• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 KrazyKidd

KrazyKidd

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 17 July 2004 - 01:37 AM

Hey whatsup, just modded my xbox with a xenium ice and i upgraded my hard drive. I wanted to back up my Splinter Cell 2 on my hard drive. I had previously backed up Halo and it worked fine running off the hard drive. The problem is that I cant get Splinter Cell 2 to run. Everytime I launch it, my xbox freezes. I have tried loading it with different bioses (X2_4981 and m7) and launching it with different dashboards (Avalaunch, UnleashX, EvoX) with the same result. I backed it up using dvd2xbox. Since it froze the first time i copied it, i figured i should recopy it. I keep gettin the same freeze on launch. The game will not even get past the "please wait while etc. launches". However Halo works fine. Any suggestions?

The game does work on my friends unmodded xbox so the disc is fine

I have also tried launching the game with the HD locked and unlocked with no luck.
-KrazyKidd

ps. i believe IGR is off for the dash...how do i turn it off for the bioses?

[EDIT] - The game will also not work when i put the cd into the drive. I bootup my xbox and select the retail kernel (msbios) under the xenium ice menu. The ms dashboard then starts and the xbox then freezes after the xbox logo splash comes up. However, when I choose the retail kernel and put in the halo disc, Halo launches off the cd. What is going on, why does my box hate Sam Fisher?

Edited by KrazyKidd, 17 July 2004 - 01:50 AM.

#2 KrazyKidd

KrazyKidd

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 17 July 2004 - 04:02 AM

just tried True Crime Streets of LA. I backed up the game to my hard drive and it works completely fine...no lockups....hmmm?

#3 Ain

Ain

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 17 July 2004 - 08:05 PM

dang i have had the same prob.. the farthest it ever got when i tried to load it was a "dirty disc" screen.. maybe there is a patch to search for?? ill keep looking..

--Ain-- ph34r.gif

#4 grime_z

grime_z

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 17 July 2004 - 10:22 PM

I have this exact same problem. I heard someone say something about patching offline.xbe? Someone said that when i posted, but when i asked for help, the thread just died.

#5 KrazyKidd

KrazyKidd

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 17 July 2004 - 10:26 PM

well...i wont let this thread die, cuz i love this game. My guess is that since the game doesnt work even with the original game inside and the modchip running the original xbox tsop kernel, there must be a setting in the eeprom...but my dvd is et to region 1, im on ntsc, and i set the time properly through the msdash.

odd how some ppl have gotten this game to work and others are having difficulty.

Here are my specs, maybe we have sumthing in common:
Xenium Ice with pre-release OS 2.0
v1.5 XBOX ms kernel 5713
Bios: m7, x2 4981, x2 4983 (all didnt work)
Dash: Evox, unleashx, avalaunch (all didnt work)
DVD backup app: DVD2XBOX (used with and without specific splinter cell 2 acl file)

#6 Ain

Ain

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 18 July 2004 - 05:43 AM

i fixed my problem by just updating my dvd2xbox.. amazing! lol

i have a TSOP flash..

--Ain-- ph34r.gif

#7 KrazyKidd

KrazyKidd

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 18 July 2004 - 11:26 PM

I figured out what was wrong for me

I modded my friends xbox with the xenium ice chip. After flashing the modchip with the original tsop, i ran the ms kernel and dashboard just to see if splinter cell would run on his xbox. It did.

After using the Xenium Ice hard drive upgrade wizard, we put in his new hard drive and then tried to run Splinter Cell the same way: original game in the drive, using xenium ice modchip to boot the original ms kernel and ms dash and then the game froze.

the problem: Xenium Ice's hard drive upgrade wizard formatted the hard drive and screwed something up so we couldnt run splitner cell.

solution: we reformatted our drives using the evox bootdisc and voila, splinter cell ran fine in the cd drive and as a backup on our hard drives. woo hooo!!

#8 grime_z

grime_z

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 20 July 2004 - 01:14 AM

that really sucks man, i did the same damn thing. So now i gotta back up all my stuff from my hard drive? Then format the damn thing? That sucks!

#9 qpsxmod

qpsxmod

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 21 July 2004 - 07:45 PM

Help, i have the same problem, I have the game backup on DVDr and it will not boot, it freeze after i choose single player. I am using Xbox v1.0 and Xcuter2 bios. with evox install on original HD. Thanks

#10 jsbelanger

jsbelanger

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 August 2004 - 04:13 PM

I am new at this, and I am getting the same problem as qpsxmod. When I boot the cd, I can select single player, multiplayer or credits. But when I select single player, it freezes at the new game selection screen... actually, it doesn't freeze as the music is still playing, but I can't select anything.

Could someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong, or what I'm not doing maby...

I'm using softmod with evox and backed-up the game to dvd-r.

#11 jsbelanger

jsbelanger

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 August 2004 - 04:55 PM

I forgot to mention. I ftp'ed in using ws_ftp. I copied all the files directly from d: and then created the iso with qwix and burnt image with nero.

agian, any and all help is greatly appreciated.

#12 jsbelanger

jsbelanger

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 August 2004 - 02:20 PM

never mind..... I was just being the dumbass that I am. I should of figured this out before... you have to use controler number 2 when you play the single player game. It was the same thing for splinter cell one.......

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users