#511 Donch

Donch

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 73 posts

Posted 06 January 2005 - 02:13 AM

QUOTE(DaddyJ @ Jan 6 2005, 02:22 AM)
Sounds as to me, that the floppy is formatted in a linux partition, reformat the floppy in windows, and when you mount the floppy drive in linux, make sure you specify the FAT filesystem type.

Then copy the eeprom.bin to it, and then windows should be able to see it.

Not sure on the exact syntax, but something along the line of this

mount -t FAT /dev/fd /mnt/fd

Do a little more research on this.

View Post

i am using windows, the floppy should be formatted in windows as it has a file from windows on it (19KB) i wanted to know if i had to mount the floppy drive when i am in xboxhdm because i tried to copy to floppy and it didnt work i tried to copy the file a few time a few different ways with no luck .

#512 DaddyJ

DaddyJ

X-S Messiah

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,919 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:none

Posted 06 January 2005 - 02:14 AM

I dont think xboxhdm automounts the floppy. You will have to do it manually.

#513 Donch

Donch

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 73 posts

Posted 06 January 2005 - 02:24 AM

QUOTE(DaddyJ @ Jan 6 2005, 02:45 AM)
I dont think xboxhdm automounts the floppy. You will have to do it manually.

View Post

so i would use the command: mount -t FAT /dev/fd /mnt/fd ?? and where/when would i type it in ?

Edited by Donch, 06 January 2005 - 02:25 AM.

#514 Lippuzz

Lippuzz

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 52 posts

Posted 06 January 2005 - 02:47 AM

just say i only have a xbox without a HD. I just bought a HD and now i wanna put that in my HD-less xbox and directly softmod it. How do i do this?

do i need to connect my clean HD onto my PC and boot with the CD

#515 animatt

animatt

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 88 posts

Posted 06 January 2005 - 03:02 AM

Hello I was just having an issue with what was stated a few posts ago(I believe on page 34). Have a xboxhdm disk with all exploited files copied(entire C and E drive). When ftping over my e: and c: drives to make the disc, I noticed that there are font files in I believe it was partion Z:

So I am thinking without these font files on C: drive I will have problems making the new hard drive, because when new drive is created with this xboxhdm load up they will see the exploits and the try to link to the font files on :Z:" which are not there.

Can any one address the problem? I know I could use clone hdd function but would be nice to get one DVD disc set up to do it all, have all apps and everything setup. Thanks for anyhelp you guys can offer.

Edited by animatt, 06 January 2005 - 03:07 AM.

#516 Lippuzz

Lippuzz

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 52 posts

Posted 06 January 2005 - 03:11 AM

did you ftp on your unmodded xbox? or is your xbox modded? just wanted to know that...

#517 animatt

animatt

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 88 posts

Posted 06 January 2005 - 03:24 AM

My xbox is already modded, and I have avaluanch and XBMC installed. Not sure if they store anything on z: partion, but was thinking of putting contents of Z: into the F folder for xboxhdm . Then make a new hard from the disc and possible use the file manager to move files from the f: on cd or dvd back to hard drive z: only thing is I am not sure if the file manager shows those partions. I guess I am going to have to try it out. I will let you know what I find out if anything.

As for you Lippuzz you will need the eeprom that accompanies the motherboard, you can make a disc from scratch as long as you have the eeprom. You get this from a modded xbox with first hard drive. THen you ftp to get it. SO if you manage to have the eeprom around for what ever reason you are in good shape. YOu will have to hook new hard drive to a computer first and run xboxhdm which should include that eeprom you have. Follow instructions for making the disc.
Depending how you set up the disc, but first command should be option1 followed by "xboxhd" followed by option #1. Then can vary from there.

But if you do not have eeprom then I think it is useless. I think you need a mod chip to make motherboard useable again

#518 animatt

animatt

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 88 posts

Posted 06 January 2005 - 03:30 AM

Just tried copying Z: files via FTP and will not work for .ttf files. Not sure if softmod protects these. Well I am still going to experiment anyone know something that might be useful, I am all ears.

#519 Lippuzz

Lippuzz

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 52 posts

Posted 06 January 2005 - 03:40 AM

lucky me i also have a modded xbox biggrin.gif

do you know if i also need UDE or UXE?

(finally i get some good help, thanks man!)

#520 animatt

animatt

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 88 posts

Posted 06 January 2005 - 03:46 AM

IS your Xbox modded with a chip? IF it is, it should be very easy. Just let me know and I will go into what I know

Edited by animatt, 06 January 2005 - 03:46 AM.

#521 Lippuzz

Lippuzz

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 52 posts

Posted 06 January 2005 - 03:52 AM

i got one chipped modded xbox with a big HD. But i got another xbox which i wanna softmod and putt in a big HD (with xboxhdm)

#522 animatt

animatt

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 88 posts

Posted 06 January 2005 - 04:01 AM

The one you want to add it into has no hdd? correct. If so you need the eeprom that is related to that motherboard. Each motherboard/ hard drive pair have a specific eeprom that they deal with. You can not use the eeprom that you get from your modded box and use it with the softmodded one. IF you do not have the eeprom already from the one without the hdd then I see only 2 options and that depends on how good you are with a soldering iron. YOu can store to eeprom that you have from your chipped xbox, and take the chip of that xbox and turn that one into the softmodded one, and move the chip over to the one with out the hard drive, or just buy a whole new chip entirely and chip the new one. either you do it or have someone else do it. I personally do not have soldering skills yet to do a mod chip. I did manage to fix the chipped xbox I had that wire came loose and resolder a few points but, getting off track. I hope you understand. IF your xbox the one you want to softmod is still in operational condition, plays games and boots up fine, then you can still get the eeprom from the harddrive.

AS for actually process of moving and possible flashing mod chip, I have no idea about that

Edited by animatt, 06 January 2005 - 04:03 AM.

#523 Lippuzz

Lippuzz

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 52 posts

Posted 06 January 2005 - 04:04 AM

well, i have a HD for the other XBOX, only iam am not wanna use that one. Since that once isn't modded adn stuff. i though maybe i could directly softmod it with the new HD. a unmodded xbox doesn't have an eeprom, right?

#524 animatt

animatt

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 88 posts

Posted 06 January 2005 - 04:29 AM

THis is all how I understand it, not sure it totally accurate, but I have softmodded 5 boxes so far and have not gone wrong.

That is correct that the unmodded box does not have an eeprom on it, you still need the drive.

Basically as I understand it the eeprom is on the motherboard. It is used to lock and unlock the hard drive. YOu need to set up the hard drive so it will unlock when the motherboard sends a signal out. SO bascially there are two ways to go. You can use a game save exploit to gain access to the xbox with ftp. The kind where you need the original game disc and a memory card.

Then I think you generate eeprom with evox. Not really sure, I have never used this method.

Then the other method is hotswapping. Since the small hard drive is locked, the one to the box you need to mod, you need to unlock it. SO you put back into the xbox, then you boot up. The motherboard sends a signal and unlocks the drive for you. THis unlocking is like a time lock and will relock the drive after you power off. Since this happens no need for eeprom yet. But after you unlock it, you will have a computer near by. THen start computer with xboxhdm in the dvd drive. As you start the computer quickly remove the ide cable from the xbox hard drive, be sure to still keep power connected. NExt connect it to the primary ide controller on the computer. Since the drive was unlocked you can now manipulate files on the hard drive via the bootcd. you will choose first option on the screen that loads. Then you will come to another prompt. This time you will install either UDe or UDX. I can not remember what the exactly limitations are, but if in doubt go with UDX that should work with all xboxes.

You will type some thing like "ude -udx" at the command prompt. this should bring you to somewhat automated process. In this process you will make a backup of C drive, this will be used later. this installs the exploit and also generates an eeprom file on the e drive of xbox hard drive. Now go through it all till you reach a command prompt again. Now you can poweroff the pc and hook xbox drive back to xbox. now you should boot up to some program either evox or mxm. Depending on what your answers were when moding.

Now ftp to the xbox and save the entire backup_linix folder. Extract contents of the compressed file c to the C folder of the new xboxhdm disc you will have to make. Also move the epprom to its folder. Make the disc. Now go hook empty drive to pc. with new xboxhdm disc in boot 1st option then type "xboxhd" then option 1 to format after all formatting you will come to a prompt again. exit with option 8. Next type command used before with orignal hard drive. something like "ude -udx" after this you will have a fully setup hard drive except it will not be locked. You did not have to lock the other drive because it locked itself back up.

Reboot pc. Boot disc again, but this time chose #3 . lock with linux.
next type "lockhd -a" this will automatically locked the drive with correct infor since the eeprom is in proper location. now put in and should work.

#525 animatt

animatt

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 88 posts

Posted 06 January 2005 - 04:31 AM

Some one just verify my description if you would. I will help tomorrow if needed. I am going to bed

Edited by animatt, 06 January 2005 - 04:32 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users