kingroach

X-S Hacker

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,741 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 06 November 2004 - 06:21 PM

that means the cd u burned isnt bootable.. or cd/dvdv ide cable is unplugged, check again.

#302 Pinguin

Pinguin

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 06 November 2004 - 06:27 PM

Kingroach,

Do you know if XboxHDM can recup my eeprom.bin ?

Because I can't get it with HDD DRIVER, and I dont have it.....

#303 Shrag

Shrag

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 06 November 2004 - 06:32 PM

HOwdy, I'm having one BIG problem with the Idots packages. I'm using the tutorial found here at Team02x
and I've made the bootable cd (ive made to separate copies) .
First I start the XBOX so its gets to dash. Then turn on PC with IDE out, when it gets to the Xbox HD Maker menu , i hotswap (I'm pretty good at it now, about 3 seconds), and I wait for it to load. BUT heres the PROBLEM, after loading two lines at the bottom , it goes to a blank screen and stays there (on the PC).
SO then i'm like Ill try option 2 next time cause its the same but different layout. I try it all over again then punch 2 enter at menu. It loads a full page of stuff but then freezes when it gets to the line 'Timer blah blah blah'.

I really need some guidence with this one.
My pc isnt dead and my xbox isnt dead.

HELP!

#304 marsh

marsh

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 28 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 06 November 2004 - 07:19 PM

well my ide cable was plugged in. I've made like five cd's trying to make them boot I just can't get one to boot. What do you think I'm doing wrong? I've used alcohol and nero both wouldn't boot. Any ideas?

#305 Exthero

Exthero

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 63 posts
  • Interests:Xbox v1.0, 1.1, 1.3, 1.4, 1.5, 1.6.<br />they were all &quot;broken&quot; on ebay. One is a Halo edition.
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 07 November 2004 - 12:28 AM

Ok Im having a problem with version 1.9, I start up my pc, and i get the xbox hd maker screen, with the 4 options.

option 1.) and option 2.) when picked reads /isolinux/fatximage
then loading initrd.gz then after doing a few different lines of the periods it says
ready.
you have passed an undefined mode number.
hit return to view video modes, and space to continue or wait 30 seconds.
i press space and it reboots, i hit the enter, then it gives a few modes to choose from then a scan option i type any option.
then reboots my pc.

option 3.) when picked reads /isolinux/lockimage
then loading initrd.gz then after doing a few different lines of the periods it says
ready.
you have passed an undefined mode number.
hit return to view video modes, and space to continue or wait 30 seconds.
i press space and it reboots, i hit the enter, then it gives a few modes to choose from then a scan option i type any option.
then reboots my pc.

option 4.) when picked reads /isolinux/memdisk
then loading freeboot.img then after doing a few different lines of the periods it boots to the freedos as it should.

Does anyone know what the problem is here?

#306 porked

porked

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 07 November 2004 - 01:27 AM

Worked like a charm on my 1.6 with the ude2.......thanks a ton. beerchug.gif

#307 Shrag

Shrag

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 07 November 2004 - 03:27 AM

Hey PORKED, could you tell me your hotswap method, because i got 1.6 that after I type
UDE, it says it cant see the drive....
So i think im doing the hotswap wrong, I just need the best possible hotswap method.

#308 kingroach

kingroach

X-S Hacker

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,741 posts

Posted 07 November 2004 - 05:06 AM

@Shrag

ur xbox isnt unlocked.. the way I unlock my hd is. I first boot to dashboard, then play a track for 20-30secs and then pause the song and do hotswap. works 100%.

for those having problem with xboxhdm 1.9 try ver 1.7. they have the almost same options.

#309 Porkchop Sandwhiche

Porkchop Sandwhiche

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 07 November 2004 - 06:07 AM

Alright, got a question about the whole unlocking your original xbox hardrive and putting a new one in. So when you use this utility, you unlock your xbox hard drive, then shut off the computer. Put in the new hard drive you want to format to fatx into the primary and the run the utility. After you build the partitions and all that, you lock the hard drive and put it back into the xbox. First of all, how do you know if you can lock a hard drive (say like a western digital 60gb hard drive)? and second of all, after you unlock your hard drive using that utility, and you want to make another drive into an xbox drive, do you switch out drives? Do you turn off your computer and run the utility again for the new hard drive? I'm not too clear on what to do. If someone could explain further, I'd really appreciate it.

thanks

#310 Shrag

Shrag

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 07 November 2004 - 06:33 AM

Alrighty kingroach, thx for the reply. Ill be trying your suggestion when i get home...

Here's a list of what Ill do when i get home...
1. Turn Xbox on, till Dash
2. Turn on PC, pause before bios
3. Play Audio CD track (ala Kingroach) for 20-30 seconds and pause (to unlock HD, i suppose)
4. Switch IDE to XBOX
5. Unpause PC , load Xbox HD Maker Bootdisc, wait at menu till loads...
6. Type in UDE at promte, and hopefully itll say it see HD.

THat sound about right guys?

because my problem now is seeing the drive after typing UDE.
Anyways, many hotswaping tutorials are different and I just need to know the most correct one

(I got an 1.6 xbox)

#311 Veign

Veign

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 November 2004 - 09:28 AM

Crap. I attempted to do a softmod and it wouldn't detect the harddrive. So, I used the dos mode and unlocked the hd. I went back in, still wouldn't work. Somehow, I was able to get into xboxhd. I foolishly attempted to reconstruct the hd in an attempt to get it back in working order, and it formatted, and gave me an error message about not having files in C: and E:. Now, I have no files in C: and E: and no way to get them. I have no eeprom.bin as I had no chance to create a backup. I get error 13 when there is no game in the drive and 5 when there is. Any chance of me getting my xbox back in time for halo 2?

I relocked it and now it's giving error 6 on both. At least it's a locking error and not a missing file error.

Edited by Veign, 07 November 2004 - 10:39 AM.

#312 kingroach

kingroach

X-S Hacker

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,741 posts

Posted 07 November 2004 - 04:58 PM

@Pinguin

no it cannt

@Porkchop Sandwhiche

Usually all new hard drives are lockable.
You dont need to unlock ur xbox hard drive. You just need the eeprom to build new hard drive.

after you unlock your hard drive using that utility, and you want to make another drive into an xbox drive, do you switch out drives

no.. first u unlock the drive and build the hard drive. then you lock the hard drive and you are done. If you want to build another hard drive, you have to start the process again.

@Shrag

yah.. looks good. Though I recommend you check UDE for xboxhdm tutorials, dont know whats going one there. last time I checked it was UDE package 1.2 for xboxhdm

@Veign

u can still rescue ur hd. First you need to get xbox C:\ drive files. get them from slayers disk or any other disk. Then make a xboxhdm cd with C drive files.

now to hotswap, boot the xbox witha original games inside. let it load and show the intro, dont touch any buttons. Now when you see "press start" or "press A button" . then do the hotswap. Worked for me when I flucked my hard drive as the same you you did soem times ago.

#313 Veign

Veign

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 November 2004 - 09:10 PM

Well, I've searched for a bit for Slayer's Disk (In the usual places) and it seems I can't find it. Would anyone like to give me a path within the ftp as to where it is?

Nevermind, found it.

Edited by Veign, 07 November 2004 - 09:42 PM.

#314 rabitoedan

rabitoedan

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 08 November 2004 - 06:32 AM

alright this crap is driving me loopy and whatnot

i've been trying to get my boot disc to boot, but like other it's not. i checked it with isobuster and i'm sure that it's bootable. everything is set up to boot from cd. so i'm thinking that i have to be burning it with the wrong thing.

i'm using nero, but i don't know what to go to in there to burn it with. should it be "burn image to disk" or "makeUDF/ISO disc" or "make bootable disc" or something completely different.

probably a stupid question but i'm just right up frustration lane so please, and any help would make me smile again, thanks

Edited by rabitoedan, 08 November 2004 - 06:33 AM.

#315 Exthero

Exthero

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 63 posts
  • Interests:Xbox v1.0, 1.1, 1.3, 1.4, 1.5, 1.6.<br />they were all &quot;broken&quot; on ebay. One is a Halo edition.
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 08 November 2004 - 02:18 PM

so no one can tell me what the problem is with my xboxhdm 1.9 disc?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users