• Please log in to reply
2105 replies to this topic

#1951 beretta13

beretta13

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 June 2008 - 09:17 PM

I plan on using Xboxhdm to create an a larger hd for my softmodded xbox. It seems pretty simple, but I want to get a few things straight before I go and actually do it.
1. I have a 40gig hd that already has 2 partitions on it. One has XP load on it and the other partition ubuntu.
This two partitions will erased by formating the drive correct?
2. I have backup my /eeprom, C/, and E/ from my modded xbox and placed those files in the /linux folder
Is this all I need to backup to use Xboxhdm?
3. At any time could I say "Crap I screwed the process up, I'll just go back to my old drive".
4. Now I'm under the impression that the F drive just takes up all the rest of the space and the C and the E are
still like the old drive that equals 8gig, Is this true?

I hope that these can be answered soon, I have time to do the operation ever tonight or tommorrow, but after that I'm out of town and won't be able to for 3 weeks

Edited by beretta13, 18 June 2008 - 09:30 PM.

#1952 ldotsfan

ldotsfan

X-S Messiah

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,100 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 19 June 2008 - 02:36 PM

QUOTE(beretta13 @ Jun 19 2008, 04:53 AM) View Post

I plan on using Xboxhdm to create an a larger hd for my softmodded xbox. It seems pretty simple, but I want to get a few things straight before I go and actually do it.
1. I have a 40gig hd that already has 2 partitions on it. One has XP load on it and the other partition ubuntu.
This two partitions will erased by formating the drive correct?
2. I have backup my /eeprom, C/, and E/ from my modded xbox and placed those files in the /linux folder
Is this all I need to backup to use Xboxhdm?
3. At any time could I say "Crap I screwed the process up, I'll just go back to my old drive".
4. Now I'm under the impression that the F drive just takes up all the rest of the space and the C and the E are
still like the old drive that equals 8gig, Is this true?

I hope that these can be answered soon, I have time to do the operation ever tonight or tommorrow, but after that I'm out of town and won't be able to for 3 weeks

1. Yes, a complete rebuild with xboxhdm will wipe out the XP/ubuntu partitions. I assume you already checked the hdd is lockable.
2. What softmod are you using? If it has shadow C protection, the contents of your C drive will not be the real C's contents which you need. If you use a gamesave, load the gamesave exploit again to get ftp access to your real C. If you hotswap to install Kingroach Ndure, run e:\ndts\default.xbe to get ftp access to real C. Also make sure your eeprom is your real one not the virtual one. Check it with LiveInfo first to verify the serial no inside.
3. Yes. As long as you didn't modify anything on the old drive.
4. You can choose the partition scheme you want later with xbpartitioner. xboxhdm defaults to F gets all if my memory is right.

#1953 beretta13

beretta13

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 11:51 PM

thanks that helped a-lot I was successful and its working fine. Xboxhdm is the bomb.

#1954 beretta13

beretta13

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 10:36 PM

one problem I have is that my .xbe games and my disc games don't want to run. I learned that there is something call shadow c on the drive would that stop me from copying the needed files to load .xbe games and disc games and if so where may I find an application that allows me to get to those files.

#1955 ldotsfan

ldotsfan

X-S Messiah

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,100 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 12:53 PM

QUOTE(beretta13 @ Jul 9 2008, 06:12 AM) View Post

one problem I have is that my .xbe games and my disc games don't want to run. I learned that there is something call shadow c on the drive would that stop me from copying the needed files to load .xbe games and disc games and if so where may I find an application that allows me to get to those files.

shadow c doesn't affect your ability to execute xbe. Trying clearing your cache and if that doesn't help, post your question with more details on
CODE
.xbe games and my disc games don't want to run
in the newbies forum. Your files should be copied to E drive for a stock xbox hdd rather than C drive.

Edited by ldotsfan, 09 July 2008 - 12:54 PM.

#1956 pyodor

pyodor

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 04:57 PM

What seems to be the problem?

I managed to upgrade my HDD (120GB) using xboxhdm, then I copied games from other working xbox through FTP. What happened were other games will play and most of it will not.

Any help?

BTW the box has a modchip already.

Edited by pyodor, 01 August 2008 - 04:59 PM.

#1957 ldotsfan

ldotsfan

X-S Messiah

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,100 posts

Posted 02 August 2008 - 12:58 AM

QUOTE(pyodor @ Aug 2 2008, 12:33 AM) View Post

What seems to be the problem?

I managed to upgrade my HDD (120GB) using xboxhdm, then I copied games from other working xbox through FTP. What happened were other games will play and most of it will not.

Any help?

BTW the box has a modchip already.

Try formatting X,Y,Z scratch partitions and clearing E:\cache first.

If it doesn't work, trying ripping the game discs again with the latest copy of DVD2xbox.

#1958 CroC.

CroC.

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 01:45 PM

Okay so am l doing it right?

1. boot option 3 unlockhd -a

2. build hd from scratch

3. when done building the hdd lockhd -a then put it in your box.

The only thing I'm scared is the unlocking and locking part. What if the Xboxhdm program reboots but I haven't lock the hdd yet, while building the HDD. And when will l know it's safe to lock the hdd.

And do l reboot after option 3 unlockhd -a, and do l reboot after building the hdd.

#1959 ldotsfan

ldotsfan

X-S Messiah

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,100 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 02:03 PM

QUOTE(CroC. @ Aug 3 2008, 09:21 PM) View Post

Okay so am l doing it right?

1. boot option 3 unlockhd -a

2. build hd from scratch

3. when done building the hdd lockhd -a then put it in your box.

The only thing I'm scared is the unlocking and locking part. What if the Xboxhdm program reboots but I haven't lock the hdd yet, while building the HDD. And when will l know it's safe to lock the hdd.

And do l reboot after option 3 unlockhd -a, and do l reboot after building the hdd.

After 1, reboot.
After 2, reboot. Otherwise you can't go to option 3.
After 3, power off. The hdd is going back to the xbox pop.gif

#1960 CroC.

CroC.

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 02:08 PM

During the second step does it build the hdd, then build the F then reboots then do l goto build f drive then reboot then continue to option 3?

Sorry for being a pain, much help appreciated and thanks for the quick reply.

#1961 ldotsfan

ldotsfan

X-S Messiah

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,100 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 02:14 PM

QUOTE(CroC. @ Aug 3 2008, 09:44 PM) View Post

During the second step does it build the hdd, then build the F then reboots then do l goto build f drive then reboot then continue to option 3?

I don't use the F drive option in xboxhdm jester.gif

I prefer to use xbpartitioner to format F drive after step 3 when the drive is already back in the xbox as it will do that correctly for hdds of various sizes. xboxhdm doesn't do it correctly for partitions above a certain size (due to the cluster size)

#1962 CroC.

CroC.

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 03:39 PM

Okay so l booted up with option 3 unlockhd -a

Then build hd from scratch

Then rebuild c

reboot

then option 3 and lockhd -a

put it in my box and it starts flashing green and ornage then give me the call customer support screen (no error codes becuase this is 1.0 box)

what did l do wrong?

thx

edit: this is my 3rd time trying to do this

1st time the HDD was bad so l bought a new one

now this new hdd gave me the error screen then l unlock my hd wiped the fatx partion and rebuild everthing again now its giving me the same error as the first one.

Edited by CroC., 03 August 2008 - 03:49 PM.

#1963 ldotsfan

ldotsfan

X-S Messiah

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,100 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 03:56 PM

QUOTE(CroC. @ Aug 3 2008, 11:15 PM) View Post

Okay so l booted up with option 3 unlockhd -a

Then build hd from scratch

Then rebuild c

reboot

then option 3 and lockhd -a

put it in my box and it starts flashing green and ornage then give me the call customer support screen (no error codes becuase this is 1.0 box)

what did l do wrong?

thx

edit: this is my 3rd time trying to do this

1st time the HDD was bad so l bought a new one

now this new hdd gave me the error screen then l unlock my hd wiped the fatx partion and rebuild everthing again now its giving me the same error as the first one.

3rd time?

I suspect the eeprom. Get a copy of LiveInfo and check the serial no in the eeprom.bin against the back sticker's serial no.

#1964 CroC.

CroC.

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 04:44 PM

alright when l load the eeprom in live info it says that the video region and xbe is incorrect please select a valid one. I'm thinking evox backup a bad eeprom. In live info everthing but the mac-adress is 0 when l load the eeprom. I have backups and have the unique hdd key.

How do l get myself out of this?

Thanks for your help.

EDIT: the hdd status is locking; not locked, frozen sad.gif

Edited by CroC., 03 August 2008 - 04:46 PM.

#1965 CroC.

CroC.

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 05:12 PM

I'm using the C: from my stock softmodded xbox and E:, just read saying to use slayers......

Could this of been the problem?

Sorry l could not edit the post above me.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users