kingroach

X-S Hacker

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,741 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 03 October 2004 - 05:41 PM

try dumping eeprom with another program like configmagic.. sometimes evox dumps wrong eeprom.

#212 discostu123

discostu123

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 October 2004 - 08:06 PM

When I click on make-iso-win.bat the program starts, but doesn't make the iso file that I need to burn. I am using windows me. Thanks

#213 bigmo24

bigmo24

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 52 posts

Posted 03 October 2004 - 09:59 PM

First of all...thanks kingroach for all of your help.
The eeprom.bin stuff is what confuses me the most. I was going to buy another xbox with no harddrive in it. If I still need the eeprom.bin off of that system, how the heck do i get it?

#214 Assassin187

Assassin187

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 04 October 2004 - 01:55 AM

and also was is the pass im suppose to use, is it the HD key or the HD locking password? And wuts the format do i do unlockhd -p (HD PASS)

#215 kingroach

kingroach

X-S Hacker

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,741 posts

Posted 04 October 2004 - 02:46 AM

@discostu123

make sure u have the folder names correct.

@bigmo24

its been said many times. first get a exploit running in ur xbox. u can do this by memcard exploit, UDE package for xboxhdm ( link is in the first page), or memcard UDE1/UDE2 installer. then run program like configmagic or evox and they will dump ur eeprom.bin in xbox. just get the eeprom by ftping in xbox hd and use it to build other hard drives and with xboxhdm.

@Assassin187

I forgot the command but I think its unlockhd -a

#216 macafied

macafied

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 04 October 2004 - 02:52 AM

Hello, I created the xboxhdm boot disc but my computer wont boot from it. It says "no boot filename received".

I'm running XP. Any ideas? Thanks.

#217 kingroach

kingroach

X-S Hacker

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,741 posts

Posted 04 October 2004 - 03:21 AM

is ur BIOS set to boot from cd/dvd?

try downloading the the xboxhdm again and making the image.

#218 Assassin187

Assassin187

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 04 October 2004 - 03:30 AM

kingroach unlock -a doesnt work, do u have any other options?

#219 animatt

animatt

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 88 posts

Posted 04 October 2004 - 03:39 AM

Okay I have used xboxhdm to prepare two drives, one for my box that has a mod chip in it(previous hdd died), and also in a softmod box. I used the UDE 1.4 installer with xboxhdm 1.9 . So I got both boxes pretty much working to how I like. Thanks Idots for awesome program. But now I decided to upgrade hdd size in the softmod box. I have already put a 80gig drive in the chipped box. The current problem I am running into now is that I am trying to add a 180gig drive into the softmod box, it might end up even being one of my 250gig drives, not sure yet. But the issue I have is when I use the auto installer I believe it makes the F: drive to large. Is there a simply way I could edit the files in xboxhdm so it will look to make a g drive for the larger drives I try to put into it. SO I do every thing the same as I did for the other boxes, and when I try booting the new 180 it freezes on me. I figure the large f: partion is doing me in. Anyhelp with using xboxhdm to format drives would be great help, thank you in advance for any help. Oh I am currently testing in my chipped box so I do not have to worry about drive being locked correctly. It is currently unlocked.

#220 animatt

animatt

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 88 posts

Posted 04 October 2004 - 03:52 AM

Okay, update, I did manage to get the box booted up, but had to use the open tray boot the like to the dash from there. And it also truncated my drive, not very suprising. So I lost prbably a good 30gigs that I would like to get back so any suggestions would be great. no data obviously but would like the space back. Thanks for any time you can give me.

#221 bigmo24

bigmo24

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 52 posts

Posted 04 October 2004 - 03:54 AM

I feel like an idiot. I know it was said many times but was confused. I thought that in order to get an exploit running you needed the eeprom.bin file. That's why I didn't know what to do if there was no harddrive to begin with. tongue.gif

#222 fragsken

fragsken

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 04 October 2004 - 10:00 AM

well i just upgraded my softmodded xbox with a 160 gig hd using the xboxhdm.

It worked like a charm ... it's booting evox again like just before the hd upgrade...

only problem i have now is that it freezes when trying to load burnout3 project gotham racing 2, juiced , rainbow six black arrow and full spectrum warrior

the rest of my games works without problems ... anyone that can tell me why it doesn't work ? =/

i'm running out of idea's ... first i thought there could be any problems with the savegames of those games so i deleted those .... but still no luck yet

#223 kingroach

kingroach

X-S Hacker

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,741 posts

Posted 04 October 2004 - 01:11 PM

@fragsken

this may be a BIOS issue.. what bios are u using. try disabling IGR and see what happens. I m booting burnout 3 with x2.4981 fine.

@animatt

I think it depends on ur bios setup.. u can use x2.4981.67 bios that after E drive takes 127gb to F drive and rest of the space to G: drive. But if u ise x2.4981.06 then F drive will take the whole space after E drive. I think thats what happened to u.

you can use xbtool to customize the bios and then try using autoinstaller to format the drives. there is no such current options in xboxhdm to setup F and G drive space cz it depends on bios.

@Assassin187

what error do u get?

#224 animatt

animatt

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 88 posts

Posted 04 October 2004 - 04:24 PM

okay, I have xbtool now. But I am not sure where the kernal info is located. Since i used th ude installer there are links to files and I am unsure which .bin file I need to open with xbtool. Any help in direct of the correct file would be great. Thank you. or just point me to a tutorial thanks KR

#225 kingroach

kingroach

X-S Hacker

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,741 posts

Posted 04 October 2004 - 04:30 PM

since u are using ude.. here is BFM bios tutorial:

http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=246395

1 user(s) are reading this topic