4 replies to this topic

#1 Mookers

Mookers

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 18 July 2004 - 04:58 PM

Ok I have been reading for 3 days now about how to get the password for the XBox so i can install the files Needed to MOD my Box. Im getting pretty frustrated with the whole operation and I really hope someone will send me in the right direction and not just tell me to go search and read, I have done that and need further help.

From what I have read you need to have Evox installed inorder to get to the Eeprom to get the password info. What I don't get is that if I don't have Evox installed how do I get to the password on the Eeprom?? What I am trying to do is Mod my Xbox without a Mod chip. I already know where to Solder and thats not an issue, my issue is getting the password So i can unlock the Xbox HDD. No matter what progrsm I try to use to look at the HDD the program crashes. So far I have tried Hdd_Driver, FatXplorer, HD fatbox Explorer all with no luck. Hdd_Driver did see a Drive , but I get like 200 "Invalid files size" errors and then the program crashes. I am trying to use Xboxhdm right now and it looks to be the best to use, but it cant detect my Xbox HDD. I have the Xbox HDD set to Primary Master. Once I get the HDD to unlock I can just place the HDD Image I made with all the info in it and boot up my Xbox with the new software, then I can solder and get this thing going. Im just having ALOT of trouble figureing out how to get the Eeprom info with the password on it.

If any of you guys could send me in the right direction it would be most appreciated.

Thx

#2 oxjeremy334

oxjeremy334

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,844 posts
  • Interests:Being a Rhinestone Cowboy
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 18 July 2004 - 05:02 PM

I think that you may want to post in the no modchip forum or in one of the technical forums.

#3 ti85man

ti85man

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 463 posts
  • Interests:xbox....
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 18 July 2004 - 05:22 PM

wow...I have no idea what you are trying to do... I might have missed something somewhere as far as different ways to mod the thing, but I am unclear of the method you speak of.

you said mod it without a modchip, are you going to flash the TSOP? or are you trying to do an exploit to run evox.

If you are trying to flash the TSOP via an exploit, you don't need the HD unlocked. If you are planning on unlocking the drive and putting it into your computer to put files on it, to my knowledge that won't work. I could be wrong but I don't remember a program that can write to the FATX drive partition of the xbox hard drive.

if you are trying to flash the TSOP, get the points soldered... sounds like you did this..
get one of the game exploits like 007 or mech assult. and get the save on your xbox via a mega xkey or a mem card loaded via another modded xbox, or a homemade xbox controller dongle that's been converted to usb with the mega x key software. run the game, load the save. you will now have linux or evox running depending on what save you are loading. then flash the tsop with a new bios. and walla!

then to install evox, you can either make a boot disc, or if you have the evox exploit gamesave, just start that and ftp in and upload the files that way.

hope this helps.... there is a whole forum just for TSOP flashing, you might want to check the tutorials there...

#4 Mookers

Mookers

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 18 July 2004 - 05:43 PM

Thx For the replys guys. I guess if i confused you guys then you must know im quite confused trying to do this laugh.gif

Here is what im trying to do
http://www.xbox-scen...-full-guide.php

Im stuck on Chapter 3 Step 2

I did make a backup with Hdd_Driver though and it's on my Windows machine hard drive. About 4 gig in size.

As you can see in Steph 3 I need to get those files to my HDD so i can boot to Evolution X. I can't solder until I have this step done, but the soldering with be the easy part. laugh.gif it's this software that's frustrating laugh.gif

#5 ti85man

ti85man

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 463 posts
  • Interests:xbox....
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 18 July 2004 - 06:05 PM

i see... you are hot swapping... I know nothing of this besides it can be done... I would check the exploits or tsop flashing forums for more on hot swapping... maybe you can find a tut on how to just hot swap. good luck

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users