Noctvm

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 21 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 17 October 2005 - 11:29 PM

First of all... Great Guide, very helpful wink.gif

Now, there's a question I need to ask, but I'll expose my case first...

I have a 120Gb HD (unlocked) that I've been using with a modchip, it has a lot of info in... now my modchip is dying and I need to softmod and lock the HD.

I belive that I only need to get my Xbox to boot with the modchip, install the exploit (with an autoinstaller) in my 120G HD and proceed to do this:

LOCK/UNLOCK YOUR HD:

After you boot to xboxhdm choose "3"(Boot linux with locking/unlocking utilities).

You will see this screen:

user posted image

write "lockhd" or "unlockhd" and press enter to lock or unlock you hard drive. make sure you have eeprom.bin in linux>eeprom folder.

And the question is: Am I doing it right? huh.gif

PS 1: If this question has been asked before, im sorry... It's just that it is physicly impossible to read all 80 pages tongue.gif

PS 2: Sorry if I wrote something wrong, I dont type in English often smile.gif

#1202 tonybee720

tonybee720

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 October 2005 - 12:16 AM

Hey great guide. I followed it to the T. I installed the new 120gig into my xbox and it booted up just fine. I was back into my old dashboard like everything was the same, cept i had 112 gig free.

I turned off the xbox, screwed it back together, and now when it boots, i get a blinking red light with no audio/video. The same thing also happens when i put my old drive in.

I have a Xenium chip, and i can boot the the chip's OS. Then when i choose EvoX from the launch menu, no audio/video and a RED blinking LED. sux...

The drive is not locked, and when i try to lock it, it says 'aborting...'

It also says drive isnt frozen. Is my xbox fried??? if so what caused it? Do certain things get hardcoded onto the MOBO that wont allow certain changes...?

At this point im ready to get another xbox, cuz i cant figure a way to fix this problem.

any help is greatly appreciated.

#1203 kingroach

kingroach

X-S Hacker

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,741 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 18 October 2005 - 12:50 AM

@Noctvm,

You dont need xboxhdm at all.. first install softmod.. After softmod is done.. make sure its working good.. then run evox.. in teh system menu it has option to lock har drive.. use the option to lock hard drive.. its much easier that way..

@tonybee720, what kind of error number you get in your TV?..

#1204 tonybee720

tonybee720

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 October 2005 - 02:18 AM

There is no audio or video going to the TV and the XBOX is still powered on.

I have seen most errors and have looked though the forums and found lists of what the errors mean.

I can see the Xenium OS just fine, and the leds are working, but when i try to load a Dashboard like Evo or Ava screen disappears and the Eject LED blinks red. Through the Xenium OS i can FTP to the HD, which has all standard files, I just added the dashboard, etc onto the drive.

If the MOBO detects a change in hardware, does it kill itself?

#1205 Noctvm

Noctvm

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 21 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 18 October 2005 - 02:20 AM

QUOTE(kingroach @ Oct 18 2005, 02:01 AM)
@Noctvm,

You dont need xboxhdm at all.. first install softmod.. After softmod is done.. make sure its working good.. then run evox.. in teh system menu it has option to lock har drive.. use the option to lock hard drive.. its much easier that way..

View Post

Makes sense jester.gif

Tnx for replying wink.gif

Edited by Noctvm, 18 October 2005 - 02:21 AM.

#1206 tonybee720

tonybee720

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 October 2005 - 02:37 AM

what happens if u try and run a softmod with an unlocked HD?

#1207 kingroach

kingroach

X-S Hacker

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,741 posts

Posted 18 October 2005 - 02:56 AM

you get and error 06 if you run a unlocked hd with softmod. and no, mobo doesnt kill itself.. so you are saying you cannt boot even with modchip enabled?

#1208 tonybee720

tonybee720

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 October 2005 - 02:59 AM

Yeah. My chip is enabled, which goes to the Xenium OS, then when i launch a dashboard, the chip's led which changes to a certain color, changes color, and then the XBOX LED blinks red. Then there is nothing on my TV, it's getting no signal. I have looked everywhere for somebody getting the same problem but no luck.

thanks for replying.

#1209 kingroach

kingroach

X-S Hacker

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,741 posts

Posted 18 October 2005 - 03:14 AM

I would say its more a chip/hardware problem.. Go to the chip forum.. ask what to do.. it happens with any chips.. its called fragging.. If sometimes one of the cables in modchip connector gets loose or tears then this happens..

#1210 tonybee720

tonybee720

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 October 2005 - 04:50 AM

thanks for your help.

http://www.x111.com/...opic.php?t=1951

this is what i am trying now...just need to find a patched cromwell bios and addeeprom

#1211 rockyx

rockyx

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 October 2005 - 06:23 PM

Okay I have a new xbox standard 8 gig hd off of ebay that just needs to be locked, any tuts or tips on how to do it. My funds are limited and i am skittish about doing this since i cant afford to go get another one. Any help would be great.

#1212 tyreseonline

tyreseonline

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 October 2005 - 11:12 PM

I just want to clarify something - *Yes I'm a NooB* *No, i'm not scared of computers, i'm a computer techie, who works with linux and windows, day in, day out, and I sure as hell ain't scared of no boot CD!!!*

I have a 40GB hard drive, that I'm not using for anything - I have an Xbox coming to me, which I got off ebay, that has a broken DVD drive. My plan is this.....

Create the boot CD using XboxHDM

Boot one of my spare computers with the CD in, and the drive in the primary master
Format the drive with the appropriate partitions
Copy across the appropriate softmods
Lock the HD
Wait for delivery of my new *broke* xbox
Stick in the new hard drive
Turn it on - and enjoy the evolution dashboard

This will be my first Xbox - Are there any holes in my plan?

#1213 kingroach

kingroach

X-S Hacker

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,741 posts

Posted 18 October 2005 - 11:21 PM

@rockyx,

do you have ahard drive lock key or something for that xbox?.. without a lock key or eeprom you cannt lock the hard drive.

@tyreseonline,

unfortunately thre is hole in you plan.. smile.gif every xbox has different eeprom and different hd lock key.. you need to lock the hard drive with that particular xbox's eeprom otherwise it wont work.

#1214 rockyx

rockyx

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 October 2005 - 11:46 PM

Not to sound like a complete noob but whats a hard drive lock key

#1215 rockyx

rockyx

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 October 2005 - 11:51 PM

kingroach the point i am at now is i have a hd that just needs locking, i have no key or eprom, where am i going from here, i am ok with computersjust skitttish about pooching this drive and would appreciate any help

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users