• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Ironnails

Ironnails

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 17 July 2004 - 06:31 AM

I was told yesterday that even with your modchip turned off, live can detect it in your xbox if you are scanned... is this true? I hear of many people getting problems with live frying their bios or something, but that would mean people are using live with a modchip installed?

If they are still taking a chance of being scanned while the modchip is turned off, is the chance of being scanned very little then?

Id greatly appreciate any light on the subject, because id love to get a modchip to install and be able to play xbox live without worry of getting banned! thanks for your time!

#2 jack2004

jack2004

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 619 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 17 July 2004 - 06:45 AM

yes I found some news that m$ will try to scand mod xbox by use the original hdd code that's mean they try to detect xbox with large hdd b/c most people mod their xbox will put large hdd
but never fear just use 2 hdd 1. original for live play and big hdd to put and play back up or find a turnal( sorry if I spell wrong) site to play online laugh.gif

#3 Ironnails

Ironnails

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 17 July 2004 - 06:54 AM

AHhh Great!!!! OK THANKS THIS HELPS ME SO MUCH!! First i started modding my box last year... and then couldnt finish the D0 point and tried turning it on without the chip in it (just the header pins) and it did the red light green light start up frag thing.... then after a year (and i bought the chip/box with my own money mind you - still in school and dont got a lot of money tongue.gif), i find out from this xbox guy that they can still scan even if your chip is off... so for the past few days i was a bit depressed, but i got it now.

So, you shouldnt have any problems at all if you dont have a big hd right? I can add one later and follow your advice, but for now i dont have an additional hd. Ok thanks!

#4 jack2004

jack2004

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 619 posts

Posted 17 July 2004 - 06:56 AM

it should be ok laugh.gif as long as you play tht original games disk

Edited by jack2004, 17 July 2004 - 06:58 AM.

#5 wodstlk

wodstlk

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 123 posts

Posted 17 July 2004 - 07:53 AM

so you cant use a backed up game from your hard drive instead of the actual game disc (which of course is in a case so it cant get damaged) and use live?

#6 jack2004

jack2004

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 619 posts

Posted 17 July 2004 - 08:09 AM

no, you can't just only use original for live

#7 lordvader129

lordvader129

He Who Posts Alot...

• Head Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,735 posts
  • Interests:#lordvader129
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 17 July 2004 - 08:26 AM

in order to play on live (without getting banned) you must boopt with your chip disabled, so of course youll only be able to play originals (as backups need the chip enabled to work)

its also true that Live has the code to scan HD model and seial numbers, however no one has been banned for using an upgraded HD

lastly, MS cannot detect your chip if its disabled, they wont be frying any bios or abnning, as long as chip on = Live off (use a new x2 bios with the Live blocking)

#8 Ironnails

Ironnails

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 19 July 2004 - 05:37 AM

Ahh great thanks! Is the best way if you want 1 HD to keep a library of games on, and the original one for extra live precautions be getting an external hard drive that you can unplug?

#9 Ironnails

Ironnails

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 19 July 2004 - 06:22 AM

Or is it ok if you just have a locked HDD? Is there still a risk with any modified HD?

#10 ..[[ModBoxMaster]]..

..[[ModBoxMaster]]..

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,611 posts
  • Interests:I am a sophmore in JROTC @ Theodore Roosevelt High School in San Antonio , TX
  • Xbox Version:v1.5

Posted 19 July 2004 - 07:01 AM

yeah it is true i play on xbox live all the time andi turn my chip off

#11 big_b

big_b

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 407 posts
  • Interests:i like football wrestling xbox and chicks
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 19 July 2004 - 07:08 AM

well i was tlaking with my dad and he gave me an idea

maby they havent checked anyones hdd because they cant it would be like hacking in someones pc its illegal i may be wrong

#12 Tum

Tum

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 56 posts

Posted 19 July 2004 - 07:42 AM

QUOTE (lordvader129 @ Jul 17 2004, 09:29 AM)
lastly, MS cannot detect your chip if its disabled, they wont be frying any bios or abnning, as long as chip on = Live off (use a new x2 bios with the Live blocking)

I have heard about this anti live bios before, but what x2 bios is it?
I like 4981 because i can use xbtool to mod it. So does the 4981 suport anti live.

Also, what happens when you try to sign in with an anti live bios?

#13 wodstlk

wodstlk

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 123 posts

Posted 19 July 2004 - 08:34 AM

kind of scary

#14 lordvader129

lordvader129

He Who Posts Alot...

• Head Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,735 posts
  • Interests:#lordvader129
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 19 July 2004 - 04:53 PM

QUOTE (Tum @ Jul 19 2004, 01:45 AM)
I have heard about this anti live bios before, but what x2 bios is it?
I like 4981 because i can use xbtool to mod it. So does the 4981 suport anti live.

Also, what happens when you try to sign in with an anti live bios?

x2 4980 or higher

and you cant sign in to Live with that bios, it tricks the software into thinking you dont have anetwork cable plugged in (whether you do or not) this is to prevent accidental banning

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users