devz3ro

X-S X-perience

• PipPip
  • 348 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 18 July 2004 - 05:13 AM

“The Ultimate Dasboard Exploit 2”

THE EXPLOIT

UDE has been made possible for U.S. & Canada owners of K:5713 - K:5838 (1.6) xboxs!. PAL, JAP, and ELSEWHERE owners can use it too, but it requires an edit of the EEPROM to region 1 for those specific consoles.

For those wondering what 'UDE' is, please view the Original UDE Thread. PedrosPad did a excellent job explaining what it is and what you can & cannot do with it. If you are completely new to UDE, his thread is where you should start until you get a understanding of all this interesting data.

THE UPDATE.XBE

QUOTE (rmenhal)

* The game NFL Fever 2003 !Live content has/had an update.xbe:
    - update.xbe has file size 1916928 and md5sum
      b2875da022264e19107db4fb1f7af1db.
    - works with all kernels (3944-5838).
    - only for US/CANADA region.

The following s1916928 patch (free of M$ copyright code) will create the necessary 'NFL Fever 2003' update.xbe. This update.xbe (which is renamed to xboxdash.xbe when installing UDE2) executes without error on U.S. & Canada K:5713 - K:5838 consoles. You can create this very rare file using the existing dashboard version's 4920, 5659 and 5960 update.xbe file.

Download: s1916928 patch

THE NKPATCHER

I have also decided (because of all the confusion) to include the nkpatcher. The patcher, unlike PBL, will patch your original kernel in memory, thus eliminating the need for a supplied bios. This is in contrast to replacing it, which is how PBL operates. Place the included default.xbe on your E:\ or 'Partition1' (If you didn't hex or recompile ernie.xtf). It is currently working with every kernel available to date, free also of any M$ copyright code. For those unaware, once the nkpatcher is executed, it will launch 'C:\evoxdash.xbe'. Please note, it doesn't have to actually be the Evolutionx dashboard. This is just what the nkpatcher launches by default, after patching the kernel in memory with the Evolutionx M7 bios hacks.

Download: nkpatcher6

THE FONTS

QUOTE (rmenhal)

Updatefonts60 is based on the good'ol bert-ate-ernie updatefonts6.
Updatefonts70 is based on updatefonts7. I included both because
updatefonts7 is so recent and the method may still require refinement.

Below are the 'NFL Fever 2003' update.xbe compatible fonts & dashboard version 4920's. These fonts were created by rmenhal and not myself, so I take 0% credit.

Download: updatefonts60
Download: updatefonts70

QUOTE (devz3ro)

K:5838 (1.6) xbox owners are advised to use updatefonts70.zip. Others along with myself had no sucess with updatefonts60.zip (freezes at M$ screen) with this specific kernel.

The following two should work perfectly on a 1.6 U.S. / Canada xbox:

\updatefonts70\fonts\nfl-fever-2003-us-s1916928\bert-5838-01.xtf
\updatefonts70\fonts\ernie.xtf

-devz3ro

http://sh0x.tk/

Edited by devz3ro, 24 July 2004 - 11:52 PM.

#2 Dolfhin

Dolfhin

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3

Posted 18 July 2004 - 05:14 AM

I'm looking forward to it biggrin.gif

#3 Deciphile

Deciphile

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 18 July 2004 - 05:14 AM

Update away cuz I want to know where I can try it out at. I wish I could've contributed to it but I'm always a day late and a dollar short.

#4 db-ie

db-ie

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 18 July 2004 - 05:27 AM

so what now .. lol. im really lost sad.gif

#5 EthanHunt_IMF

EthanHunt_IMF

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 18 July 2004 - 05:39 AM

If you give more details what is confusing you, the ppl here will try to help you out.

#6 db-ie

db-ie

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 18 July 2004 - 05:44 AM

well finally a helping hand biggrin.gif , what do i actually do with the code that was posted above, if you cant really answer you can point me to some tuts... cause i dont really understand what to do with it lol.. i do understand i will need the game correct? and if i do what do i do with the game.

#7 EthanHunt_IMF

EthanHunt_IMF

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 18 July 2004 - 05:52 AM

it's at the bottom of the first post of the following thread...

The “Ultimate Dashboard Exploit” aka UDE, Official thread!

that will tell you how to extract the files out of the code above.

you don't need the game with the patch linked above, but you will need the update.xbe from a 4920 dash, unfortunately i can't help you there as that is ms copyright code... if you know where the usual places are you might be able to find it there, can't remember what package it was included with, if any... Sorry I can't be of more help here, but rules are rules...

and if i've said too much someone let me know and i'll edit, or a mod can edit for me

#8 Deciphile

Deciphile

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 18 July 2004 - 05:57 AM

Crap I'm going to need a tut for this one blink.gif

#9 BluhDeBluh

BluhDeBluh

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 18 July 2004 - 06:00 AM

Just need to point out that THIS WILL NOT WORK ON JAPANESE OR PAL XBOXES. THIS IS BECAUSE IT'S SIGNED FOR NORTH AMERICA AND CANADA ONLY.

IF YOU TRY AND INSTALL IT ON A PAL XBOX, IT WON'T WORK.

That is all. smile.gif

#10 db-ie

db-ie

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 18 July 2004 - 06:03 AM

/EDIT
(ill just go into a lot of reading at the moment)

Edited by db-ie, 18 July 2004 - 02:07 PM.

#11 EthanHunt_IMF

EthanHunt_IMF

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 18 July 2004 - 06:05 AM

there are 2 versions of the fonts include in the code above, just wondering which one should be used first, is one more stable?

#12 Nailed

Nailed

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 577 posts

Posted 18 July 2004 - 06:07 AM

Just tested the new bert-generic on 3 boxes with kernals of 5530 or less. Worked every time. As always, excellent work rmenhal, PedrosPad, & devz3ro.

I tested updatefonts70; no clue what the difference in versions is.

Edited by Nailed, 18 July 2004 - 06:11 AM.

#13 devz3ro

devz3ro

X-S X-perience

• PipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 18 July 2004 - 06:08 AM

QUOTE (BluhDeBluh @ Jul 18 2004, 08:00 AM)
Just need to point out that THIS WILL NOT WORK ON JAPANESE OR PAL XBOXES. THIS IS BECAUSE IT'S SIGNED FOR NORTH AMERICA AND CANADA ONLY.

IF YOU TRY AND INSTALL IT ON A PAL XBOX, IT WON'T WORK.

That is all. smile.gif

Good idea, but that isn't true. You can change your EEPROM to make this work (which I stated in the readme.txt of the patch). But you are correct, everyone should be aware, so I will add it to the root post. Does config magic work on version 1.6 xboxs? Are there any PAL / Japanese 1.6 consoles (yet?).

Thanks for your input, it is appreciated.

-devz3ro

http://sh0x.tk/

#14 EthanHunt_IMF

EthanHunt_IMF

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 18 July 2004 - 06:11 AM

Configmagic does not work on 1.6 boxes.

#15 chimpanzee

chimpanzee

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,020 posts

Posted 18 July 2004 - 06:33 AM

I have an idea, instead of diff against 4920 update.xbe, why not diff against those found in these newer dash as more than likely, they are already there on the machines. Or may be go one step further, diff it against the newest dash as anyone should be able to get a copy of that by using MS's download service. After all, they would even update it without your consent and even you are not live user.

So whenever there is a question of where can I find this update.xbe, tell them to ask MS, legally and conveniently. No need for usual place which is so implicit.

Edited by chimpanzee, 18 July 2004 - 06:37 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users