• Please log in to reply
2105 replies to this topic

#2011 freshchurros

freshchurros

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 01:40 AM

ok, so i thought i had gotten the xbox working with this new drive. Once I turn it on I'm taken to the screen to set the clock.

BUT...

It doesn't recognize any controllers. I've tried four controllers, and pressing buttons yields nothing on-screen. Is there any way I forgot to put some certain files on my xboxhdm disc? Or is it just an entirely different, unrelated problem?

Please help me. Seriously this is just getting horrible, after weeks of working on it :|

Edited by freshchurros, 14 June 2009 - 01:53 AM.

#2012 ldotsfan

ldotsfan

X-S Messiah

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,100 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 14 June 2009 - 04:21 AM

QUOTE(freshchurros @ Jun 14 2009, 08:40 AM) View Post

ok, so i thought i had gotten the xbox working with this new drive. Once I turn it on I'm taken to the screen to set the clock.

BUT...

It doesn't recognize any controllers. I've tried four controllers, and pressing buttons yields nothing on-screen. Is there any way I forgot to put some certain files on my xboxhdm disc? Or is it just an entirely different, unrelated problem?

Please help me. Seriously this is just getting horrible, after weeks of working on it :|

1. Cold boot an original game disc and see if the controller problems are still there.
2. You can use pastebin to compare against the listing of your xboxhdm C folder. See this

#2013 freshchurros

freshchurros

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 04:59 AM

QUOTE(ldotsfan @ Jun 13 2009, 08:21 PM) View Post

1. Cold boot an original game disc and see if the controller problems are still there.
2. You can use pastebin to compare against the listing of your xboxhdm C folder. See this

k i don't have settings_adoc.xip from the C drive. Could that particular file be messing with my controller stuff, or do I need to get a new daughterboard, or what?

#2014 the colonel

the colonel

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 04:38 AM

Im having some problems while im booting linux of text with the 1st or second option, before it locks up, a few lines before the last i get this error code

kmod: failed to exec /bin/modprobe -s -k scs:hostadapter

what does it mean?

#2015 ldotsfan

ldotsfan

X-S Messiah

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,100 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 18 June 2009 - 01:31 PM

QUOTE(the colonel @ Jun 18 2009, 11:38 AM) View Post

Im having some problems while im booting linux of text with the 1st or second option, before it locks up, a few lines before the last i get this error code

kmod: failed to exec /bin/modprobe -s -k scs:hostadapter

what does it mean?

Which version are you using? xboxhdm or xboxhdm2? Have you tried the other version?

#2016 the colonel

the colonel

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 08:38 PM

nevermind i fixed it by going to some archaic win98 computer and hotswapping through there, no idea why it kept locking up on my new one

#2017 xdude25

xdude25

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 08:44 PM

Hi everyone,

Im new here so please bear with me. I have an xbox with error 16. I spent hours on different forums, and managed to download xboxhdm and slayers disk, burnt the image, attached the xbox hard drive to my computer, and it worked - until the 2nd step.

It asks me for my EEPROM.bin. I didnt copy my EEPROM.bin to the right folder, because i dont know how to get my EEPROM.

If anyone can help me with this, i would really appreciate it.

ALSO: IF YOU LIVE IN NY, AND CAN FIX THE XBOX FOR ME, I WOULD GLADLY REIMBURSE YOU FOR YOUR TIME.

MY EMAIL: XDUDE24@YAHOO.COM

#2018 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 27 July 2009 - 09:33 PM

If you don't have the eeprom, you can either hotswap (see this post for links) or build an eeprom reader.

#2019 xdude25

xdude25

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 10:03 PM

QUOTE(Heimdall @ Jul 27 2009, 04:33 PM) View Post

If you don't have the eeprom, you can either hotswap (see this post for links) or build an eeprom reader.

Thank you for your help. But i cant build the eeprom reader....i guess ill have to find someone with an xbox, who is willing to let me use their hard drive for a few minutes...is that my only option? how about if i call microsoft? will i be wasting my time?

#2020 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • 5,749 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 10:14 PM

You clearly didn't read my post or follow the links. You can build an eeprom reader, or hotswap. Building an eeprom reader is quite easy, but if you can't do it you can still hotswap.

Someone else's hard drive will do you no good at all - it will be locked to their Xbox.

You could call Microsoft, for a repair on an old, unsupported, out of warranty games console. I'm sure you can imagine their reply....... rolleyes.gif

Out of interest, how was your Xbox modded.......?

#2021 xdude25

xdude25

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 11:43 PM

QUOTE(Heimdall @ Jul 27 2009, 05:14 PM) View Post

You clearly didn't read my post or follow the links. You can build an eeprom reader, or hotswap. Building an eeprom reader is quite easy, but if you can't do it you can still hotswap.

Someone else's hard drive will do you no good at all - it will be locked to their Xbox.

You could call Microsoft, for a repair on an old, unsupported, out of warranty games console. I'm sure you can imagine their reply....... rolleyes.gif

Out of interest, how was your Xbox modded.......?

Hey. first of all thank you for your replies. i truly appreciate it.

I have been in grad school for past 4 years, so i havent touched a video game. someone sold me this xbox, plus 12 games and 2 controllers for 20 bucks. i brought it home and found it has an error 16.

Honestly im good with computers, but dont know much about an xbox...thats why im having difficulty learning how to make the eeprom reader or even hotswap it. ive spent the past 2 days trying to fix it, but no luck.

would you be interested in fixing it for me? of course i would be wiling to ship it to you and pay you for your time. (like i said- im not really into video games, im really doing it for my younger brother who keeps asking if i fixed it yet).

#2022 crossfade

crossfade

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 02:46 AM

Greetings and Salutations,

First of all, Encase you guys are unaware.. The forums don't seem to like hotmail addresses. Secondly, Shout out to textbook, kingroach etc.. For all your info that helped me softmod my box from a shameful hunk of crap that sits underneath piles of clothes to a fully functional gaming and entertainment rig.

and thirdly.. I'm doing a HDD upgrade for my PC (much needed one at that) and thinking about chucking the old 200gig ever-lasting Western Digital HDD in my xbox to store all my entertainment needs and xbox1 games. Once again I'm doing my research and others with my exact HDD have said it works a charm with xboxhdm..

Just wanted to know.. Do i need to do any pre-preparation for the drive (eg: partitioning it in any specific way to let the xbox read it) or is it simply just a matter off doing pretty much the same thing as for Ndures installation just with a few things different and let Xboxhdm wipe the drive and let it start from scratch?

And if so, following this guide where should i stop? (since i don't want to 'upgrade' my HDD, From an old softmod installation).. I kind of just wanna wipe my 200 gig and have it be the X box HD. If that makes sense?

I'm not interested in keeping my old xbox HD files etc.. There is nothing on there to save anyway.

Please tell me if i did not make sense, i will attempt to rephrase for you.. I'm an I.T technician so I'm fairly familiar with my surroundings here.

Thanks in advance for your help.

#2023 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • 5,749 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 10:47 AM

You don't need to prepare the disk - just build your xboxhdm CD and use it to rebuild the disk. Use the stock C files, Kingroach NDURE 3.1, and eeprom.bin from your Xbox - see this post for an outline of the method.

#2024 crossfade

crossfade

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 11:42 AM

Legend, thanks for that.. Going to give it a go!

#2025 crossfade

crossfade

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 08:52 AM

Didnt go as smooth as i desired, Got the "no space left" iv seen some people experience around here. Ndure said it installed successfully regardless however when i load up the 200gig in the xbox it gives me "Call Customer Service"..

Apparently you can restore the backup and that should fix it but not sure how to since i cant get into anything bar the "Call Customer Service" thing.

Probably pilot error.. I was pretty tired and not focusing. Encase i havent mentioned.. It's basically a fresh drive.. If that helps.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users