kingroach

X-S Hacker

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,741 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 24 November 2005 - 04:53 AM

I suppose that disk is for modchipped xbox.. if you want to add a bigger hd then you will need xboxhdm to lock the hard drive after cretion.

@buckload,

first softmod the hd , ftp back everything from E drive and format the E drive. otherwise try deleting everything in E expect TDATA/UDATA

#1262 nads15

nads15

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 November 2005 - 08:52 AM

so what if my original xbox hdd is unlocked and i dont have the password or anything. is theyre anyway of locking it? or am i screwed? i accidently unlocked it with config magic and for got to lock it again. help me out bro. huh.gif

Edited by nads15, 24 November 2005 - 08:52 AM.

#1263 Fafhrd

Fafhrd

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 24 November 2005 - 12:33 PM

Ok, I have read through the first 40 pages or so of this thread, more than 40 still to go but I have a question.

I have the stock 8gb hd with UDE softmod. I have a 160gb hd on order, and will be using XBHDM when it arrives, probably use the "build xbox hd from scratch" option.

When I copy the contents of my C and E drives (and eprom) on to the CD and load it onto the 160gb hd are you saying that XBHDM will not copy the softmodded files contained on the CD on to the new 160gb drive? XBHDM will only copy original XBOX C files? It will not copy the softmod?

If this is true then I need unmodded C files to make a stock xbox hd (stock except for 160 gb with an f drive) and then load up UDE with a memory card and Mech Assault game again? This can't be right?

Some posts suggest it will copy the softmod fine, others suggest using the file browser in XBHDM to place the softmod back into C. If I try and put modded C files on makeisowinbat CD to copy to new HD it will not work?

#1264 kingroach

kingroach

X-S Hacker

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,741 posts

Posted 24 November 2005 - 07:00 PM

it will copy softmodded files.. sometimes it doesnt copy xboxdash.xbe.. so after building the HD, just go to xbrowser and check if it copied xboxdash.xbe in C:\. is its there and you are fine..

@nads15,

did you ever backupeed eeprom?.. then maybe you can recover that from unlocked hd.. otherwise you will need a modchip.

#1265 Fafhrd

Fafhrd

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 24 November 2005 - 08:16 PM

OK thank you kingroach.

Another question I am not clear about. I am getting ready to burn my ISO. I unpacked the xbhdm download and in the folder "xbhdm" there is a folder "linux". Inside "linux" are empty C, E, and eprom folders. I ftp'd my xbox's files to those corresponding folders. Do I just leave those folders there, or do I need to move them down one more level into the "isolinux" folder to get them on the CD?

#1266 kingroach

kingroach

X-S Hacker

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,741 posts

Posted 24 November 2005 - 08:32 PM

no leave them how they are..

#1267 Fafhrd

Fafhrd

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 24 November 2005 - 08:37 PM

Thanks again. Now I just need to figure out my PC bios and the IDE cable thing. I'm running one SATA hd on my PC, my mobo has IDE connnection and I have IDE cables. Don't know if it will let me run a SATA hd and an IDE hd at the same time.

#1268 Bubbalynch

Bubbalynch

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 382 posts
  • Interests:Gaming Consoles, PC's, Electronics, Music, Movies, Sports ect.
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 30 November 2005 - 03:42 AM

Ok so will this rebuild a retail Xbox HDD that wont boot up any dash what so ever and actually has the soft modd which got fucked becuase of the old M$ Dash that was on it. I have successfully unlocked the drive with the Hot Swap method. But it wont read any disc i throw at it, retail game or auto boot discs (AID,SID, Xbox Retail Restore Cd ect..) and no dash what so ever will boot. Gives me Error codes 13, 16, 21 and some others depends on what i try to get it to do. But basically thats all it does is give me the damn error screens.

Soft Modding is great, but dont make the same mistake i did and try soft modding with the old M$ dash, hell i didnt make a back up or anything i think im screwed. So will this actually work?? Thanks in advance. smile.gif

-Bubbalynch

#1269 thawat

thawat

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 30 November 2005 - 06:59 PM

hello, this is a great little technic and i try it. the problem is that i formated my retail HDD and lost the EEPROM and evrything else with no back up. Is there a way i could unlock HDD? i try using other eeprom with your intruction but it won't let me rebuild HDD from scatch. help.

#1270 kingroach

kingroach

X-S Hacker

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,741 posts

Posted 30 November 2005 - 07:21 PM

you could try hotswapping.. Theres a tutorial about it few threads down.

#1271 DWells55

DWells55

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 156 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 01 December 2005 - 04:27 PM

I just want to thanks for the fantastic tutorial. It was pretty much self explanatory, but it was nice having a tutorial to go to just in case. I now have a 100GB HDD working perfectly in my Xbox. Still on the default dash, I just need to install Krayzie's UXE...

#1272 MikeEtoo

MikeEtoo

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 December 2005 - 09:47 PM

Hi All,

Great tutor! I read through the part about cloning a hard drive. So, I decided to clone my soft Modded 250GB HD to a 300GB HD. I got it all hooked up just like the tutor. I ran the program and got to the part where it tell you to go have a beer because it will take awhile. In the tutor it says that a stock drive takes 1 hour and a 120GB drive takes 2-3 hours. So far copying my full 250GB HD to a 300GB has been taking 30 hour and 30 beers later and it is still not complete. Does it take this long or do I have a problem ( I know I have a drinking problem) ? I know in the tutor is says that there is no indication of progress but does it tell you when it is done? Please help because I'm running out of beer.

#1273 Fafhrd

Fafhrd

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 02 December 2005 - 01:29 AM

I got my softmodded xbox upgraded with a 160GB hard drive now thanks to ldots program and this thread by king roach, Thanks!

The only problem I had was when I first tried to do it I started with choosing option "6)generate HD key".
xbhdm said it couldn't find an eeprom. I finally determined the problem to be that I used the eeprom from the configmagic backup which is named "eeprombackup", it needed to be renamed to just "eeprom" for xbhdm to see it. Burned a new disc and everything went perfect! That's my .02 cents that might help someone else out.

#1274 kingroach

kingroach

X-S Hacker

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,741 posts

Posted 02 December 2005 - 01:37 AM

mikeetoo, its probably done.. it shoudlnt take more tahn 6 hour.. restart the computer, lock the hard drive and boot into xbox.

@Fafhrd.. thnx for the tip.. I never use configmagic but for those who use.. might be handy.. I wonder may be thats why few people get no eeprom found error with xboxhdm..

#1275 hempy

hempy

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 02 December 2005 - 04:39 PM

I went through the whole harddrive swapping process about a year ago, but I have since had to relearn most of the info... the problem I'm having now is that I can't seem to get any of my HDM cd's to boot. Ive tried different slave/master settings, IDE cable placement, even having everything disconnected but the cd drive...but it still gives me a "Primary master fails" which I almost always expect, and my new best friend: "Boot disk failed Insert system disk and press enter" or something of the like. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users