X-S Hacker

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,741 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 20 July 2005 - 04:07 AM

QUOTE(ppd10526 @ Jul 20 2005, 05:05 AM)
So you mean plug the ethernet cable in the back and then just keep on rebooting the system? I am also stuck in clock loop error.

View Post

exactly.. but it will depend on what font you are using.. if you are using bigfonts and bert_and earnie reloaded and you will eventuallt get out of loop.

#1112 ppd10526

ppd10526

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 20 July 2005 - 04:08 AM

oh, so it will only work if you had done a softmod that works with fonts?

#1113 kingroach

kingroach

X-S Hacker

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,741 posts

Posted 20 July 2005 - 04:14 AM

well you can always try.. leave it open and let it reboot and wait 5-20 mins.. shoudl be fine.

#1114 ppd10526

ppd10526

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 20 July 2005 - 04:32 AM

Ok, when you say leave it open, you mean leave the connection to the internet open or leave the ethernet slot empty? I am thinking more of a connection to the internet or the computer open.

#1115 rocketx13

rocketx13

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 July 2005 - 06:25 AM

Thanks kingroach.. Somehow something got misnamed.. I copied the files over with xbrowser and it worked like a charm..

#1116 DarkAssasin

DarkAssasin

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 21 July 2005 - 05:02 AM

yea will that still work. i really messed up my softmod and i dont have a dash (or it has been renemed) so i was wondering if this network cable thing will work

#1117 Left_Nut

Left_Nut

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 July 2005 - 03:13 AM

Hi!

I have been "lurking" for a while and have succesfully "waffletooled" my Xbox.

Unfortunately, my files got corrupted on the C drive and now the Xbox won't load ANY dashboard. As typical, it still at least plays regular xbox games. That being said, I have tried a newish Xbox game and tried to install the ms live dashboard.
NO GO! I also tried rerunning the exploit via a gamesave. Nada.

So, I want to use xboxhdm to restore my xbox to retail condition. I originally backed up, via FTP, the contents of my C drive. I made the mistake of NOT backing up the eprom (UGGG!). So, it looks like a hotswap is in my future.

YET......I HAVE A QUESTION...

If I were to use the xboxhdm boot cd, would I compile it with original contents of my C drive? By this I mean, I would put my backup in the "/linux/C/" folder before I compile the xboxhdm CD...right??

Thanks for any help!

Nut

#1118 Left_Nut

Left_Nut

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 July 2005 - 04:52 PM

QUOTE(Left_Nut @ Jul 24 2005, 11:24 PM)
Hi!

I have been "lurking" for a while and have succesfully "waffletooled" my Xbox.

Unfortunately, my files got corrupted on the C drive and now the Xbox won't load ANY dashboard. As typical, it still at least plays regular xbox games. That being said, I have tried a newish Xbox game and tried to install the ms live dashboard.
NO GO! I also tried rerunning the exploit via a gamesave. Nada.

So, I want to use xboxhdm to restore my xbox to retail condition. I originally backed up, via FTP, the contents of my C drive. I made the mistake of NOT backing up the eprom (UGGG!). So, it looks like a hotswap is in my future.

YET......I HAVE A QUESTION...

If I were to use the xboxhdm boot cd, would I compile it with original contents of my C drive? By this I mean, I would put my backup in the "/linux/C/" folder before I compile the xboxhdm CD...right??

Thanks for any help!

Nut

View Post

I got my answer by doing a little more digging around here. I will tell you this, these are NOT the easiest forums to find your answers. sad.gif
There is SOOOO much information to sift through. But, it is there. It took me a couple days to compile the information I needed and how it related to my specific 1.4 Xbox. I guess I could have used Google to make my searching easier. Anyone have any tips on searching these forums? Anyhoo.....

I went ahead and created the Xboxhdm cd with the UXE exploit (After I setup the UXE exploit font files and Nkpather files with the bath files built into UXE) in both the C and E folders. When I finally hotswapped and unlocked my drive (Took about 10 tries blink.gif ) I then used HDM to wipe and install the contents of the Xbox's C folder with the UXE C folder. I then used the file manager (xplorer??) to copy the files from the UXE E folder to the Xbox E folder. Rechecked everything, rebooted.... NO MORE FRAG! YES! biggrin.gif

Thanks for the great tool!

Nut

#1119 kingroach

kingroach

X-S Hacker

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,741 posts

Posted 26 July 2005 - 04:55 PM

yes.. there is much information.. and many of them are old so it gets kinda messy.. Make sure to backup teh eeprom so that in future you wont have to hotswap if anything happens..

#1120 Left_Nut

Left_Nut

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 July 2005 - 04:00 AM

QUOTE(kingroach @ Jul 26 2005, 01:06 PM)
yes.. there is much information.. and many of them are old so it gets kinda messy.. Make sure to backup teh eeprom so that in future you wont have to hotswap if anything happens..

View Post

Great advice! That is THE first thing that I did. That way, if I want to redo my Xbox, plug'er in and wham...done.

BTW, I couldn't believe how fast the mod went after I got it hooked up to xboxhdm. Very nice.

I used a neat trick to get my Xbox to unlock. I went into Splinter cell, chose "load game" and then a gamesave, after that it brings you to a screen where you can sellect different places to start from. At that point, since I KNEW the hard drive HAD to be unlocked, I unplugged it and plugged in the PC. Flawless. Worked really well. Now I want to put a big hard drive in it!!! ;-)

Thanks!

#1121 unlucky fooker

unlucky fooker

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 22 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 29 July 2005 - 01:27 AM

HELP please. I've tried multiple times without burning a succesful disc. Can some one help me out with how I would burn my iso so that it boots when I start my computer?

#1122 Left_Nut

Left_Nut

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 July 2005 - 02:30 AM

QUOTE(unlucky fooker @ Jul 28 2005, 09:38 PM)
HELP please. I've tried multiple times without burning a succesful disc. Can some one help me out with how I would burn my iso so that it boots when I start my computer?

View Post

Use clone XB. Works everytime! Also, make sure you have your bios (On your PC) setup so it boots from your CD/DVD drive BEFORE it tries booting from the hard drive.

Nut

#1123 unlucky fooker

unlucky fooker

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 22 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 29 July 2005 - 04:46 AM

Alright so I got it to work, built the drive from scratch, and then locked the drive, placed it in the xbox, started the xbox, and then I recieved error code 6. Can anybody help me from here?

Oh ya and by the way I tried unlocking the hard drive.... didn't work.

#1124 kingroach

kingroach

X-S Hacker

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,741 posts

Posted 29 July 2005 - 04:56 AM

The locking didnt work.. unlock the drive in DOS mode ( option 4). Type atapwd and type master password "XBOXSCENE". then lock it again.

#1125 Rattboi

Rattboi

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 29 July 2005 - 05:09 AM

Good day,

I've been trying to follow this thread for some time, and I think I have a pretty good understanding of how things work, but I've yet to get my hands dirty and try softmodding. I actually don't even have an xbox, but my friend does, and he wants me to mod it.

The thing I don't understand is how I can get the eeprom.bin file from a virgin xbox w/ only the hotswapping? And if I can't, can I still unlock/lock the xbox's hd?

Other than this, I think I understand everything else.

Thank you for your time,
Rattboi

Edited by Rattboi, 29 July 2005 - 05:15 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users