• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 illypso

illypso

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 143 posts
  • Interests:Anything that can be hard to do in my xbox and that have a risk to broke it is a nice thing to try
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 19 July 2004 - 05:31 PM

I want to make the blackstorm dash only in 480i. here is why.

i have a hdvt upstair and it is hdtv so i put the xbox in 480p,etc. enable.
but when i go downstair with the other tv, it is component compatible but not hdtv, so if i start the xbox and i forget to disable the 480p unpstair i cant start the xbox cause it switch to 480p and my tv is not compatible,

with the fist version of blackstorm it was ok cause it was not in 480p, but the new version is. so is there a way to make is like the first version.To always boot the dash in 480i.

#2 Psilocybe

Psilocybe

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,292 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 19 July 2004 - 08:20 PM

it shouldn't really matter, because when you hook up the other video cables it disables the progressive scan modes by default anyway, and you can't turn them on without the hdtv pack
also if your tv doesn't support progressive scan modes it should default to interlaced

#3 illypso

illypso

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 143 posts
  • Interests:Anything that can be hard to do in my xbox and that have a risk to broke it is a nice thing to try

Posted 20 July 2004 - 10:21 PM

I just use the hdtv pack, the tv downstair use the hdtv pack but not in progressive.Only because the picture is bether then the composite cable that come with the xbox.

when i start the xbox with the 480p (on) in the m$dash, i see the intro movie and then when the dash (or game) start the screen flick for 3 second and then turn black, the game or dash is still open behind cause i hear the sound and i am able to turn 480p off blindly and then restart the xbox normaly.

like i said i can turn it off blindly so if there is no other way to fixe this i will live with it but if there whould be another way to see what i am doing it would be nice.

You say that it sould detect that my tv is not a progressive compatible and start in interlaced?

Edited by illypso, 20 July 2004 - 10:21 PM.

#4 Psilocybe

Psilocybe

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,292 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 21 July 2004 - 05:33 AM

ha, i hate to tell you but the picture isn't gonna be any better by using hdtv pack than it is for the standard cables when your tv doesn't support them

#5 illypso

illypso

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 143 posts

Posted 21 July 2004 - 03:17 PM

well i see a diference,the big X logo , the border of the line seem to move or something , and with the hdtv pack they dont, its not a big diference, when playing i dont see any but I made all the output possible behind my xbox so why not using the best output even if there is no big diference, and my tv does not have a s-video exit, so i have the choice between the hdtv pack or the yellow composite cable. wink.gif

And for the dash , i see you have made a patch for the first version ,(to make it 480p possible) and they made the other version 480p. so there would be a way to reverse it to 480i only ?

could i just hex edit the dash for that , There is a tut for that but they dont say for blackstorm, and i supose that if you made a patch for that you must know what to change.
If it's not to mutch trubble for you of course.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users