#1 admiralj

admiralj

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 120 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 02 August 2002 - 08:52 PM

ok - as any collector wants to retain the original content of a game as much as possible, i have tried to downsample the .bik videos in Onimusha to reduce the file size for dvd-r - instead of just removing them. the only problem is that for some reason the xbox wont read the audio of the downsampled videos. it plays the video flawlessly tho. here's what i've tried so far.

my victim file was linksu00.bik (the japanese intro file).
-video untouched, audio @ 16bit, 44.1khz, MONO compress level 4 (no audio was played)
-video untouched, audio @ 16bit, 44.1khz, MONO compress level 0 (no audio was played)
-video untouched, audio @ 8bit, 44.1khz, STEREO compress level 0 (no audio was played)
-video untouched, audio @ 8bit, 44.1khz, MONO compress level 0 (no audio was played)

does anyone have any experience making .bik files run within a game? is there a certain audio level/format i have to use to make them work properly?

i now trying to do a percent compress of this file (24% is about right). we'll see if i have any luck... i doubt it tho.
by the way - does anyone know how projectx was able to relink .bik files to the english ones? is it as simple as making a blank .bik file and adding linksu00e.bik into it with a text editor?

#2 admiralj

admiralj

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 120 posts

Posted 03 August 2002 - 09:27 AM

As i suspected, the percent downsample did not work. Video played, audio did not.
What am i missing here?
Anyone?

#3 Drew826

Drew826

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 861 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 03 August 2002 - 09:04 PM

I'll try doing the same thing with my genma onimusha vids, and i'll let you know if anything's successful. But so far i've had problems downsampling wav files from burnout. They did play, but way too fast.
As far as relinking .bik files, I'm not sure if this is quite what you're looking for, but you can rename the bik files to whatever you want them to be in order to get them to play where you need them.

#4 admiralj

admiralj

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 120 posts

Posted 04 August 2002 - 08:23 AM

thanks. any advice would be well appriciated.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users