kingroach

X-S Hacker

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,741 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 26 December 2004 - 04:23 AM

well.. then its your bios.. I guess you are using Evox M8 bios.. use evtool to configure it so that it use 127gb for F drive and rest of the space for G:\ drive and then format G:\ drive with evox/unleashx.

#452 rieze

rieze

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 27 December 2004 - 05:28 PM

I don't know what BIOS I use...bioschecker says I have the retail 5838.1 bios. I used the UXE complete package to softmod my XBOX... My current C looks like this:

fonts <folder>
Xboxdash.xbe

the contents of the fonts folder:

backup <folder>
skin <folder>
bert-generic.xtf
ernie.xtf
evox.ini
evoxdash.xbe
ex.tbn
ex.xbe
nkpatcher.xbe
xbmc.log
xbmc.old.log
XboxMediaCenter.xml (xbmc=defaultdash=situated in E:)

you see there's no bios file in here. Is the bios hidden in one of the programs? maybe in evox or nkpatcher? btw the backup folder contains a bios.bin but this one is unable to open in Evtool...
What do you think? Should I do xboxHDM again but this time with slayers' evox as my C disk? Or should I redo a softmod, but this time using UDE and PBL metoo with Evox M8 edited with EVtool?

#453 kingroach

kingroach

X-S Hacker

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,741 posts

Posted 27 December 2004 - 07:10 PM

oh sorry.. I though you were using evox m8 bios.. tongue.gif If you use Nkpatcher then you have to upgrade Nkpatcher to version 9 or 10.. In version ( they have support for 127gb+ hard drives. Heres quote from Nkpatcher release note:

What's new/fixed (v9):
* oz_paulb LBA48 and partition table support

#454 morningla

morningla

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 30 December 2004 - 12:35 AM

i somehow managed to screw my original xbox HD, but i connected the xbox HD as m y primary on the computer and booted winxp as slave. then i was able to see the correct password for this XBOX HD with lifeinfo and the backup eeprom.

so i got rid of error 6 and my original xbox is locked correctly, but instead of 6, i get error 21 when i power up my xbox. is there something wrong with my fonts files on c:? b/c these are the orginal file from the xbox HD when it was working.

i'm getting the correct pw for my new 250GB hd now and try the same process, see if i get a different result.

does anyone know how to fix error 21 on xbox boot up?

#455 kingroach

kingroach

X-S Hacker

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,741 posts

Posted 30 December 2004 - 03:23 AM

check the contents of C:\ drive.. may be some of them got deleted. Besically it means xboxdash having trouble booting up.

#456 tbone6

tbone6

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 341 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 31 December 2004 - 02:28 AM

I used xboxhdm to create a new 120g hd. I had a softmodded xbox using ltools UDE and I copied over the c and e drives and the eeprom.bin. I put in the new hd and now the front light on xbox flashes green and red alternately. How do I get it to work and load the dash? Was I suppose to copy over the c and e drives with my exploit on them?

#457 DaddyJ

DaddyJ

X-S Messiah

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,919 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:none

Posted 31 December 2004 - 04:16 AM

QUOTE(tbone6 @ Dec 30 2004, 08:59 PM)
I used xboxhdm to create a new 120g hd. I had a softmodded xbox using ltools UDE and I copied over the c and e drives and the eeprom.bin. I put in the new hd and now the front light on xbox flashes green and red alternately. How do I get it to work and load the dash? Was I suppose to copy over the c and e drives with my exploit on them?

View Post

Sounds as if your exploited file were incorrect for your xbox.

#458 morningla

morningla

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 31 December 2004 - 08:31 AM

Hey thanks, you were right, i found my fix. somehow i don't understand why, my original backup wasn't able to load up on the new HD properly. I used a minimal barebone clean version of UDE2 files. Transfered them into my HD with xboxhdm and poof, the new evox came up with no error. Now only problem is that Original DVD won't load right off the bat. Keeps booting into evox dash instead of the movie. but that is not a major concern. time to send some stuff to my new hd!

#459 tbone6

tbone6

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 31 December 2004 - 07:07 PM

QUOTE(DaddyJ @ Dec 31 2004, 04:47 AM)
Sounds as if your exploited file were incorrect for your xbox.

View Post

What do you mean by that? The exploit was working fine on my original hd, and I just copied all of c and e over to create the xboxhdm iso disc. What should I do to get it working?

#460 Donch

Donch

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 73 posts

Posted 31 December 2004 - 07:36 PM

great tut king roach very easy to understand. the problem i have is as follows

i soft modded my box backed it up but didnt ftp the back up to my comp i mistakenly unlocked my xbox and rebooted it so now i get error 5. is there way to extract the eeprom.bin ?
i tried re modding it again with no luck. if there isnt a way to extract the eeprom is there another way to get my box running again ?

Edited by Donch, 31 December 2004 - 07:46 PM.

#461 tbone6

tbone6

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 31 December 2004 - 07:53 PM

I was just comparing the files on my xboxhdm boot cd and the backup files from my working xbox hd, and it seems that two files (atleast) from c didn't get copied onto the boot cd somehow. It seems that xbox.bak and dualboot.xbe didn't get copied over. Could this be why the new hd isn't working, or is it something else?

#462 kingroach

kingroach

X-S Hacker

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,741 posts

Posted 31 December 2004 - 08:11 PM

Keeps booting into evox dash instead of the movie. but that is not a major concern. time to send some stuff to my new hd!

its in evox.ini. there is a option called autoboot dvd games, set that to yes. And if u talking about dvd movies then you need to point a media player in evox.ini.

It seems that xbox.bak and dualboot.xbe didn't get copied over. Could this be why the new hd isn't working, or is it something else?

yes, I assume when u selected the option to rebuild C:\ and E:\ drive, xboxhdm just copied the original files. U can just manually copy the files and u will be ok.

i soft modded my box backed it up but didnt ftp the back up to my comp i mistakenly unlocked my xbox and rebooted it so now i get error 5. is there way to extract the eeprom.bin ?

there is but might be little complicated. easiest way is if any of your friends have a modchip then just plug the hdd into modded xbox and backup the eeprom and lock the hard drive.

otherwise only other way in my mind is, get a live linux cd. knoppix is good and you dont need to know any command lines (http://www.knoppix.net). boot the cd and put xbox hard drive in primary or master slot of hdd ide cable ( depends on your computers settings). Now when you boot the cd, you will see two hard drives, one is your xbox hd and one is your original pc drive. Just copy the eeprom from xbox hd to pc hd.

However I never tried thsi method but this should work. I dont know if xboxhdm can mount two hdd at once since I never tried similar thing.

Edited by kingroach, 31 December 2004 - 08:12 PM.

#463 tbone6

tbone6

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 31 December 2004 - 08:22 PM

I assume I'm going to have to make a new xboxhdm boot disc that has those two files on it this time correct? Is there any way to put those 2 files on the hd now that's it's formatted? How would I manually copy them over? Or will I have to wipe the hd and rebuild from scratch again?

Edited by tbone6, 31 December 2004 - 08:27 PM.

#464 morningla

morningla

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 01 January 2005 - 12:03 AM

kingroach:

Keeps booting into evox dash instead of the movie. but that is not a major concern. time to send some stuff to my new hd!

its in evox.ini. there is a option called autoboot dvd games, set that to yes. And if u talking about dvd movies then you need to point a media player in evox.ini.
-----
Ya dvd games work, i want original DVD movies to play right away like a retail XBOX and like DVD players. is that still possible? or is it impossible b/c my m$ dash is gone.

All i have in my C: is fonts folder and xboxdash.xbe

You mention i should point my evox.ini to a media player, i dont want XBMP/XBMC to auto play original dvd movies. What does the retail XBOX use to play movies? can i put that back in?

TBONE6:

I had similar problems, it's not those 2 missing files that's giving you a problem. What can solve your problem is download UDE2 or UXE packages. they have the basic C files you need. remake an iso with those file, it's fairly small <20mb. then rebuild the whole HD again.

Then remember to lock your HD before you can boot it in xbox. Once evox boot, then u can ftp and transfer all your files back.

#465 kingroach

kingroach

X-S Hacker

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,741 posts

Posted 01 January 2005 - 12:22 AM

if you have the dvd dongle then original xbox dash will play the dvd fine. If you dont have a dongle then there is "Gueux Dvd Player" . its not a media player like xbmc, it just play dvd with full menu support. If you cannt boot original MS Dash then just patch/hex it to work with fonts file in different dir.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users