#61 chimpanzee

chimpanzee

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,020 posts

Posted 29 July 2004 - 01:30 PM

QUOTE (ldots @ Jul 29 2004, 01:41 PM)
Come to think of it I believe the current hacked bioses only allow the F+G scheme to let F take up to 137Gb and G the rest or to let F take it all. Dont think you can let F be 80 Gb and G the rest.

Um, Assuming I have the initial 10G HD which has a 2G F:. Now if I clone this to a new one with say 120G, The FAT would still contain the 2G info making the rest assigned as F: but no way to be accessed.

#62 ldots

ldots

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 29 July 2004 - 02:10 PM

That's correct.

A fatx partition/filesystem editor could be made, but I dont think it exists yet.

#63 big_pimping25

big_pimping25

X-S Senior Member

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 30 July 2004 - 07:24 AM

Guy wish me good luck,im going to try to build a hdd from scratch with a new wd1200bb hdd,im nervous as hell i cant even sleep.

#64 EthanHunt_IMF

EthanHunt_IMF

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 30 July 2004 - 07:41 AM

if you're using xboxhd it should be a piece of cake and when you're done you are gonna wonder what you were nervous about.

#65 Ja RUle Sux 666

Ja RUle Sux 666

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 31 July 2004 - 12:19 AM

were do i get the Slayers Disk 2.5 final file?

#66 kingroach

kingroach

X-S Hacker

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,741 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 31 July 2004 - 01:06 AM

read this post on how to get slayers disk:

http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=117478

and if dont want to go through all the readings then visit this irc channel:

irc://snoop.burghcom.com/slaYers and type !installer and press enter to get slayers disk 2.5 final.

Edited by kingroach, 31 July 2004 - 01:09 AM.

#67 Ja RUle Sux 666

Ja RUle Sux 666

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 31 July 2004 - 02:54 AM

how do i get my eeprom.bin from x box?

#68 EthanHunt_IMF

EthanHunt_IMF

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 31 July 2004 - 03:12 AM

configmagic for <v1.5 if you have a v1.6 box use evox

Edit: You can use evox or all of them if you have it installed already.

Edited by EthanHunt_IMF, 31 July 2004 - 03:13 AM.

#69 MihueLoco

MihueLoco

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 01 August 2004 - 04:42 AM

what is this slayers disc 2.5???

and where can i get it?

#70 kingroach

kingroach

X-S Hacker

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,741 posts

Posted 01 August 2004 - 05:06 AM

slayers disk a iso image taht contains apps, games, roms, emulators and xbox dashboard version 4920. if you have xbox version les than 53xx then u need this when u rebuild ur C:\ drive. if you have kernel version more than 53xx that doesnt allow downgraded pre live 2.0 dashboard then u need 5659.03 dasboard. Firefuckers x-disk contains 5659.03 dashboard. look for at my previous post on how to get slayers disk 2.5.

#71 gronne

gronne

X-S X-perience

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 345 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 01 August 2004 - 08:35 PM

I ran xboxhdm and tried to unlock the hd with option 6 but nothing happened after the hd info was shown, it was still locked, and it didn't matter how many times I tried it. I did put the eeprom.ini in it's folder so unless something was wrong with the eeprom I don't know. Then I tried running option 3 "locking/unloking" and i ran "unlockhd -a" and it claimed it was unlocked, but when I locked it it said it had changed password to xboxscene and I thought everything was nice but from the info it said that the security was enabled but security locked said no, does that mean it didn't re-lock? Am I in the shit then or what?

Edit: I reboot the whole thing and ran option 6 again and at least now it said it was security locked. But why does it refuse to work? It's an old 20gb that I've installed UDE on. But now I tried it as a guinea pig instead of the 160gb I will try it on later.

With the 3:rd option "locking/unlocking" is it possible to unlock it there and then start up xboxhd and do the installs I want and somehow go back to option 3 so I can lock it again. Or maybe I can run option 6 then, and it will lock it?

Edited by gronne, 01 August 2004 - 08:53 PM.

#72 gronne

gronne

X-S X-perience

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 345 posts

Posted 01 August 2004 - 09:51 PM

please reply someone. I took the 160gb and ran xboxhdm only to see if it was locked(it has never been used), but it wasn't locked. If I would choose install from scratch and all worked do I choose option 6 then and it will lock? But I don't want to try it on the 160gb first as it's not my stuffs, so if anyone knows how what might be wrong when I did it on my 20gb. Please tell.

#73 kingroach

kingroach

X-S Hacker

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,741 posts

Posted 01 August 2004 - 10:16 PM

you dont lock with option 6 and the file is eeprom.bin not eeprom.ini. are you sure you had the right file in eeprom folder?

xboxhdm sets a secondery password when it locks the hd and that is 'xboxscene' so later if you forget the hd passord or lost ur eeprom.bin then you can recover the hd by unlocking with password 'xboxscene".

With the 3:rd option "locking/unlocking" is it possible to unlock it there and then start up xboxhd and do the installs I want and somehow go back to option 3 so I can lock it again. Or maybe I can run option 6 then, and it will lock it?

exactly thats what you do, first u go to option "3" and unlock the hd, then you build ur hd, install F:\ drive and everything. After you finish your work then you go back to option "3" again and lock the hard drive.

#74 gronne

gronne

X-S X-perience

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 345 posts

Posted 01 August 2004 - 10:35 PM

No, sorry, of course I mean eeprom.bin(I've been working with lots of ini-files lately so I was writing w/o thinking).
Ok, that sounds good, but say I unlock the drive and go into xboxhd, and perform the actions I need, what do I write to come back to option 3, so I can lock it again? because if the pc restarts when the drive is unlocked it's broken, right? I'm VERY cautious.

#75 kingroach

kingroach

X-S Hacker

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,741 posts

Posted 01 August 2004 - 10:39 PM

when it will format the f;\ drive pc will autometically restart and go back to main menu. but you are safe as you have the eeprom.bin. Some people experienced freezeup after restarting but its a BIOS issue ( as Ldots said). but as long as you have ur eeprom you are safe.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users