• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Ignignokt

Ignignokt

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 July 2004 - 09:20 PM

So anyway, I installed my Xecutor 2.3b lite chip that i got from Mod Chip Man a week ago, I'll just go through step by step of what i did

1) Took off the case of the X Box

2) Took off but didn't disconnect entirely the DVD drive and Hard Drive, just lifted them up

3) Pushed mod chip into pin to pin connector, screwed it in, upon starting the X Box it lit up all three lights

4) Installed the external switch, i know that's working right

Anyway, now i have come to a problem, when I start the X Box i just see the MS dash board, i want to install my X2 bios and EvoX using a CD-RW, and i have top of the line Sony CD-RWs that my X Box will not read somehow, even with a dummy file.

Am i supposed to see a Cromwell screen when i start my X Box? Is it supposed to ask me for the bios i want? Do you have a clue what I did wrong? Can someone explain this to me like i'm 6 years old, because the tutorials are VERY unhelpful and confusing, they all speed through the bios modding like you should know exactly how to install a foreign bios onto a windows based system like an every day task.

#2 thesammah

thesammah

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 80 posts

Posted 19 July 2004 - 10:26 PM

Yes you should see a cromwell boot screen when the chip is installed correctly. Is this the + or the lite which you soldered? Also what settings do you have your external switches set at?

#3 tyger25

tyger25

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 108 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 19 July 2004 - 10:34 PM

Check the switches...

#4 Ignignokt

Ignignokt

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 July 2004 - 10:52 PM

Solderless plus version

How do i get the Cromwell boot screen, i have what's probably a 1.3 x box since it has the Conexant encoder but was made in October of last year.

Also, it's a refurbished X Box, does that make a difference?

#5 Ignignokt

Ignignokt

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 July 2004 - 10:54 PM

Oh ,and switches are enabled, unprotected, and bank 1

#6 thesammah

thesammah

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 80 posts

Posted 19 July 2004 - 11:22 PM

Won't make a difference about being 1.3 or refurbed.
Your problem is with your adaptor. Eventhough it might appear to make great contact on each point it is not. Try rubbing all the points you connect on and the do point really good with alcohol and then try applying pressure at different points of your chip to see what isn't connecting.

#7 Scaramanga

Scaramanga

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 630 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 19 July 2004 - 11:58 PM

There's no d0 contact.
You need to realign the chip.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users