#31 YoshiKool

YoshiKool

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 641 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 24 July 2004 - 04:10 PM

If your HDD is exploited - then you can get your eeprom from it via configmagic\evox and FTP and put it on an xboxhdm disc. So then there is no need to hotswap - Xboxhdm can figure out the password for itself using your eeprom.

#32 gronne

gronne

X-S X-perience

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 345 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 24 July 2004 - 05:27 PM

QUOTE (YoshiKool @ Jul 24 2004, 05:13 PM)
If your HDD is exploited

You refer to the hdd that's already in the box, right? Not the one I'm gonna switch it to?

In the xbox I've got an exploit running on a 20gb hdd, and I've taken the eeprom to my pc. Now I've bought a 160gb I'll replace it with. Don't I have to use the xbox at all to get the new hdd running? That seems very easy. Am I right about this?

#33 total_ass

total_ass

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,000 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 24 July 2004 - 05:37 PM

no, as a matter of fact the xbox is not required to get your new hard drive running, hotswapping is not necessary at all. Providing you have your eeprom and hard drive backed up to your pc, your pc is all you need biggrin.gif

#34 kingroach

kingroach

X-S Hacker

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,741 posts
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 24 July 2004 - 05:41 PM

if u have ur xbox eeprom.bin then u can prepare new hd without xboxhd, xboxhdm calculates and unlock the hd from eeprom.

u will only need to hotswap if u dont have ur xbox's eeprom so then xboxhdm cannt unlock the hd.

#35 gronne

gronne

X-S X-perience

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 345 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 24 July 2004 - 07:14 PM

WOW. Did ldot come up with this idea by his own?

Anyways, if I follow this guide and put slayers 4920 files in c:\ the xbox will then appear as a new xbox without an exploit right? BTW, don't you have to put anything in E:\?

Or can I change the files so it will be loaded with an exploit right away?

This seems very good.

#36 kingroach

kingroach

X-S Hacker

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,741 posts

Posted 24 July 2004 - 10:53 PM

ya the hd will appear as a regular unexploited hd, u can autometically install UDE with xboxhdm, in the first page there is a link for ldots UDE for xboxhdm topic. if u follows that thread u can install UDE from xboxhdm so it will be exploited.

#37 Ouellette

Ouellette

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 25 July 2004 - 12:30 AM

I am tring to format my f:\ drive through xboxhdm.
In the tut it says to get all files from c:\ in slayers package. and that I need to put them on the xboxhdm cd.

What do I do If my box is already modded by using UDE2, I wouldn't want to copy over my c:\ drive with an exploit that is outdated.

Also, will xboxhdm work with 1.6 K:5838 D:5659?

Thanks

#38 kingroach

kingroach

X-S Hacker

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,741 posts

Posted 25 July 2004 - 12:39 AM

xboxhdm doesnt depend on ur kernel or dash version. if u want to just format the F:\ drive then u dont need slayers disk. just make the iso without slayers C:\ drive files, you only need ur eeprom.bin in the eeprom directory. just boot xboxhdm and then unlock ur hd then format F:\ drive by option "4" after ur format then lock the hd. you dont have to do anything else.

#39 batman00

batman00

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 25 July 2004 - 04:07 AM

i cant find the eeprom where is it located cant find it?

Edited by batman00, 25 July 2004 - 04:08 AM.

#40 kingroach

kingroach

X-S Hacker

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,741 posts

Posted 25 July 2004 - 04:20 AM

it should be in the C:\backup folder if u used evox to backup ur eeprom.

#41 sephiro499

sephiro499

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 155 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 25 July 2004 - 04:55 AM

I am receiving error code 21 and can't unlock my xbox's hd. I have the backup image on my pc hd. How can I get the xbox's eeprom?

#42 kingroach

kingroach

X-S Hacker

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,741 posts

Posted 25 July 2004 - 02:56 PM

what kind of backup you have, if you have the xboxhd.bin or hard drive image by HDD_driver then u can unlock the HD by hotswap and restore the hd.
if you backed up your hd by ftp then you can look into your backup folder, thats where evox dumps eeprom.

#43 chimpanzee

chimpanzee

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,020 posts

Posted 25 July 2004 - 03:09 PM

QUOTE (kingroach @ Jul 25 2004, 03:59 PM)
what kind of backup you have, if you have the xboxhd.bin or hard drive image by HDD_driver then u can unlock the HD by hotswap and restore the hd.
if you backed up your hd by ftp then you can look into your backup folder, thats where evox dumps eeprom.

seems that he didn't have the eeprom.bin nor the password as he use hotswap to do the font installation. This is a no-no now that I am told that hotswap doesn't always work. I believe there must be some BIG WARNING about this and pinned.

#44 kingroach

kingroach

X-S Hacker

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,741 posts

Posted 25 July 2004 - 03:38 PM

if he dont have a eeprom.bin then thats the only way.. all softmodder should backup their eeprom, this is the first thing I did when i softmodded. Hotswap always worked for me but it takes me few tries. just put a original dvd in xbox when the game bootsup and then you go to "press start button to continue" screen the hd should be unlocked.

#45 chimpanzee

chimpanzee

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,020 posts

Posted 25 July 2004 - 03:56 PM

QUOTE (kingroach @ Jul 25 2004, 04:41 PM)
if he dont have a eeprom.bin then thats the only way.. all softmodder should backup their eeprom, this is the first thing I did when i softmodded. Hotswap always worked for me but it takes me few tries. just put a original dvd in xbox when the game bootsup and then you go to "press start button to continue" screen the hd should be unlocked.

that is why I said sofmod the dash through hotswap is a NO NO as there is no way you can get the eeprom before you can run some form of hacked program to retrieve the eeprom in the first place.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users