Psilocybe

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,292 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 19 July 2004 - 05:37 AM

I thought i'd start up this topic because probably few people know, but recently the BsX team has joined up with Team Xbox Opensource (current nexgen devs). the bsx team plans to make nexgen their priority for awhile (though still continuing with bsx), anyway here is a quote from their site
Team BlackStorm would like to announce that we will be giving the neXgen code base a facelife as part of our goal to make the ultimate MS Dash. The neXgen project will soon become BlackStormX OS as it strives towards a new era of dash greatness. We would like to thank Team XOS for making this possible as they have given us the opportunity to work with their great dash, we will look foward to working with Team XOS to ensure that the BSX OS dash gets it's full potential. We will still continue the ms dash hacks until we are satisfied that they are completed but once they are our full attention will be turned on this new dash.

--Team BlackStorm

#2 PID

PID

X-S Senior Member

• PipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 19 July 2004 - 05:56 AM

Thanks Psilocybe................
Watch this space................

#3 Psilocybe

Psilocybe

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,292 posts

Posted 19 July 2004 - 09:16 AM

i just hope it's kept opensource, i don't think horney and the gang have released anything since they took it over
i know i know, they used code they shouldn't have until they could figure it out, and someoen else didn't want their code to be published etc etc, but still, it's team xbox OPENSOURCE

#4 HoRnEyDvL

HoRnEyDvL

Nexgen Developer

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 903 posts

Posted 19 July 2004 - 10:30 AM

my side of the tams is 100% happy 2 remain open source. The i am in trouble with my team sad.gif they wanna keep the name nexgen it means so much to them sad.gif

#5 PID

PID

X-S Senior Member

• PipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 19 July 2004 - 12:11 PM

I think the gun was jumped again. Didn't we learn from the last mess. We need to oragnise these news releases better ppl. No-one has fully discussed anything. I for one would like to see it remain opensource and neXgen. We all need to get togther ASAP to sort this out now word is out. We are not trying to "Buy out" anything from the BSX camp, we just wanna start adding a more pleasing to the eye interface to the excellent codebase that is neXgen, and who knows what other functionallity we can come up with.

If there is a namechange to be had to set this new era in neXgen developement the forums here are the place to thash it out !

I'll throw in "NeXgen-neXgen", lol laugh.gif

Lets not get into "handbags at dawn" again please.

#6 HoRnEyDvL

HoRnEyDvL

Nexgen Developer

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 903 posts

Posted 19 July 2004 - 12:37 PM

acid its all good smile.gif i just recived an excelent guide from zogo he has been hard at work. cant wait what the final product will look like. smile.gif

#7 'iCeCooL'

'iCeCooL'

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 19 July 2004 - 06:37 PM

hehe .. It's like naming a child smile.gif ... So u guys dont like bsXos ? its 50/50 then ?

#8 BobMcGee

BobMcGee

X-S Member

• Dev/Contributor
  • Pip
  • 114 posts

Posted 19 July 2004 - 11:15 PM

psilocybe...please stay out of this. I'm sick and tired of our group being treated like the red-headed step child of the scene. We work on xbox shit in our spare time (which is very limited) for free and get nothing but insults in return. Starting to question why I'm releasing shit or trying to do anything for anyone anymore. The bottom line is none of us really care what nexgen wants to call itself, we were just trying to help out where we could...we were misinformed about it and meant nothing by calling it the wrong thing. Now let me tell you what is going to happen as a result of this...people are going to try to say we attempted to hijack the nexgen codebase when either nexgen or bsx posts the retraction statement. One more headache I dont want to have and one more thing making me want to stop doing public releases. It's just frustrating to get home after working 14-16 hours a day to find 20 PMs saying "nexgen is mad what happened?"

Edited by BobMcGee, 19 July 2004 - 11:59 PM.

#9 Psilocybe

Psilocybe

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,292 posts

Posted 19 July 2004 - 11:30 PM

i just lost some respect for you with the way you handled that

*bob now that i see you have redirected your comment somewhat towards me, i would just like to say that i started this thread as a good thing, i was just posting the news that was on your site, i mentioned nothing (nor new) about the possible conflicts that may arise with the name of it and such
anyway i think it's good that you are going to be working on this dash

Edited by Psilocybe, 20 July 2004 - 02:03 AM.

#10 'iCeCooL'

'iCeCooL'

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 19 July 2004 - 11:36 PM

ok guys .. lets not sort this out in a public forum !?!?!?! pop yaselfs into #blackstormx smile.gif and give me a pm

#11 HoRnEyDvL

HoRnEyDvL

Nexgen Developer

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 903 posts

Posted 20 July 2004 - 02:56 AM

you know what at the end of the day its just a name i can call it shitstickdashos if i wanted 2 wouldnot mean crap tho lol. We will sort this out soon & then have the perfect dash everyone has been dreaming about out. We could Even keep the name Nexgen for the xbe & BSX for the skin pack or what ever but please dont let this turn into a flame war. Both teams are strugling 2 keep up with other dashboards so please people post ur positives thoughts in here lets see your support. I wanna see ppl contribute 2 our project & help us. Im sure you guys remember the first day nexgen was anounced not by team xos buy the old team everyone went crazy over it untill they released it with bug then all of a sudden no more nexgen sad.gif we want 2 re-live this dream we want ppl 2 use our software & to understand that the best things in life are indeed free. I will sit down with my team as i belive there the ones that are suffering from all this & have a chat with them what do you guys think this is just a suggestion not final i hope the bsx guys dont get offended but how about this.

XBE = NEXGEN
Skins = BSX
Nexgen + BSX = NO #1

Edited by HoRnEyDvL, 20 July 2004 - 03:12 AM.

#12 Zer04evr

Zer04evr

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 644 posts
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 20 July 2004 - 04:43 AM

lots of respect to both teams but seriously we need to add what all dashes have been missing to date
Crackwhores

Edited by Zer04evr, 20 July 2004 - 04:44 AM.

#13 bucko

bucko

Super Moderator

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,996 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 27 July 2004 - 05:06 PM

As asked by Harry, I'm trying to set-up a nice little CVS site for you guys to use. Of course I'm sure we will still use our sourceforge account when CVS is ready.

The point of my CVS site for nexgen is to allow people to come together and then people can submit there code or discuss current code etc etc, tell me what you think about it for ideas and stuff.

PHPNuke is really starting to annoy me, i've set it up but there are a few MySQL errors. I might start it from scratch and not use any of this PHPNuke crap. Head on over to

www.potton-delph.com/xos

To see the site.

Edited by bucko, 27 July 2004 - 05:09 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users