom to but the xboxscene password wonít work and I know that that is the master password, not teamassembly. Any ideas on this would be cool. Thanks everyone.

#1692 TBoneLouie

TBoneLouie

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 October 2006 - 09:09 PM

QUOTE(-MtG- @ Oct 23 2006, 12:24 PM) View Post

But how do I get my Xbox version 1.4 Eeprom.bin?

You all say c:\Backup

But i don't understand a thing... in the beginning it already starts with eeprom.bin...

tnx in advance!

Can you explain a little bit more about what you're trying to do and where you are in the process?

#1693 TBoneLouie

TBoneLouie

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 October 2006 - 09:24 PM

Check locking ability w/ UnlockX (especially with older drives)

Just a small addition to using HDM. I spent many wasted hours trying to put in a larger HDD that I've had for a long time that couldn't be locked. If only I had known that when I started. Before doing anything with modding (particularly softmodding), especially if you're just trying it with hard drive that you have as a "spare" that might not be the newest thing on the block, run a quick check with UnlockX. It'll tell you if your drive can be locked or not, which is how I found out about my drive. Yeah, you can take a look at databases that have drives listed, but you can save yourself lots of reading and time by just doing this quick check. Have fun!

#1694 -MtG-

-MtG-

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 October 2006 - 12:39 PM

QUOTE(TBoneLouie @ Oct 24 2006, 10:16 PM) View Post

Can you explain a little bit more about what you're trying to do and where you are in the process?

It's alright... I fixed it already... I wanted to unlock my xbox drive and from google I saw i could use the hotswap method(didn't know what that was, but it was explained there). And then i follewed these steps but it didn't mod, so i used another little different then this one, but it worked!!!!... So know i took the slayer's disk and putted in the xbox CD drive and clicked "Launch DVD" and then switched from original hard drive to a drive that i found(i didn't do anything with if for xbox) and i hotswapped it and now he's busy installing Evox + apps.

But i do have a question...

I can FTP to my xbox and can see all the partitions... but where do i upload the games and how?(i mean with this, do i use the iso or do i need to extract it and create a map with the games name... i want to play Mortal Kombat) Do I need to make a folder in that partition?

Tnx in advance!

#1695 poo87

poo87

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 639 posts
  • Interests:Cutting, sanding, painting, lighting, anything I can get my hands on to. Oh yea, I play bass too.

Posted 25 October 2006 - 07:28 PM

Let me get something straight, if I type in unlockx and it comes up saying "Not Lockable!" it means that I can't use that hdd or does it mean that it's not lockable in the currnet state its in? TIA

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users