• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 nooby

nooby

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 July 2004 - 06:37 PM

I'm new to the hole cheeting scene, lol so I was wondering if ne of u guys culd hook me up wit some uber haks that I no u have.

There is no spoone
-the matricks

Lol, Just kidding.

I'm a noob though I will admit it, like they say the first rule to recovering is to admit you have a problem. Anyways I am thinking of modding my xbox like most of the people on here however I have questions if you guys don't mind helping me out.

1. I am going to get the xecuter 2.3b lite or lite + chip, soldering does not bother me that much so I don't think the 20 dollar differance would realy warrant me getting the lite +. Anyways What I am not sure of is as fallows:

a. After installing the chip what do I do smile.gif and I have read alot on this site however when someone asks these very same question the responce is ftp, flash yada yada. Well I would like to know how to ftp and how to flash in detail. If any of you guys have done this before and have a right up it would be great!!!!

b. How can I tell what version xbox I have?

2. The two things I'm looking to do the most with my xbox are!

a. Put a bigger hard drive on ( of course )

b. Copy entire games to my hdd.

c. watch dvd's like I used to on my ps2 until me and my friend traded ps2 for xbox

3. This hole thing with xbox live and getting banned is a hole new thing to me like everything else about modding my machine and to tell you the truth its a little scary just because I don't know what to do to hook up to xbox live and still have a mod chip. Again I know this has been covered but not in detail.

a. How do I, with the above stated mod chip, play a game online

b. is it true that no copied game will play online?

By the way I own my own computer company and have been working with computers for about 11 years so opening these things and changing this out does not scare me at all just don't know much about the xbox and would love for someone to give me the details on modding them. Thanks!!

#2 atomiX

atomiX

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,225 posts
  • Interests:Doesn't matter...
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 18 July 2004 - 06:48 PM

here it goes:

1a) read the tutorials
1b) http://www.xbox-scene.com/versions.php

3a) you cannot play online with the chip ON. you just need to switch it off so you can go on live. you cannot play backups or games copied to the HD on live. you NEED the original disk to go on live.

3b) yes

By the way I own my own computer company and have been working with computers for about 11 years so opening these things and changing this out does not scare me at all just don't know much about the xbox and would love for someone to give me the details on modding them. Thanks!!

read, read and read some more biggrin.gif

#3 ti85man

ti85man

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 463 posts
  • Interests:xbox....
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 18 July 2004 - 06:50 PM

1. I am going to get the xecuter 2.3b lite or lite + chip, soldering does not bother me that much so I don't think the 20 dollar differance would realy warrant me getting the lite +. Anyways What I am not sure of is as fallows:

a. After installing the chip what do I do  and I have read alot on this site however when someone asks these very same question the responce is ftp, flash yada yada. Well I would like to know how to ftp and how to flash in detail. If any of you guys have done this before and have a right up it would be great!!!!

read the tutorials in the tutorial section of the main page.

b. How can I tell what version xbox I have?

read the tutorial on the tutorial page

a. Put a bigger hard drive on ( of course )

um... tutorial section...
b. Copy entire games to my hdd.

um... lemme think... tutorial section....
c. watch dvd's like I used to on my ps2 until me and my friend traded ps2 for xbox

put the dvd in the xbox after it's modded....

3. This hole thing with xbox live and getting banned is a hole new thing to me like everything else about modding my machine and to tell you the truth its a little scary just because I don't know what to do to hook up to xbox live and still have a mod chip. Again I know this has been covered but not in detail.

a. How do I, with the above stated mod chip, play a game online

turn the modchip off and use an original xbox game
b. is it true that no copied game will play online?

yes

sorry to be a little rough, but there are numerous tuts off the main page that will help answer many of your questions...

Edited by ti85man, 18 July 2004 - 06:50 PM.

#4 tyger25

tyger25

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 108 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 18 July 2004 - 07:55 PM

You guys forgot about the tutorials....

TUTORIALS!!!!!<------CLICK ME!!!

Edited by tyger25, 18 July 2004 - 07:56 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users