#856 daviddu54

daviddu54

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b

Posted 23 April 2005 - 06:29 AM

hello

i will translate initrd in french , how i cant edit them?
i have trying with notepad ,but i have "kernel panik" error and freeze sad.gif

thanks for your help

#857 kingroach

kingroach

X-S Hacker

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,741 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 23 April 2005 - 02:19 PM

QUOTE(davidcooper375 @ Apr 16 2005, 11:03 AM)
when i tried 2 rebuild the xbox hard drive after unlocking it, after unlocking it n disabling hard drive lock when i try to get past the screen where you answer yes/no i get access denide? why?

View Post

The error was because xboxhdm cannt unlock the HD. you are probably using a wrong eeprom or password... check if that is the eeprom from your xbox..

will translate initrd in french , how i cant edit them?
i have trying with notepad ,but i have "kernel panik" error and freeze

Are you using linux?.. make sure that you have "root" access to hard drive nad you CHMOD the files right..

#858 daviddu54

daviddu54

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b

Posted 24 April 2005 - 07:49 AM

thanks for your answere kingroach

no i dont have linux on my computer,only windows xp home
if i good understand,i must install linux system on my computer and send initrd in root folder? right?
cant you give more details for proced?

Edited by daviddu54, 24 April 2005 - 07:52 AM.

#859 Wingman21

Wingman21

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 24 April 2005 - 04:32 PM

I got a problem! xboxhdm sees my drive when I hotswap but cant find any xbox partitions when I type xbrowser !!! Is it because the drive is still locked, because I thought a locked drive wouldnt even be seen by xboxhdm uhh.gif !!??

#860 kingroach

kingroach

X-S Hacker

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,741 posts

Posted 24 April 2005 - 05:37 PM

@daviddu54,

you dont necessarily need to install linux .. I do a lot of linux task and I am running linux in vmware.. but yah.. you need to have linux either way..

if you are new to linux then you need to learn about "initrd" images and how to make and modify them.. First, you need to mount the initrd file in linux.. after you mount that .. you will be able to see the contents inside and there will be teh scripts.. you need to open the scripts in text editor and translate them.. Theres a lots of processes so you need to research online a bit..

what I mean by root access is that "administartor" access.. in linux "root" means "admin" so you will have all the rights..

@Wingman21,

yes, xboxhdm can see the hd even if its locked.. but it wont be able to access it.. To unlock your hd easily.. copy a music track in you xbox.. in xbox dashboard, play it for 10-15 secs.. then "pause" the track and do hotswap.. always works for me..

#861 Wingman21

Wingman21

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 24 April 2005 - 06:34 PM

QUOTE(kingroach @ Apr 24 2005, 04:43 PM)
@Wingman21,

yes, xboxhdm can see the hd even if its locked.. but it wont be able to access it.. To unlock your hd easily.. copy a music track in you xbox.. in xbox dashboard, play it for 10-15 secs.. then "pause" the track and do hotswap.. always works for me..

View Post

Thanks bro... Ill try that out.
But now I got a new problem. I made myself a testing new HD with xboxhdm, and Im trying to attach it just like when hotswapping, (at the first xboxhdm menu), but linux doesnt detect it. In order for linux to detect it I must connect it before powering up my PC. So my question is: WHEN should I connect the hotswapped xbox hd during the booting process of my PC !? I start it and hit pause ?

#862 kingroach

kingroach

X-S Hacker

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,741 posts

Posted 24 April 2005 - 07:03 PM

you start and hiy pause so it will hang in black boot screen.. then you attach teh hd and hit shif or enter ..or you can connect the hotswapped hd and start the computer.. one of them will work..

#863 Wingman21

Wingman21

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 24 April 2005 - 07:19 PM

QUOTE(kingroach @ Apr 24 2005, 06:09 PM)
you start and hiy pause so it will hang in black boot screen.. then you attach teh hd and hit shif or enter ..or you can connect the hotswapped hd and start the computer.. one of them will work..

View Post

Are 100% sure you can start the PC after plugging the xbox HD !? Wouldnt that relock it or something !?

#864 jfoster1234

jfoster1234

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 24 April 2005 - 11:15 PM

i heard that using the backup feature in evo-x when you have pheonix bios loader on your xbox produces the wrong eeprom. is this also true for nkpatcher?

#865 kingroach

kingroach

X-S Hacker

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,741 posts

Posted 24 April 2005 - 11:32 PM

not true.. recently I modde my friends 1.6 xbox.. backed up the eeprom with evox and it works.. however you will get wrong eeprom if in Nkpatcher .. there is virtual eeprom enabled.. you can get eeprom from both evox and unleasx and compare them..

#866 Wingman21

Wingman21

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 24 April 2005 - 11:36 PM

QUOTE(Wingman21 @ Apr 24 2005, 06:25 PM)
Are 100% sure you can start the PC after plugging the xbox HD !? Wouldnt that relock it or something !?

View Post

Bump for my question... smile.gif

#867 kingroach

kingroach

X-S Hacker

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,741 posts

Posted 24 April 2005 - 11:51 PM

why dont try and find out?.. answer is no.. it doesnt xbox-hd and pc is independent of each other..but it may also depend on your computers bios.. I have seen atleast two computers that doesnt work is your turn on pc after plugging in teh HD but works if you hit pause and plug teh Hd.. however in my PC both works..

#868 jfoster1234

jfoster1234

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 24 April 2005 - 11:57 PM

so should i just use config magic to get my eeprom?

#869 kingroach

kingroach

X-S Hacker

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,741 posts

Posted 25 April 2005 - 12:02 AM

both will work.. if you use configmagic.. make sure you are using the latest build..

#870 rc3105

rc3105

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 April 2005 - 12:02 AM

linux doesn't use the bios to access the drive, so disabling the primary ide interface in the bios (instead of just turning off autodetect) allows some systems to boot without issuing the reset that triggers drive relock

some system bios options truly disable controllers such that linux can't even see 'em, ymmv

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users