2105 replies to this topic

#601 phishfood1128

phishfood1128

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 01 February 2005 - 09:24 AM

question, i burned an img of xboxhdm onto a cd-r and booted it up. It booted fine...however, i would type in xbrowser, all of a sudden it would say "searching hda/??? searching hdb/???" until the end and then it says it cant load linux cd. Now i looked at the faq for xboxhdm, and i then proceeded to change linux.boot (or on my computer, isolinux.boot) to boot.cat. After doing this, the disc wont even boot up to the option menu.....any suggestions on how to get this to work? am i missing any files?

#602 phishfood1128

phishfood1128

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 01 February 2005 - 03:49 PM

i hate to beg but my last post went unnoticed, and i really need some help.....please....with a cherry on top?

#603 kingroach

kingroach

X-S Hacker

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,741 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 01 February 2005 - 05:35 PM

is you hard drives unlocked?.. dont bother with boot.cat thing.. your iso is fine.

#604 phishfood1128

phishfood1128

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 01 February 2005 - 06:05 PM

thank god, the person i was hoping for...
um i am not sure if my hd is locked or not. I tried unlocking and locking (even though i dont have my eeprom, i am just trying to get uxe on my xbox) and it doesnt go through. It will say "how to get password ???" or something of the sort. Is there a way to check if my hdd is unlocked?

#605 neomits

neomits

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 02 February 2005 - 01:49 AM

I'm running into a problem. I was softmodding my friend's xbox and got to the cloning part of the new hd fine. It cloned and everything and I went ahead and locked it with the password it generated. I tried sticking that in the xbox but was getting error code 06. I think I may have used the wrong eeprom, no biggy, I wrote down the code I used to lock it I can just unlock it and get the correct lock code. Right?

Well now hdunlock.exe is not recognizing the harddrive. It keep saying there is not HD on the primary master when there is?! It's being recognized in my bios but none of hdtools say its connected?

Whats wrong? Help!?!

#606 kingroach

kingroach

X-S Hacker

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,741 posts

Posted 02 February 2005 - 05:21 AM

thank god, the person i was hoping for...
um i am not sure if my hd is locked or not. I tried unlocking and locking (even though i dont have my eeprom, i am just trying to get uxe on my xbox) and it doesnt go through. It will say "how to get password ???" or something of the sort. Is there a way to check if my hdd is unlocked?

yap.. your hard drive is locked.. you can check "the art of hotswapping" thread. but a quick way to unlock hard drive is, copy a track in you xbox, play teh track for a few secs and then do teh hotswap.

@neomits

unlock teh drive with same xboxhdm cd. go to option "3" and type "unlockhd -a".

#607 phishfood1128

phishfood1128

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 02 February 2005 - 06:03 AM

QUOTE(kingroach @ Feb 1 2005, 10:27 PM)
yap.. your hard drive is locked.. you can check "the art of hotswapping" thread. but a quick way to unlock hard drive is, copy a track in you xbox, play teh track for a few secs and then do teh hotswap.

how exactly do i copy a track on my xbox? do i need a special program or is it as easy as putting an audio cd in my xbox and push a button?

would my hard drive being locked also cause this problem?

the live cd linux distro will load from the cdrom to the boot screen, then i can get into option 1 or 2 (vga/text) Then i proceed to type in "xbrowser". and then it proceeds:
Looking for CD-ROM in /dev/hda
Looking for CD-ROM in /dev/hdb
Looking for CD-ROM in /dev/hdc
((all the way down to /dev/hdt))
Linux CD not found! Insert it and try again.....

Thats the error every time. My Xbox hdd js connected to my primary master, jumper set to cable select, my cdrom is connected to secondary master, jumper set to cable select, the cdrom is in /dev/hdc but it wont get recognized

i know thats a lot to put on you but i appreciate your help immensely

#608 neomits

neomits

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 02 February 2005 - 06:29 AM

QUOTE(phishfood1128 @ Feb 2 2005, 05:09 AM)
how exactly do i copy a track on  my xbox? do i need a special program or is it as easy as putting an audio cd in my xbox and push a button?

would my hard drive being locked also cause this problem?

the  live cd linux distro will load from the cdrom to the boot screen, then i can get into option 1 or 2 (vga/text) Then i proceed to type in "xbrowser". and then it proceeds:
Looking for CD-ROM in /dev/hda
Looking for CD-ROM in /dev/hdb
Looking for CD-ROM in /dev/hdc
((all the way down to /dev/hdt))
Linux CD not found! Insert it and try again.....

Thats the error every time. My Xbox hdd js connected to my primary master, jumper set to cable select, my cdrom is connected to secondary master, jumper set to cable select, the cdrom is in /dev/hdc but it wont get recognized
i know thats a lot to put on you but i appreciate your help immensely

View Post

thats actually the same exact error I'm getting when I try to do what kingroach just recommended

#609 phishfood1128

phishfood1128

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 02 February 2005 - 07:03 AM

there is actually too much info on modding that it is confusing. I have read that you need to set both your cdrom and hdd as masters via jumper cable meanwhile 5 minutes later you hear that they have to both be set on cable select. I dont know which way is up, just got to do trial and error,

but this problem me and you share is a pain

#610 kingroach

kingroach

X-S Hacker

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,741 posts

Posted 02 February 2005 - 03:16 PM

hmm.. yes there is too much info out there.. so try this:

put teh cd-rom/dvd-rom in primary slave. when you put the cd-rom in primary slave, make sure the cd-rom jumper is set to cable select or slave. Use the exactlt same power cable thats normally used to power the cd/dvd-rom.

Put xbox-hd in primary master.

you can copy a track by just putting a audio cd and use xboxdash.

Once I had this problem ( linux cd not found), and the computer I used was a HP-Pavillon computer so i ont know if thats the same as to you. But, I used teh above procedure and it was O.K.

#611 animatt

animatt

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 88 posts

Posted 02 February 2005 - 05:03 PM

quick question.

What is the master password to unlock a hd locked by xboxhdm.

I thought it was XBOXSCENE , but that gives me an error saying that the password should be less than 64 charachters and also be an even number of characters. Any help would be great. I have a pile of eeproms and hate to go through them to see which one I used to lock my hdd.

#612 jimjom

jimjom

X-S Freak

• Last Chance
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,240 posts
  • Interests:4 8 15 16 23 42
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 02 February 2005 - 05:10 PM

What is the master password to unlock a hd locked by xboxhdm?

Is it TEAMASSEMBLY ??

#613 cmiz

cmiz

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,149 posts

Posted 02 February 2005 - 07:32 PM

XBOXSCENE

#614 animatt

animatt

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 88 posts

Posted 02 February 2005 - 07:47 PM

yeah that is what I thought. I typed this line in

unlockhd -p 'XBOXSCENE' - this just gave me errors. I used option 3, not sure if I need to use option 4 with dos prompt to used the password.

I also tried 'Xboxscene'

niether worked, not sure what the issue was, I am just going to keep all my drives unlocked where I can.

but I just burnt a few discs with the eeproms I had around. Luckily I found it after try #2.

by the way CMIZ. Loving that signature of yours

Edited by animatt, 02 February 2005 - 07:49 PM.

#615 cmiz

cmiz

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,149 posts

Posted 02 February 2005 - 08:36 PM

it's not your password....it's your master password....they're different.

use atapwd.exe, supposedly that is what you're supposed to use with the master password in order to unlock the drive. (i've never actually needed to do it before so i don't really have more info). you got it open though? good.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users