2105 replies to this topic

#1411 gringohh

gringohh

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 February 2006 - 05:00 AM

what about my missing eeprom?

i don't have a back up of it, is it still posible to fix?

#1412 kingroach

kingroach

X-S Hacker

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,741 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 22 February 2006 - 05:05 AM

yes.. thats why you need to hotswap.. you dont need any eeprom while hotswapping..

#1413 gringohh

gringohh

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 February 2006 - 03:27 PM

is there any way i can do this without hotswapping? the last time i did a hotwswap my mother board fried and i had to buy a new one? please help i don't want to burn my motherboard again

i have another question, sorry for being so persistent
is it at all posible for me to just conect a new hard drive to my pc, use this boot thing and format it for use with the xbox? that way i can just get rid of my initial xbox hard drive

#1414 chrislee79

chrislee79

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 February 2006 - 09:36 PM

Copy files for xbox C:\ drive from slayers disk and put the files in xboxhdm's linux>C folder.

i think this means go to slayers disk, copy everything under C and put them into xboxhdm's linux>C folder. but \c is empty already so i dont have anything to copy. geez what the hell is this

#1415 DaJackal

DaJackal

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 24 February 2006 - 03:20 AM

gringohh,
yes, you can do that but you need the eeprom.

#1416 kingroach

kingroach

X-S Hacker

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,741 posts

Posted 24 February 2006 - 04:12 AM

QUOTE(chrislee79 @ Feb 23 2006, 09:43 PM) View Post

Copy files for xbox C:\ drive from slayers disk and put the files in xboxhdm's linux>C folder.

i think this means go to slayers disk, copy everything under C and put them into xboxhdm's linux>C folder. but \c is empty already so i dont have anything to copy. geez what the hell is this

get the files from system>all>c folder.

#1417 Gamer50655

Gamer50655

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 February 2006 - 11:39 PM

I have a question about how to set up the xbox and computer for xboxhdm. I have my xbox opened and the only thing that is unplugged is the IDE cable for the DVD drive. I start my computer and then I stop it before it goes looking for the harddrives. I can set my computer BIOS to boot from the CD drive and then thats all I do. Then I restart my computer and pause it again before it looks. I then start my xbox and wait for it to load up. I have error 13 so it flashes red and green. I then hook up the computers IDE cable to the Xbox one as fast as I can. Now i press space and the the computer looks and all i get is a screen looking for DHCP. What is that? It doesn't find anything and says no boot filename found or something. What the heck am I doing wrong bcause i have tried like 3 times and it doesn't work at all. I have my cd and everything in the cd drive.

#1418 radxrico

radxrico

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 03 March 2006 - 11:41 PM

sup guys. im trying to do a new hdd install for someone, and ive done a few fine, but the hdd i recieved today is an ATA hdd and not an IDE im kinda lost to say the least. can i even use this type of HDD in the xbox? is there a connector or is it ide only?

also additonal help if it IS possible in figuring out what plugs where from my pc.. im kinda hardware dumb.

Just additional informationt o help its a 80 gig western digital wd800jdrtl

#1419 kingroach

kingroach

X-S Hacker

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,741 posts

Posted 03 March 2006 - 11:56 PM

yes.. you can use that hard drive..

also additonal help if it IS possible in figuring out what plugs where from my pc.. im kinda hardware dumb.

post a picture of inside of your computer..

#1420 radxrico

radxrico

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 04 March 2006 - 12:19 AM

QUOTE(kingroach @ Mar 4 2006, 12:03 AM) View Post

yes.. you can use that hard drive..
post a picture of inside of your computer..

http://img.photobuck...co/DSC00024.jpg
http://img.photobuck...co/DSC00025.jpg
http://img.photobuck...co/DSC00026.jpg

and also so in the xbox theres already a wire/cord for this kinda hdd since its not a ide? just checking cuz i dont wanna do a ton of extra work splicing wires or anything like that.

#1421 radxrico

radxrico

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 04 March 2006 - 11:25 AM

bah ive googled and looked around to a headache trying to find out where these stupid slots are. grrr

#1422 DaJackal

DaJackal

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 04 March 2006 - 09:28 PM

radxrico,
put a pic up of the hdd(connection side) you want to put in.

#1423 Tomdabomb3333

Tomdabomb3333

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 56 posts

Posted 08 March 2006 - 08:56 AM

Sorry if this is in the thread already...but this thread is LOOOOng.

I Just Softmodded my old xbox!!!! and like everyone else am now wondering how to install a bigger HD.

First off...I have a XBOX with a faulty DVD-drive...so i was wondering if I could connect a second hard-drive right to the IDE cable where the DVD-Drive used to be. \

I used the Ndure3.0 installer for Xboxhdm made a bootable CD-RW and just copied the contets of the Ndure C and E folders over the original ones. If I take that same CD...add the EEPROM folder, and burn a new CD-RW... Could I just copy the same C and E contents along with the EEPROM folder to the Blank HD, Then Use Xboxhdm to Lock it?

I want to make a new HD as simply as possible...Will this work?

PS. anybody got a guess as to how long it takes before Softmods are available for XBOX 360?

#1424 -rayj-

-rayj-

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 16 March 2006 - 08:59 AM

ok.. when im at thexboxhdm thing.. its says

try to reboot and renter this tool...

root@xboxhdm:/2

i tried rebooting my system like so many times.. and it keeps giving me the same thing when the xboxhdm tries to partition my f file thing..

any suggestions?..

im really stumped here and need all the help i could get...

#1425 SG57

SG57

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 17 March 2006 - 03:59 AM

hmmm.... Im getting frozen primary drive when locking, any idea how to fix?

I cannot disable via the DELL BIOS so far.
I have tried the unplug IDE cable after bios boot but it gives me a BIOS error and still doesnt work.

Can any one enlighten me on how to set Cable Select mode or Jumper calbes or what ever it is.

Also, anyone able to lock there HDD on a DELL?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users