• Please log in to reply
2105 replies to this topic

#961 chris_cornell

chris_cornell

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 26 May 2005 - 12:27 AM

Hello, i already change a lot of hds, but this give me some particular problem. I do the step of always, its a samsung SP1203N of 120g. Everything works! but when i turn on the xbox i noticed that only displays 23g free in drive F: and i read in the back of the hard drive that says Limit capacyty to 32g. what happend? i do something wrong? help me somebody

#962 kingroach

kingroach

X-S Hacker

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,741 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 26 May 2005 - 02:52 AM

QUOTE(chris_cornell @ May 26 2005, 01:38 AM)
Hello, i already change a lot of hds, but this give me some particular problem.  I do the step of always, its a samsung SP1203N of 120g.  Everything works! but when i turn on the xbox i noticed that only displays 23g free in drive F:  and i read in the back of the hard drive that says Limit capacyty to 32g.  what happend? i do something wrong? help me somebody

View Post

8g( for xbox) + 28g (F drive) = 31g

#963 Cio

Cio

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,377 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 26 May 2005 - 10:47 AM

You prob adjusted a jumper to set the limited capacity, set the jumper right and try again

#964 boxr0xor

boxr0xor

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 59 posts

Posted 26 May 2005 - 05:54 PM

This being my first experience with xbhdm, I wanted to be as safe as possible. I used the locking method with auto floppy backup and everything seemed to go just fine. What is strange is that the auto-saved password file ended up in the root of the floppy and not in the folder 'input' or 'logs'. The file contained the password: 'XBOXSCENE0'. Is there supposed to be a zero on the end of the pass? I thought the master pass was set to use 'XBOXSCENE'! Also strange, the file in the logs directory, HDDPW, was empty! It does show the correct HDpass in the input folder, though.

I have tried to unlock my drive and now I cannot. I have tried copying the hddpw file to all directories on the floppy and inputting the code manually many different ways with NO luck!

Can anybody make sense of this and possibly help me recover my drive?

#965 Insane33

Insane33

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 101 posts

Posted 26 May 2005 - 07:52 PM

ok i have a 20gig drive i wanna oput it and when i boot up it says erro8 on my xbox is this because i didint make a f drive and my xbox is like wtf???????.....or is it some other reason????? PLZ help !!!!!!!!!!!!!

#966 kingroach

kingroach

X-S Hacker

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,741 posts

Posted 26 May 2005 - 08:02 PM

@boxr0xor

unlcok with youe eeprom.. put eeprom in cd or in floppy and type unlockhd -a

@insane,

its not the F drive.. it means xbox cannt find the hd.. I remember you also had error 9 before.. may be theres something wrong with your IDE cable..

#967 Insane33

Insane33

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 101 posts

Posted 26 May 2005 - 08:16 PM

QUOTE(kingroach @ May 26 2005, 04:13 PM)
@boxr0xor

@insane,

its not the F drive.. it means xbox cannt find the hd.. I remember you also had error 9 before.. may be theres something wrong with your IDE cable..

View Post

Diferent xbox this time.....

also the new hardrive should beable to run off the xbox power suppl;y right?

Edited by Insane33, 26 May 2005 - 08:17 PM.

#968 Insane33

Insane33

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 101 posts

Posted 26 May 2005 - 08:36 PM

Oh and it runs the stock drive fine..........and this is not the same drive i tryed to use last time ither.....

#969 HAMDAWG

HAMDAWG

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 247 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 26 May 2005 - 08:38 PM

just a quick question, i just got a new hard drive for a softmodded box. i'm used to upgrading hdd with a chip but obviously cant this time around. this whole xboxhdm seems pretty solid. can i just stick my brandnew harddrive (for the xbox) into my pc and build it there, as long as i have have access to the back up folder provided by evox.

#970 boxr0xor

boxr0xor

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 59 posts

Posted 27 May 2005 - 01:34 AM

QUOTE(kingroach @ May 26 2005, 03:13 PM)
@boxr0xor

Kingroach, I have tried that already with no luck. It is the same eeprom from the boot cd(in the eeprom folder) that the drive was locked with.

I cant figure out why this is. I dont care too much if I lose the drive, its an old fujitsu 6.5GB. I am using it to learn xbhdm before I tackle my 160GB Maxtor. If I cant unlock the Fujitsu, I am afraid the same will happen to the Maxtor. I would like to figure this problem out and find out what I did exactly to cause this drive to stay locked before I venture any further with my 160.

Edited by boxr0xor, 27 May 2005 - 01:36 AM.

#971 kingroach

kingroach

X-S Hacker

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,741 posts

Posted 27 May 2005 - 03:06 AM

@HAMDAWG,

yah.. as long as you have the eeprom.bin

@boxr0xor,

you can also unlock with atapwd. Boot to option "4". and type atapwd. there type master password "XBOXSCENE"

@Insane33,

error means xbox cannt find hard drive.. check teh IDE pins if they are broken..

#972 boxr0xor

boxr0xor

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 59 posts

Posted 27 May 2005 - 03:59 AM

QUOTE(kingroach @ May 26 2005, 10:17 PM)
@boxr0xor,

you can also unlock with atapwd. Boot to option "4". and type atapwd. there type master password "XBOXSCENE"

Thanks for the reply Kingroach. Unfortunately that doesnt do the trick either. I think I have tried all the usual ways to unlock. Here is what I get when booting to the HD utils from a floppy disk:

....after license....
-InitDiskError reading partition table drive 00 sector0 press F8 to trace or F5 to skip CONFIG.SY
Welcome to freedos...
A:\>

(Then when I try: unlockhd -a.....)

HDD Serial: xxxx
HDD Model: xxxx
HDD Key: xxxx
HDD Password from EEPROM: xxxxxxx
--------------------------
detecting drive status......
serial xxx
firmware xxx
model xxx
security supported - yes
enabled - yes
locked - yes
frozen - no
count expired - no

It is still locked!! mad.gif All the info is correct including the hdd password from eeprom as I verified this with other programs and from my xbox. Why wont it unlock? Could it be because it is not detecting an xbox partition table? There was one on there. I formatted it copied over c and e drives from cd and then locked with the eeprom.

#973 kingroach

kingroach

X-S Hacker

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,741 posts

Posted 27 May 2005 - 04:07 AM

blink.gif .. your hd isnt frozen so it should works.. you can alos try unlocking with unlockxx from option "4" or use unlockhd -p [password]..

#974 boxr0xor

boxr0xor

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 59 posts

Posted 27 May 2005 - 05:47 AM

under option #4 in unlockx it says drive is lockable and is locked! When I try to unlock it it says Drive #1 will not unlock.

Using unlockhd -p or -a or -f the program goes through the motions and says it tried to unlock the drive and to check with unlockx or atapwd. When I check in either program it shows locked!

#975 boxr0xor

boxr0xor

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 59 posts

Posted 27 May 2005 - 03:26 PM

When using a previously use pc HDD (with a windows XP os on it) for the xbox, do I need to format the drive before I can build a new drive in xbhdm?

Will xbhdm format the drive and partition it as necessary?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users