Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 07 May 2011 - 12:11 PM

Did you do it EXACTLY as described in the link in my signature?

#2087 huan

huan

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 02:54 PM

Yes. The first time I made the disc ndure wouldn't run, because I left out the "checkid" file that ndure created. I made another with this file in the ndure\ directory, and did everything as you said.

The only change was that after I ran the ndure script through it's 3 step process, it exited itself. Then, I typed "restart", and it got stuck in a loop "Calling I2C reset again." I waited 10 minutes and held down the power button on the pc to turn it off, then turned it on again and locked the hdd as you said.

#2088 huan

huan

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 09:38 PM

I tried it again, after unlocking and wiping the fatx table. When I chose 1 in the ndure script, here's what I got:

Installing Ndure
Please wait
Part 1 of 3:
Could not find C drive backup
Creating backup
Part 2 of 3:
Checking for xbox dash version
Copying Ndure files
cp: /CD/ndure/E/NKP11/*: No such file or directory
Copying C drive backup
to shadowc
Part 3 of 3:

Done.. now exiting
Press any key to continue...

Wondering if the line beginning with cp is the problem? I checked the files I used to create the CDROM and there is an empty NKP11 directory there.

Again, I got the "Calling I2C reset again" loop in the same place. I've searched, but haven't really found out if this is a problem. Also, why do I have to rebuild the C drive after creating the partition table? I think xboxhdm 1.9 goes through that automatically...

Edited by huan, 07 May 2011 - 09:39 PM.

#2089 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • 5,749 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 10:04 PM

You don't select 1 in the ndure script. You select option 1 when you run xboxhd, but you select option 2 when you run the ndure script.

#2090 huan

huan

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 10:47 PM

I tried it using option 2 in Ndure this time. While there was no cp: line of text, and all appeared to go well, it still doesn't work in xbox.

I'm going to try xboxhdm 2.2 now. We'll see if that works.

#2091 huan

huan

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 01:07 AM

Tried xboxhdm2.2. Same errors as before.

Since my original xbox hdd is acting up, I'm thinking of trying to rebuild it with xboxhdm v1.9 (to see if my adapter is really the problem). Good or bad idea?

#2092 huan

huan

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 04:22 AM

Sorry for so many posts...

I managed to get my original hdd running again with xboxhdm and a hotswap, leading me to believe I had the correct C files all along. Must be the drive or the adapter, then. I've ordered 3 new adapters and hopefully one will work.

Thanks everyone for your posts! Even though I still haven't gotten the new hdd running yet, I still appreciate everyone for taking the time to help me troubleshoot these issues! biggrin.gif

#2093 ldotsfan

ldotsfan

X-S Messiah

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,100 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 12 May 2011 - 03:49 PM

QUOTE(huan @ May 11 2011, 11:22 AM) View Post

I managed to get my original hdd running again with xboxhdm and a hotswap, leading me to believe I had the correct C files all along. Must be the drive or the adapter, then. I've ordered 3 new adapters and hopefully one will work.

I had the same conclusion a few posts back. Try a different adapter when they arrive.

#2094 rashid420

rashid420

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 06:15 AM

I'm having trouble using XboxHdm. I'm trying to recover my HD after I got the infamous "Your Xbox requires service screen"

So I have successfully hot swapped. I know because until I figured that out xboxhd kept quitting on me. I can do the "dd" commands to write head.raw and fatx.raw to the drive. Problem is when the time comes to creating a partition I cannot.

First off /dev/hda50 thru /dev/hda55 do not exist. /dev/hda is not mounted. Basically I have lost all partitions on my hard drive.

Someone please tell me how to recover. If I can "dd" to the drive that it means I can write to the drive. If I can write to the drive xboxhd should be able to mkfs.fatx and add the necessary partitions. At least that's what I'm thinking. So I have a chicken and egg problem.

fdisk -l does not list /dev/hda. Because it is not mounted.
fsck says "do you have a zero-length partition?" WTF?!?!?!

How do I recover/create (root?) partition on my Xbox HD?

PS. No I don't' have the EEPROM.BIN. This is not a modded Xbox to begin with.

Thanks much in advance.

#2095 shambles1980

shambles1980

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2

Posted 08 December 2011 - 05:06 PM

How do you have your hard drive and cd rom connecterd?
not mounted is usualy because the cd is not where the program expects it to be..

the hard disk drive needs to be set to master and connected to primary ide channel1.
And the cd rom needs to be set to slave and connected to primary ide channel 2. (the same ide port)

Or you can have the hard disk set as master connected to primary ide channel one.
and the cd set as master connected to the secondary ide channesl one (2 diferent ide ports)

also its a good idea to populate the linux C and E folders with stock files for C and E taken from the Hexen cd. unless you are doing this to soft mod.

Edited by shambles1980, 08 December 2011 - 05:09 PM.

#2096 kingroach

kingroach

X-S Hacker

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,741 posts
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 10 December 2011 - 08:32 AM

are you hot swapping it right?..looks like the hard drive is still locked.

#2097 huan

huan

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 01:46 AM

Can xboxhdm 1.9 be used on a sata drive by hooking up the drive to a computer via a sata cable? I have an adapter for use in the xbox, but the pc has sata inputs.

Edited by huan, 19 January 2012 - 01:54 AM.

#2098 huan

huan

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 02:42 AM

I'm trying to clone my original xbox hdd to a 2tb WDEARS hdd.

I plugged in both the new hdd and xbox hdd into my pc and used xboxhdm, choosing option 1. Then I chose option 3 to clone. The new drive was detected, but the xbox drive was not. When I chose hdb, where the xbox drive should have been, the tool quit because it didn't find the drive.

I powered off, went back in under option 4, and typed atapwd to see if the xbox drive was there. It was, appearing locked. I assumed the drive must be unlocked to clone it, so I tried typing in the password in my backup hddinfo.txt file in the "Unlock with User Password" option. Rejected by drive.

I powered off, went back in under option 4, and typed unlockx. The drive doesn't appear here, either.

Does the xbox drive need to be unlocked in order to clone it to a new hdd? If so, how can I unlock the drive? I have the eeprom file and the hdd key.

#2099 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • 5,749 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 03:13 AM

Of course it has to be unlocked - if it's locked then xboxhdm can't read the contents. dry.gif

xboxhdm - option 3 and type unlockhd -a

#2100 huan

huan

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 03:42 AM

Thanks! I forgot to say I tried option 3 as well, but unlockhd -a only results in unlocking the new hdd. With only the xbox hdd plugged in, unlockhd -a does nothing because it won't recognize the hdd. I've also tried plugging in the ide cable after xboxhdm loads, and I've tried all jumper settings.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users