kingroach

X-S Hacker

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,741 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 30 December 2005 - 04:25 AM

ya.. it will skip the eeprom check.. you can boot a dvd with a chip on and create a new hd.

#1352 joeblow420

joeblow420

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 117 posts

Posted 30 December 2005 - 10:08 AM

heya guys, hows the holidays goin'? hopfully allsgood in your hoods...well I just had a few Q's ..I am lookin to get a bigger hdd for my box...20-40gig for now..I can follow most all the instructions I have been reading here , but I am wondering a few things..First I will tell ya about my situation..I am running the current Krayzie Ndure 2.0(big THX!) and I did have a SID as orig. exploit.. I just switched my old mod folder w/ the new files in krayzie's pack, then removed audio package...I just wanted to get a crystal view on this so I dont fudge anything up tongue.gif .Say I have my new Hdd in hand ready to format...Do I just remove my existing hdd in my box first? If so, is there any prep work I do to my old hdd before I remove it (like unlocking it)?? I just not sure how that goes...or do I just worry about locking and unlocking w/ the new hdd ..And last of all just want to make sure that either way I just take the new hdd put it in prim. master on my PC, and just turn on the power and put in the disc....My goal is to make a Hdd from scratch w/ my existing backup-C (M$ dash which was made when I installed the new Ndure2.0) and my E drive U-T DATA folders (so I can use existing softmod from to reapply afterwords when new hdd is ready) along w/ config magic and a few other apps in E..I do have me eeprom backup and hdd password info, which I am also curious.. Will use the eeprombackup to find a new hdd password for my new hdd?? or is my orig. hdd info just passed along and same as what the new hdd info will be....Sry if I made this more confusing than it should be...lol cool.gif

#1353 Archigos

Archigos

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 79 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b

Posted 30 December 2005 - 01:47 PM

Hey again...
I created the hard drive fine (I just said screw it and used the 120GB instead of farting with a smaller one). Problem is when I use option 3 to lock the drive I get the message that the drive is frozen... I'm messed around in the BIOS and can't find a way to stop the detection...

Any help would be great, cause right now I don't have a working Xbox sad.gif

I'm going to look up the specs of the drive and put those in manually and see if that works, but I'm guessing that's not what it's talking about.

(UPDATE) - I found the drive info on Western Digital's site and changed the BIOS to that, it worked smile.gif smile.gif

Thanks for the help.

Edited by Archigos, 30 December 2005 - 02:01 PM.

#1354 jsd

jsd

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 30 December 2005 - 05:00 PM

QUOTE(joeblow420 @ Dec 30 2005, 01:15 AM) View Post

Say I have my new Hdd in hand ready to format...Do I just remove my existing hdd in my box first? If so, is there any prep work I do to my old hdd before I remove it (like unlocking it)?? I just not sure how that goes...or do I just worry about locking and unlocking w/ the new hdd ..

you don't need to do anything to the old hard drive.

And last of all just want to make sure that either way I just take the new hdd put it in prim. master on my PC, and just turn on the power and put in the disc....My goal is to make a Hdd from scratch w/ my existing backup-C (M$ dash which was made when I installed the new Ndure2.0) and my E drive U-T DATA folders (so I can use existing softmod from to reapply afterwords when new hdd is ready) along w/ config magic and a few other apps in E..I do have me eeprom backup and hdd password info, which I am also curious.. Will use the eeprombackup to find a new hdd password for my new hdd?? or is my orig. hdd info just passed along and same as what the new hdd info will be....Sry if I made this more confusing than it should be...lol cool.gif

copy the C drive and E drive from your existing HD to your PC. make an xboxhdm CD that contains your C drive & E folders and your eeprom.bin in the proper places (read the xboxhdm readme for details). once you've got that you can connect the new HD to your PC, boot up XBOXHDM and use it to format, copy the C & E partitions, and lock.

you must lock the new HD with the current eeprom.bin before you put it in your xbox. you won't need to reapply the softmod if you copy the existing C & E from your current xbox hd.

#1355 joeblow420

joeblow420

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 117 posts

Posted 31 December 2005 - 07:56 AM

you won't need to reapply the softmod if you copy the existing C & E from your current xbox hd

Well see I dont want to copy my current C on there...Mostly bc when I had my audio hack and then replaced w/ the new mod for some reason I cant make or do anything w/ soundtracks now..I will really be using a fresh C drive backup from my brother(who didnt ever have the old audio hack)and whos xbox I just modded w/ the new Krayzie2.0..So The hope is that I can maybe get back my MS soundtracks....Or might it be impossible to recover...I dont really even know if this paticular softmod will allow custom soundtracks or not...Atleast for me the only thing I could w/ soundtracks (when using SID audio hack) was use it to get to my hack dash. Now when I use xbox soundtrack editor it will still connect, but it says couldnt open soundtrack data..So that is why I just hope to put a fresh C drive and just install software that way..Please let me know if ya think this will or wont work (i would think it should) just hopin it does from the soundtrack end unsure.gif

#1356 xXxMiSSioNxXx

xXxMiSSioNxXx

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 04 January 2006 - 02:21 AM

Kingroach can u add me on msn cause i need ur help pretty bad and it will be easier talkin on msn thanx

oya my email is
hockeypro_69@hotmail.com
srry bout that tongue.gif

#1357 AndyMac63220

AndyMac63220

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 04 January 2006 - 02:46 AM

alright ive been at this forever now and im starting to get really frustrated. im trying to build a new hdd from sctratch. i have the xboxhdm cd made with all the files i want and my eeprom and im all ready to start. through trying some different setups i learned that either of my two cd drives only work when connected to secondary master or slave so the setup i have to use is my new hdd on primary master and my cd drive with the xboxhdm cd on secondary master. when it is like this it boots fine and i can get to the part where i type in xboxhd. after that i get a message saying that no primary master (/dev/hda) was detected and that the drive for creating a hdd should be connected to hda. im pretty sure ive tried every possible configurations of my cd drive and my new hard drive so if anybody has any kind of suggestion to make xboxhdm recognize my drive it would be greatly appreciated. btw it is a seagate 200 gig

#1358 papifred

papifred

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 January 2006 - 05:54 PM

**KINGROACH**,,,

I did as you told and It did work. ConfigMagic gave me the correct eeprom.bin dump for the disk...!!! For some reason Evox dump was not good :-(... Thanks again m8. Excelent Job... Kip it up the good work ;-)...

#1359 kingroach

kingroach

X-S Hacker

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,741 posts

Posted 05 January 2006 - 01:03 AM

@AndyMac63220, make sure your harddrives jumpers is set to "primary master".. you also do the same with your cd drives to make them boot from other ide slots..

#1360 AndyMac63220

AndyMac63220

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 05 January 2006 - 05:38 AM

well i checked my hdd just to make sure and the jumper was set right. ive checked out some other things in my computer and i know that my dvd-rom is the secondary master and my dvd-rw is secondary slave while my primary ide port is empty since my computers hard drive is a sata drive. ive been tryin different things and ive found that neither one of my cd drives work when they are plugged into the primary ide slot so i was thinking maybe this slot doesnt work since my hdd and my cd drives wont work when attatched to it? what else do you think i should try? would it be possible to use any other drive configuration with xboxhdm? ive been doin this for almost a week now and i think im gonna go crazy if i dont get it workin. so thanks for the help

Edited by AndyMac63220, 05 January 2006 - 05:56 AM.

#1361 Soldier of Light

Soldier of Light

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 05 January 2006 - 06:05 AM

I didn't think anyone would actually respond to the end of this thread, but why not.

I just recieved my new hdd in the mail today (Western Digital WD2000) and I have a few questions I need answered before I disconnect my current hard drive to set it up.

I have xboxhdm, and I have one quick question before I make the iso image:
My E:\ drive is almost full on my stock hdd. Will I have enough room to put it into the iso?

Next, I know what to do to set it up for the most part. After I create the partition and rebuild the C:\ drive, I want to clone my current drive (because I don't think my E will fit) onto it. 2 questions about this.
1) Will I have to unlock the drive to clone it?
2) If so, does it need to be powered by the xbox so that it doesn't relock during the reboot?
Then, I just lock my new drive using my eeprom, and hook it up, right? Does the new drive have to be powered by the xbox during the locking?

If I have any of this wrong, please let me know.

#1362 kingroach

kingroach

X-S Hacker

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,741 posts

Posted 05 January 2006 - 03:51 PM

Andy, .. normally when upgrading hd xboxhdm works from any ports.. It should scan /dev/hda, /dev/hdb etc. it may be a stupid question but did you attch power cable to hard drive?..

@Soldier of Light,

no full E wont fit on a cd or even dvd.. for cloning your xbox hard drive has to be unlocked.. if you have eeprom then you can unlock HD with eeprom and in that case you can use computer power supply because then HD will remain unlocked ( until you lock it again)..

#1363 Soldier of Light

Soldier of Light

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 05 January 2006 - 09:42 PM

Alright, thank you very much. I just wasn't sure if Xboxhdm disabled locking.

#1364 AndyMac63220

AndyMac63220

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 05 January 2006 - 10:21 PM

yes i have the power connected and the reason i thought it would only work with primary master is because the error screen i get says "no drive detected on /dev/hda. connect a drive and reboot."

#1365 Soldier of Light

Soldier of Light

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 06 January 2006 - 01:22 AM

Thanks for the help! I got my 200 gig installed with no real problems. My secondary IDE was set up a little wierd... but I got it figured out. It locked the first time with lockhd using the eeprom. It was actually my friend's eeprom I previously set up on my xbox so I could go back on Live! I love it when things work out.

Also... for some reason Xboxhdm said my drive wasn't big enough for an F:\ drive... Probably because I didn't even bother putting the C:\ on the disc... Whatever, when I hooked it up I formatted the F and G and now I got the full 200 gigs ready to use.

Unfortunately... I forgot to transfer my accounts, and for some reason my account recovery option isn't working. Oh well, my old drive still works. I might need to relock it, but I think I'll be ok. Thanks again for the help!

Edited by Soldier of Light, 06 January 2006 - 01:24 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users