• Please log in to reply
2105 replies to this topic

#1051 Sivik

Sivik

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 30 June 2005 - 01:40 AM

Ok, I guess I was wrong. I did as the instructions say and the main interface popped up but when I hit 1 or any number it loads two files and restarts, I try it again and it does the same thing. What could be wrong?

#1052 kingroach

kingroach

X-S Hacker

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,741 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 30 June 2005 - 03:30 AM

what interface do you get?.. softmdo menu or the xboxhdm boot menu?..

edit: no you dont put sminstaller and inintrd file in linuc>c folder.. you put initrd file in linux>isolinux folder and you put sminstaller in linux folder..

Edited by kingroach, 30 June 2005 - 03:32 AM.

#1053 Sivik

Sivik

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 30 June 2005 - 03:51 AM

I just get the main boot screen, I dont even get to the softmod. It's the very beginning screen.

#1054 manttel

manttel

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 July 2005 - 08:05 AM

Hi everybody, i`m new here.

After reading all the posts in this topic i found the question i have but because i wasn`t able to find the answer iŽll ask again:

i have a softmoded xbox and i wanted a new hdd. i bought a new 120Gb maxtor hdd, i made the tutorial and made the hdd with the option "Build a new Xbox HD from scratch" with the boot disk i made with my eeprom file, my C drive files and my E drive files. Then i put it on my xbox and it worked perfectly, now i have a F: drive with 109 Gb. Then when i tried to play, the games freezes when i try to load a previously saved game. I tried for example with Forza and the disc loads but when i have to choose the profile to play, the game freezes. so i restart my xbox, and create a new profile and all works perfectly but again, if i restart my xbox and try to play with the recently created profile the game freezes when it tries to load the saved game. i have tried with other games and it happends the same thing. Anybody can help me? thx.

PD: wow, thx kingroach for all your help. this topic begans a year ago and i thought that you will not be here after that time. really, really, thx, you have help a lot of people biggrin.gif And of course, thx to all of you that keeps this alive.

Edited by manttel, 01 July 2005 - 08:07 AM.

#1055 da_shatterer

da_shatterer

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 01 July 2005 - 05:12 PM

I just finished using xboxhdm to create a new xbox hd that I'm planning on installing a soft mod on. However, I'm not sure if it locked or not. I choose to build a new hard drive from scratch and it went through all the steps including copying the c and e directories. Does the program lock the hard drive automatically as long as the eeprom file is on the disc (which I did)? Or, do I have to go through an additional step to lock the hard drive? Btw, I did choose the option do create a floppy with lock/unlock features but I have no idea what is on the disc nor how to use it. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

#1056 manttel

manttel

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 July 2005 - 05:19 PM

when i made my hdd from scratch i didn`t lock the hdd specifically, i thought that the software do it by itself after formating and copied the c and e drivers using the eeprom file. i put it on my xbox and it works so i think that the software lock automatically the hdd. if i`m wrong please tell me.

and by the way, anybody knows why i can`t load previously saved games in my new hdd???

#1057 kingroach

kingroach

X-S Hacker

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,741 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 01 July 2005 - 05:40 PM

you need to back up everything from E drive.. format it with evox or unleashx and ftp back in everything..

#1058 manttel

manttel

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 July 2005 - 07:19 PM

i`m going to try that. the problem is not the games saved in my old xbox disk. is when i try to save a game (a profile, a level passed, etc) to play later, then i restart my xbox and when i try to load the saved game to continue in the level where i am, it freezes.

#1059 manttel

manttel

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 July 2005 - 02:07 AM

ya, now at least forza is working i`ll try more games tonight but it looks good, thx so much.

#1060 reicad NL

reicad NL

X-S Young Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 02 July 2005 - 09:40 AM

if I understand it good then I must get my Pc harddrive out of there and my xbox harddrive out of my box and then my xbox harddrive must go in the pc

and then I need to boot from cd on my pc

???? dry.gif

#1061 manttel

manttel

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 July 2005 - 08:22 PM

Basically, yes because the boot disk works from a pc. it`s recommended to disconnect your pc hdd because you don`t want to format it accidentally. if you want to install a bigger hdd in your xbox you don`t have to put your original xbox hdd in your pc because you only need the eeprom.bin file from your xbox hdd that you can transfer using FTP to you pc, and with the program you can prepare the new one.

#1062 danielwhillis

danielwhillis

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 03 July 2005 - 04:54 AM

got a problem..my hd is locked, i don't have my eeprom, and i don't have an a drive...i can't get xboxhdm to load..i guess i am burning it wrong..i just go into nero, load, and burn...then i put the xbox hd into the pc and try to boot...do the hd and cd rom need to be on same IDE...plz help

#1063 planescapeman

planescapeman

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 03 July 2005 - 05:15 AM

i posted this in another thread, but maybe i can get luckier here. here goes all of my messages from that thread.....

i went through the xboxhdm process of rebuilding my drive using a backup eeprom that i had. i had (i think so anyway) successfully unlocked and relocked my hard drive. i had a message indicating my new master password was ŽxboxsceneŽ (im confused on the master password thing.) i also had a message line saying that i had security enabled = yes. but...another message line showing security lock = no. so...what gives? after rebuilding the c partition (i think) successfully with xboxhdm and uxe i then relocked the drive and shutdown. i then powered up the xbox again only to see that the damn eject button was blinking red again. is this indicative of an error 16 message again? i had no monitor to see if the xbox was booting properly or not. im assuming, though, i have a problem still cos of the red blinking.

plugged the xbox into the tv. it shows error 21 now. any idea?

by the way, i have a version 1.6 box...if this makes any bit of difference.

i read the tutorial more than once and i dont recall anything about copying the e folder over. i thought the e folder was designated for games. i thought all one needed was the c folder and a few others (when using xboxhdm with uxe). anyhow, how do u manually copy individual folders over usig xboxhdm? i thought the process was automatic using respective options. maybe i missed something here. i suppose i could have done a few things wrong, but i thought i followd the tutorial pretty well and with care. and....one last thing. i thought hotswapping was different than simply rebuilding a hard drive using xboxhdm. correct me if im wrong. i sure could use kingroaches help on this one sice he does seem to be the master of the process. any ideas? still waiting eagerly.

sorry for the long post. any ideas?

#1064 reicad NL

reicad NL

X-S Young Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 03 July 2005 - 12:22 PM

I changed my eeprom but I did it wrong with locking and unlocking but I diddent know that so I ftp to my box and then I deleted my evox dash so I can't load evox or the M$ dash and slayers auto installer say's that I have an unlock error now I need to lock it with xboxhdmbuth what eeprom do I need to set in the file of xboxhdm the first one or the new one >>> who doesn't work<<<

#1065 wolverine2005

wolverine2005

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 July 2005 - 01:39 PM

HI Kingroach, i have read your manual and downloaded the following

1. Xboxhdm V1.9
2. Slayer's Evox Auto Installer Final.iso
3. UXEDM-1.2

Now i have few questions reference to your tutorial, which is very explanative but am getting doubts at some basic points....need help smile.gif

1. In step 4 you have mentioned to copy Xbox'x eeprom to linux eeprom folder, but how is this possible without even connecting to the Xbox HD?

2. Considering i hotswap my Xbox HD with my PC, how do i take backup of the C: drive as i donot have my PC HD disconnected??

3. I was going through teh Slayer's manual, it has an option to take backup of Xbox original files and saves it in C:\backup....now can i do that without hotswapping and formatting the HD?

4. will Slayer's Auto installer suffice all requirements like installing dashboard, apps etc. then is there no need for using the UDE?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users