• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 myname_isdoug

myname_isdoug

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 July 2004 - 04:30 AM

I apologize in advance is this is an old question everyone is sick and tired of seeing, but I looked around and couldn't find anything, so I didn't think it would hurt to ask.

I followed a guide on TSOP flashing and all seemed to be going well. I got my points soldered, 007 started right up, I loaded the save and got the sounds and orange LED I was promised, and the flashing itself didn't bring up any error messages. I restart my XBox, and the start-up screen-thingie is blue instead of green, and the eject LED turns from green to red. 007 started right up again and seemed to be running okay, so I thought I was in the clear. However, I hit eject so I could put in a different disc, and now the drive won't stay shut. It slides in and then immediately comes right back out, and the eject LED turns red as the dash loads. The LED stays red (that is, it doesn't flash red and green), I get video and audio, and I can change settings and look at the game saves on my hard drive, but the DVD drive won't stay closed. What might cause such a problem, and what steps can I take to rectify this?

#2 Funkadelik

Funkadelik

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 470 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3

Posted 17 July 2004 - 04:44 AM

quite odd.. did u check to make sure the dvd cables are connected all the way? i've TSOP flashed the way u did about 10 times and never had this problem.. at least ur xbox boots..

what bios did u flash?
what happens when nothing is in the dvd drive and it starts?
do u have a boot disc to xfer ur dash? have u done that?

#3 myname_isdoug

myname_isdoug

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 July 2004 - 04:56 AM

Actually, I did some tinkering around after I posted this: I pulled the hard drive off and turned on the 'Box, and the DVD drive went back in and stayed in until the error came up saying that it couldn't find the hard drive. I turned it off, plugged the hard drive back in, and started it, and now I'm on the Slayer' EvoX auto-installer. I don't really know why that would work, since all the cables were plugged in to begin with. Of course, the eject LED is still staying red, and that kind of worries me.

#4 ti85man

ti85man

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 463 posts
  • Interests:xbox....
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 17 July 2004 - 02:12 PM

the bios you flashed could be making the LED red on purpose. You can change the LED color in the bios and it was already obviously colormodded as you said the boot screen was blue... I would think you are fine, it's probably just the bios changing the LED color for looks

#5 myname_isdoug

myname_isdoug

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 July 2004 - 06:16 PM

All right, thanks. I thought that might be the case, but it seems as though whenever I assume anything I'm always wrong.

#6 ti85man

ti85man

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 463 posts
  • Interests:xbox....
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 17 July 2004 - 06:20 PM

as from the classic movie "Under Siege 2" **snicker** one of my favorite quotes of all time.

Assumption is the mother of all fuckups!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users