#706 Silent Assassin88

Silent Assassin88

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 67 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 26 February 2005 - 12:24 AM

So will the new hdd use the same eeprom as the stock?

#707 kingroach

kingroach

X-S Hacker

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,741 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 26 February 2005 - 12:34 AM

yes.. the same eeprom..

#708 DaddyJ

DaddyJ

X-S Messiah

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,919 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:none

Posted 26 February 2005 - 12:35 AM

QUOTE(Silent Assassin88 @ Feb 25 2005, 06:30 PM)
So will the new hdd use the same eeprom as the stock?

View Post

Yeah the eeprom is xbox specific, not hard drive specific. Althou different hd's will have different locking keys. But any hd locked with your eeprom correctly, will work in your xbox.

#709 Silent Assassin88

Silent Assassin88

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 67 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 26 February 2005 - 12:40 AM

Ok. I think im ready to make my hdd now.

Thanks for your help.

#710 Waka

Waka

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 26 February 2005 - 09:07 PM

This is a 'copy one xbox hd to bigger xbox harddisk' question cool.gif

I've got an xbox with an Xecuter3 chip - I've unlocked the 200GB hd that's been in there for a while and put it in my pc with a 300GB hd which I've initialsed on my xbox and also unlocked.

I've burned xboxhmd v1.9 and my c and e drives from my original hard disk onto a cd.
I've managed to boot ok and have copied my c and e partitions to my new disk...but I can't see the new 300GB in xbrowser when I have them both in my pc simultaneously.

Looking at the devices hda is my main disk, but I don't know what to do to get stuff onto my new disk - which I think is hdb.

Any ideas please?

Thanks,
W.

#711 kingroach

kingroach

X-S Hacker

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,741 posts

Posted 27 February 2005 - 02:51 AM

so you are trying to copy files from 200gb HD to 300gb right?.. and you formatted the 300gb HD and 200gb hd is in "Primary Slave" or "hdb"..

now to mount it use the following command:

when you boot to xboxhdm, in default "option 1" and you see a screen where it says you to type "xboxhd" or "xbrowser".. in that window type:

CODE
mkdir /mnt/hdb/ (press enter and you should see a new line, now type)

mount -t fatx /dev/hdb /mnt/hdb/ or

mount /dev/hdb /mnt/hdb/

next, when you go to xbrowser, go up directory and then go to /mnt/ directory and the /hdb/ directory and there you will see your old drive.

Otherwise, you can also use "Norton Ghost" to clone your 200gb HD to 300gb HD. Then boot into xboxhdm and go to option 3 and lock the image..

#712 xsetmexafirex

xsetmexafirex

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 28 February 2005 - 01:54 AM

Ok i got my new 120 gb up and running...but i noitced a few things. I copied all my files off my c and e off my stock hdd to the burnt iso (xboxhdfm). but when I run my new 120 it wont load halo2 well does but when you push start the game freezes, has problems ftping roms, and wont boot up doa2u i even burnt the games on dvdr and it wont load. and when i put the stock back in...everything runs smoothly. should I just try to copy the stock with xboxhdfm? Also you do need to unlock the hdd to copy it as well I assume. And i also noticed....that my 120 isnt running Ltools v 1.8 when you leave the tray open...its mxm I believe. It says "safe mode 007:internal font" I'm also running evox +3935.

Edited by xsetmexafirex, 28 February 2005 - 01:55 AM.

#713 kingroach

kingroach

X-S Hacker

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,741 posts

Posted 28 February 2005 - 02:21 AM

First try clearing cache ( E;\cache, any contents in X, Y and Z drive)..if that doesnt solve the problem then try formatting E drive with a dash like unleahsx or evox?.. run and dash, then format it and then ftp back all the E drive data without restarting the xbox..

once I had this problem in a modded xbox ( couldnt run NBA 2K5 and clearing cache solved teh problem)..

#714 Nale

Nale

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 01 March 2005 - 12:36 AM

I burned Xboxhdm to CD properly. It will boot just fine, but I am having trouble at the main screen I'll type 1 and hit enter. The screen will have on it

Loading /isolinux/fatximage....................
Loading initrd.gz.................................................
Ready.
Uncompressing Linux.......(something here that goes by quick)

Just after Uncompressing Linux comes up my computer will reboot. I've tried it on 2 different computers and the same thing happens. What could be the problem?

Edited by Nale, 01 March 2005 - 12:40 AM.

#715 DaddyJ

DaddyJ

X-S Messiah

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,919 posts

Posted 01 March 2005 - 12:41 AM

QUOTE(Nale @ Feb 28 2005, 06:42 PM)
I burned Xboxhdm to CD properly.  It will boot just fine, but I am having trouble at the main screen I'll type 1 and hit enter.  The screen will have on it

Loading /isolinux/fatximage....................
Loading initrd.gz.................................................
Ready.
Uncompressing Linux.......(something here I have never seen)

Just after Uncompressing Linux comes up my computer will reboot.  I've tried it on 2 different computers and the same thing happens.  Is it the Disk?

View Post

In my experience, This can be resolved by turning the hd auto detecion to off, and setting them as none. Also booting option 2 has been known to help.

there is also a thread on howto setup xboxhdm in a failsafe mode that also helps.

#716 Waka

Waka

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 01 March 2005 - 03:06 PM

@kingroach
thanks very much for the reply.

unfortunately I did it the slow way in the end - I missed your reply :-(...
200Gb in xbox, 300GB in pc - ftp xbox stuff to pc
put 200GB in pc, format to fat32 and copy files from 300GB to 200GB
put 300GB in xbox and initialise (format/partition)
ftp stuff from 200Gb in pc to to 300GB in xbox

not recommended...it took over 24 hours to ftp one way...and I had to do it twice!

I'm not sure I'll ever need to do this again, but if I do, I'll read here first!

Thanks again,
W.

PS is there a way to have two hard disks in an xbox, I suppose I could have copied them that way - with a program like boxexplorer?

#717 DaddyJ

DaddyJ

X-S Messiah

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,919 posts

Posted 01 March 2005 - 04:06 PM

QUOTE(Waka)
PS is there a way to have two hard disks in an xbox, I suppose I could have copied them that way - with a program like boxexplorer?

View Post

Not operating both @ the same time there isnt, but you can operate one @ a time.

#718 hamburglar111

hamburglar111

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 01 March 2005 - 06:30 PM

Okay, tried to do a few searches, but I'm currently on a slow connection, so sorry if this has already been asked. I've softmodded about six 'boxes, but never upgraded the hdd. I'm trying to upgrade my hard drive on a v1.1 Xbox.

A few questions...

<li>
<ul>What is contained in Slayer's Disk? Couldn't I technically use my C drive backup made before installing the exploit to get a hdd with the original xbox files, and then reinstall the exploit using a gamesave, or does Slayer's disk automatically add the exploit? Is Slayer's Disk kernal/dash specific, or will it autodetect? You also had Firef**kers disk on there...is that necessary? I didn't see that anywhere else in the tutorial.
<ul>Do I need to unlock my new hdd by placing it in the xbox and turning on the xbox? Or can I just place it in my PC and start xboxhdm? I thought this was just for hotswapping the drive previously in the xbox.

That's all...just need to clear a few things up...

Thanks guys.

#719 hamburglar111

hamburglar111

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 01 March 2005 - 06:31 PM

Okay, tried to do a few searches, but I'm currently on a slow connection, so sorry if this has already been asked. I've softmodded about six 'boxes, but never upgraded the hdd. I'm trying to upgrade my hard drive on a v1.1 Xbox.

A few questions...

What is contained in Slayer's Disk? Couldn't I technically use my C drive backup made before installing the exploit to get a hdd with the original xbox files, and then reinstall the exploit using a gamesave, or does Slayer's disk automatically add the exploit? Is Slayer's Disk kernal/dash specific, or will it autodetect? You also had Firef**kers disk on there...is that necessary? I didn't see that anywhere else in the tutorial. Do I need to unlock my new hdd by placing it in the xbox and turning on the xbox? Or can I just place it in my PC and start xboxhdm? I thought this was just for hotswapping the drive previously in the xbox.

Thanks guys.

#720 hamburglar111

hamburglar111

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 01 March 2005 - 06:32 PM

A few questions...

What is contained in Slayer's Disk? Couldn't I technically use my C drive backup made before installing the exploit to get a hdd with the original xbox files, and then reinstall the exploit using a gamesave, or does Slayer's disk automatically add the exploit? Is Slayer's Disk kernal/dash specific, or will it autodetect? You also had Firef**kers disk on there...is that necessary? I didn't see that anywhere else in the tutorial. Do I need to unlock my new hdd by placing it in the xbox and turning on the xbox? Or can I just place it in my PC and start xboxhdm? I thought this was just for hotswapping the drive previously in the xbox.

Thanks guys.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users